Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Carolina Panthers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,177

Carolina Panthers

Apr 24, 2020, 8:38 PM

I've been a Panthers fan from day one. I was in Death Valley to witness their first ever win over the New York Jets in 1995. There have been a handful of Clemson players play for the Panthers over the years, but none that lasted more than a couple of years. They have never drafted a Clemson player....not even once. The Carolina Panthers have drafted 4 players from South Carolina, 4 Players from North Carolina, 5 players from Georgia, and 0 players from Clemson. Now I know you don't pull for a pro team based on your fave college team. But I can't wrap my head around why they refuse to draft Clemson players. Not one in their 25 year existence. So what I'm asking is, am I making a big deal over nothing? Or should I look for another NFL team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Carolina Panthers

Apr 25, 2020, 9:34 PM

IRONCAT68 said:

I've been a Panthers fan from day one. I was in Death Valley to witness their first ever win over the New York Jets in 1995. There have been a handful of Clemson players play for the Panthers over the years, but none that lasted more than a couple of years. They have never drafted a Clemson player....not even once. The Carolina Panthers have drafted 4 players from South Carolina, 4 Players from North Carolina, 5 players from Georgia, and 0 players from Clemson. Now I know you don't pull for a pro team based on your fave college team. But I can't wrap my head around why they refuse to draft Clemson players. Not one in their 25 year existence. So what I'm asking is, am I making a big deal over nothing? Or should I look for another NFL team?

I agree. Hard to believe the Panthers never drafted a Clemson player, especially considering Mark Richardson was the Panther's President until his dad canned him and Mark played for Clemson and is a life trustee of Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m a Falcons fan because they were the “home team” for upstate SC

Apr 25, 2020, 9:40 PM

since their formation. I resented the Panthers naming themselves Carolina, playing in Clemson their first year, and having preseason camp in Spartanburg in an effort to make themselves the home NFL team for upstate SC.

I get it, they have to market their franchise. They want butts in seats and viewers on TV. They don’t want to just appeal to Charlotte, but to fans in both states. But I don’t have to like it either. I am not obligated to abandon my allegiance to the Falcons just because the Panthers show up.

So eff the Panthers, their stupid team colors, and their obvious dislike of Clemson players. The Falcons are still my team. And they actually value Clemson players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,177
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic