Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins

Jul 1, 2013, 11:21 AM

ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins

Jul 1, 2013, 11:24 AM

61 DAYS!!!

ESPN hyping it up 61 days out.

Jul 1, 2013, 11:24 AM

I had a feeling they would see Sammy's quote and run with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's bulletin board material for one of their favorite SEC

Jul 1, 2013, 11:41 AM

teams.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite quote from Sammy " Please press cover me every

Jul 2, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to ESPN hyping it up 61 days out. ]

down and we will see another TD record"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins

Jul 1, 2013, 12:16 PM

I wish we wouldn't say things like this. It seems to always come back and bite you in the back end. Geogia's running game scares me and hopefully we can stop it and they can't stop our offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's coward talk

Jul 1, 2013, 12:21 PM

it's like "oh no we better not say anything to tick off big bad Georgia, they might get mad and beat us up"

You should only be worried about that if you legitimately think their team could crush you. If you believe, like Sammy does, that we can and should destroy UGA in August, then there's nothing wrong with saying it.

And Watkins' talk is that of a foolish young man.

Jul 1, 2013, 12:25 PM

If you believe it, like Sammy does, you let your play do the talking for you.

Yep

Jul 1, 2013, 12:27 PM

Act and talk like you've been there before. Think whatever suits you.

Agreed

Jul 1, 2013, 12:27 PM [ in reply to And Watkins' talk is that of a foolish young man. ]

One of the best things about Nuk was that he let his play speak all the trash needed - before, during, and after the game.

Nuk also talked trash verbally...just watch the LSU game.

Jul 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

He talked all kind of #### to Reid, of course he backed it up with his play.

Watkins will back up every word....

Jul 1, 2013, 12:42 PM [ in reply to And Watkins' talk is that of a foolish young man. ]

besides, words are long forgotten after kickoff. It has no bearing on the outcome of the game anyway.

I like the brashness, honestly. We've been a team without an edge for a long time. Now, we're there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can say whatever he wants

Jul 1, 2013, 1:16 PM [ in reply to And Watkins' talk is that of a foolish young man. ]

as long as he backs it up. Chad Johnson was one of the biggest trash talkers of all time, but he also backed it up by averaging over 1,000 yards receiving and 6 TDs over an 11 year NFL career.

Re: He can say whatever he wants

Jul 1, 2013, 2:44 PM

Is he going to back up his stay in jail? Jerry Rice didn't say much and if you could have started a NFL team, which would you rather have?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whose quarterbacks do I get?***

Jul 1, 2013, 4:22 PM

Re: Whose quarterbacks do I get?***

Jul 1, 2013, 5:43 PM

lets see....lets use Montana

I would like to place Brash in place of Foolish....

Jul 1, 2013, 2:02 PM [ in reply to And Watkins' talk is that of a foolish young man. ]

I should have taken longer to nail down the word for which I was truly looking.

Re: That's coward talk

Jul 1, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to That's coward talk ]

No, not coward talk. Georgia is not going to be an easy game and if you are thinking it is not going to be then you are fooling yourself. I'm sure you have seen it and we all have seen it, talk like this can back-fire.

Somebody's scared of dawgs...

Jul 1, 2013, 1:20 PM

Sammy didn't guarantee a win, he said we can and should beat the tar out of them.

Re: Somebody's scared of dawgs...

Jul 1, 2013, 2:21 PM

I read the same article you did and I know what Sammy said. He is a great player but he needs to tone it down. Being confident is one thing, being arrogant is another. Not scared of Georgia, I just respect their program. Trust me, I want Clemson to win as bad as you do, I just want our players showing class and respect.

We can beat the dawg #### out of em and still respect them.***

Jul 1, 2013, 9:18 PM

Re: That's coward talk

Jul 1, 2013, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: That's coward talk ]

Shhhhhh, the boogie man may get us!!! Or maybe that flat faced doggie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coward talk???? LOL!!!!!! It's called talk is cheap------

Jul 1, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to That's coward talk ]

"Show me, don't tell me". Games has never been won in the media!!

Tell that to Namath...***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell that to Namath...***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:41 PM

I admit there are a few who have talked the talk and walked the walk. More people have eaten the words they have said. Be realistic. I'd rather hear Sammy say, "it is going to be a hard game and we are going to come ready to play and give it our best."

Namath had absolutely nothing to lose ... the Jets & the AFL

Jul 1, 2013, 4:45 PM

were considered totally inferior to the Colts and the NFL. The media were making fun of the Jets and predicting runaway scores for the Colts.

For Broadway Joe, going out on that limb had very little risk. He and the Jet managed to talk the talk and then walk the walk, but if they hadn't, expectations were so low that nobody would have cared.

By contrast, the Clemson and Georgia game is seen by most as pretty much a toss-up. It's one of those games where the slightest thing could make a difference either positive or negative.

Expectations are sky high for both teams and afterward brash remarks that are not back up on the field will be remembered.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy is probably tired of the SEC hype just like most.***

Jul 1, 2013, 6:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The quote you would want to hear is a losing attitude.

Jul 1, 2013, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell that to Namath...*** ]

There was nothing wrong with what he said.

UGAy lost 9 starters on their defense. Their running game is good but if we go up big they have to start passing, takes Gurshall right out of the game.

By the way, if we give it our best then we will beat the mess out of them.

Never been lost in the media either***

Jul 1, 2013, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Coward talk???? LOL!!!!!! It's called talk is cheap------ ]

Does anybody know how to take stuff in funn and enjoy

Jul 1, 2013, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins ]

college rivalries like the old days. Danny Ford told his team if he had to go to the 50 yard line and punch Vince Dooley in the mouth to make his team play better he would. Lighten up people!!

Agreed. We have to stop the run, or Sammy won't really have

Jul 1, 2013, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: ESPN tweets about Sammy Watkins ]

a chance to show himself.

Thanks for the BB material

Jul 1, 2013, 12:21 PM

UGA safeties are now even more motivated to come up with a huge, game-changing type hit when you come across the middle.

Who cares? Sack up and try to catch him***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:22 PM

The UGA defense is young and inexperienced

Jul 1, 2013, 12:26 PM

However the will bring the lumber when making a tackle. Be ready for a very physical game.

We aint skeered. We play half a SEC schedule every year***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:28 PM

And LSU's D just put 8 in the NFL.... Your point?***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:31 PM [ in reply to The UGA defense is young and inexperienced ]

My point will be obvious come Aug 31st***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:35 PM

Nm

Clemson by at least 10...***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:40 PM

We'll see soon enough***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:43 PM

Nm

Re: My point will be obvious come Aug 31st***

Jul 1, 2013, 8:17 PM [ in reply to My point will be obvious come Aug 31st*** ]

Clemson has played against some hard hitting safeties, and that's a given going in to every game that if they get a shot over the middle they are gonna try to light them up. I think some double moves and then turn the jets on will be a popular play against a young and inexperienced secondary. Hope so anyway, along with a good run game, so Sammy's prediction will turn out true

need time for double moves, is the UGA DL going to be this

Jul 1, 2013, 9:20 PM

year

UGa will probably be the 4th or 5th best defense...

Jul 1, 2013, 12:45 PM [ in reply to The UGA defense is young and inexperienced ]

... that we face next year, after FSU, Syracuse, Maryland, and South Carolina. Your defense doesn't really concern me at all, but your offense is another story.

Re: Thanks for the BB material

Jul 1, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the BB material ]

That could mean UGA DBs creeping up a little bit @ times to get physical, and Sammy picks a few times to run past them though.

Jul 1, 2013, 1:51 PM

That what Sammy do well. He reads the Dbs very well and use his speed and quickness to get where he needs to be, looking at times as if he was shot out of a rocket launcher. PS. Many of those Mid & South Fla. kids are used to talking smack. Many grows up this way, a survivor instinct throughout the neighborhood recreational activities. It part of competing and growing up in these types of areas. It is required sometime just to participate in outdoor activities. It part of growing up in urban areas or you would be ran back in your house. I remember growing up in similar areas in upstate SC. Deion Sander was a Primetime example of these these types of kids. Builds confident while competing win or loose. But didn't stop the academics side of things.

Who are you talking to?

Jul 1, 2013, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the BB material ]

Isn't it odd how you read everything he says, but he will never read a word you say? But congrats on the trash talk, big day for you.

Back it up on the field and I'll be the first to remember***

Jul 1, 2013, 12:22 PM

If UGA needs BB material, we've already won...

Jul 1, 2013, 12:29 PM

I love this. We want a confident program, and we've got it. Let's just put it together on the field!

Go Tigers!

Exactly, they weren't going to take a preseason all American

Jul 2, 2013, 8:13 AM

Seriously but they are now and they even might try to hit and tackle hard.

Jul 1, 2013, 12:33 PM

Tajh will have a field day against your porous secondary, I see at least 375 yards passing!

love it... nice to hear some confidence for once

Jul 1, 2013, 12:41 PM

Unlike all of you conflicted panty-waists who come on here to complain any time anybody in the media says anything critical of Clemson, but who also can't stand to see us highly ranked because it's somehow better if we "sneak up on" people (as if that ever helped anyone win a championship). We all know Sammy will bring it, and I hope the rest of the team adopts his attitude too.

Bout time our football Payers & Team got some b*lls and back

Jul 1, 2013, 2:47 PM

it up hopefully too! gOTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hell Yeah!

Jul 1, 2013, 6:24 PM

I applaud this young man for saying exactly how he FEELS! GO TIGERS!

The Deuce....

Jul 1, 2013, 8:33 PM

will be LOOSED!!!

After he torches Jawjuh for a couple touchdowns and 100+ yards....

Maybe ESpiN can tweet about it!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### yes, Sammy!!!! If you don't like it, go play

Jul 1, 2013, 10:04 PM

intramurals, brother!

Careful sawce, it's a sensitive crew

Jul 1, 2013, 10:04 PM

Football players should be seen and not heard.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic