Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It just occured to me.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

It just occured to me.......

Dec 2, 2013, 2:03 PM

That those on here that are ok with Dabo for winning 10 games but losing to SCjr MUST NOT LIVE IN SOUTH CAROLINA! Winning 10 games doesn't take away what those of us that LIVE HERE have to listen to day in and day out for the last 4 years.... and the 5th year is just starting. Say we do get matched up against Bama in the Orange and pull out a win. What are we going to say "We beat Bama".... the coots response will be "ummmmmmm who cares b/c you cant beat us, high FIVE". Get over the 10 wins people. Beating your rival every year would be nice yes, but also unrealistic. But good lord FIVE YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe its just those of us that have a life outside

Dec 2, 2013, 2:04 PM

of the entertainment of college football

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

says 17,000 posts plus***

Dec 4, 2013, 12:00 AM

Carolina's response would probably be they already beat Bama***

Dec 2, 2013, 2:04 PM

Re: Carolina's response would probably be they already beat Bama***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:05 PM

Which would be asinine and obtuse, just like the fanbase as a whole.

Re: It just occured to me.......

Dec 3, 2013, 10:59 PM

I work with a lot of Gamecock fans and they never give me any problems. No trash talking ever. They support their team and respect me for my support of the Tigers. IMHO, maybe a lot of folks are getting paid back because they didn't win with class for all these years.

Re: It just occured to me.......

Dec 3, 2013, 11:34 PM

Amen Aiken. Clearly I'm a Coot, don't hide it, but I live in Columbia and because of my line of work (architecture) the vast majority of my friends and co workers are Clemson fans. I have never had a problem with any of them. I have never had a problem of any kind at Death Valley and have never seen a problem of any kind at Willy B. I have been to every SEC stadium except aTm and have been to a game at every ACC stadium (my wife is a Hokie) except the new teams recently added. I have never had any trouble of any kind at any stadium (including LSU and UGA) and usually see a lot of respect between the fans that clearly share a love of college football. Maybe we are just the minority, Aiken?
I also don't get all the jokes about the city of Columbia? It is like you all think that Coot fans and Columbia are equal sets of each other. You realize that I personally know about 100 or more Clemson fans that live here in Columbia and love it. There are also many, many Coots living all over the state, but somehow those concentrations of Coots don't equate to an unsafe place to live?
I'm pretty sure when Clemson was whipping our butts every year and Coots were claiming Clemson was some sort of a backwoods place, it likely rang a little hollow to you. Well, it does for us Columbians now, as well.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

I just remind the coots what Spurrier was preaching

Dec 3, 2013, 11:29 PM

when he was 1-3 against Clemson.
They didn't care about Clemson. They hired Spurrier to win the SEC.
If they are satisfied beating Clemson - well, they've got some catching up to do.

Re: I just remind the coots what Spurrier was preaching

Dec 3, 2013, 11:38 PM

We are not satisfied just beating Clemson, but it surely helps.
We want to win the SEC very bad, but we also realize that for the past 7 years, that's right - 7 years, in order to win the SEC we would have had to have won the national championship.
That is hard to do.
I think we are getting closer.
But rest assured.....we will keep trying.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

I know what you meant

Dec 3, 2013, 11:42 PM

"in order to win the SEC we would have had to have won the east"

Re: I know what you meant

Dec 3, 2013, 11:48 PM

I wrote what I meant. We did win the east in 2010 and would have had to have won the against the eventual national champions to win the SEC.
And if we had.....your final argument (we can't win the SEC) to attempt to ignore the DRASTIC shift in the expectations for the futures of our programs will be gone......poof!
Like I said....we will keep trying.

I realize you wrote what you meant

Dec 3, 2013, 11:56 PM

but coot logic doesn't work in the world.

Re: I realize you wrote what you meant

Dec 4, 2013, 12:24 AM

Not to mention Alabama could not win the SEC a few years ago but won the National Championship!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic