Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Drugs are a nasty mistress
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 783

Drugs are a nasty mistress

Jun 2, 2020, 8:36 AM

A guy I went to high school with use to be a really good guy. Got hooked on drugs. Moved away. Got clean. Came back to be close to his son and got back on it again because my home town is a cesspool of junkies.

Over the weekend he posted on buddybook about his addiction and how it got him to where he is. 50 comments, people saying "I'm praying for you; if you need anything let me know" including mine and a few other comments of "get the #### out of hometown, this is not the place for a recovering junkie."

Couple of days later he posts about having the detox place worked out he just needs a ride to larger next door city so he can meet his "sponsor" or whatever and go to detox.

Not one single comment.

Talked it over with the wife, decided that I would give him a ride to next big city over so he can meet his ride.

It has been a ride since Sunday night. Many excuses about paperwork not being ready. He OD'd yesterday morning. Sent me a message about needing a place to stay. HELL NO.

So now we wait to see if he sets a time to go meet his person. If not. He's done with me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Good luck.***

Jun 2, 2020, 8:47 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't you let him build a lean to out by the chicken coop?***

Jun 2, 2020, 8:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't no way I'm letting this dude anywhere near my house

Jun 2, 2020, 8:58 AM

and if he shows up in my yard, the first time he will be hauled off by the cops. The second time by the coroner. I don't play that #### with my family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woah, don't give yourself an aneurysm.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:02 AM

If this was a dude that would reach out via facebook rather than more traditional means or communication then you are already doing a ton for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Srs, stay out of it. Don't invite that #### into your family***

Jun 2, 2020, 8:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not coming in my family.

Jun 2, 2020, 8:55 AM

He gets one ride to the next town over to get a ride to detox.

That's it.

I don't feel obligated to him like his family would. He has until tomorrow to get everything set or I'm done.

One thing I have learned about junkies is they are extremely manipulative.

You have to set clear defined boundaries and stick to them.

Dude really asked if he could stay at my house. Out your #### mind.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

I might would rethink even giving him the ride

Jun 2, 2020, 9:09 AM

You don't want to get those "he's rich, he can afford it" wheels turning. I know everyone will have a good LOL at that, but that type will look at a 1997 Explorer with matching body panels like it's the equivalent to a new Mercedes AMG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he sees my deck he will be tougher to get rid of than

Jun 2, 2020, 9:16 AM

herpes

Re: It's not coming in my wife.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to It's not coming in my family. ]

FTFY

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Why do you think no one replied?

Jun 2, 2020, 9:00 AM

That’s why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I know. But if I was in a bad situation

Jun 2, 2020, 9:02 AM

and needed a ride I would hope somebody would at least offer to give me one ride.

That's what I'm doing here.

One ride. By tomorrow.

Hate to say it but I’m guessing it’s a con, not much

Jun 2, 2020, 9:04 AM

Different from the people who come up at a gas station and give a sob story about needing gas money, then walk off in a huff when you say “pull your car up to the pump and I’ll put $10 in.” He was just looking for some Uber $$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably so. Probably wanting a ride to florence

Jun 2, 2020, 9:06 AM

to get more drugs.

I'm more concerned about him trying to rob me.

Florence ? What a maroon !

Jun 2, 2020, 11:17 AM

1O1111!!84!11

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to transplant the junkies here to your place***

Jun 2, 2020, 11:47 AM

Most mistresses are. From what I have seen, the most influential reason

Jun 2, 2020, 9:09 AM

a person goes back to addiction is a return to previous places and people. The more physical the addiction, the more that is true, it seems to me.

Unfortunately, as counter intuitive as it seems, your response is not wrong. The asking for the most basic of needs is often a way of staying connected to the places and people that take a person back to addiction.

It is an interesting but tragic subject. I work with people in a homeless recovery program, and of course homelessness has a heavy addiction component. If you eveR need to talk about this or share your experiences, tmail me.

I agree. The worse thing he could have done

Jun 2, 2020, 9:13 AM

is come back to the same environment that got him hooked the first time.

Oh well. My conscious is clear.

Good luck

Jun 2, 2020, 9:11 AM

It’s a bad feeling to watch someone self destruct and know you can’t help.

I had to cut a fishing buddy out of my world because of this.

He recently moved and I hope he does well living with his family on a huge chunk of land in Gray Court.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck ... but reason 1,000,000,000 and 1 to not FB or

Jun 2, 2020, 9:29 AM

other social media.

TigerNet is my only vice ....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's over.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:15 AM

Dude wanted me to call the SS office for him because his "microphone" isn't working.

Nope. Walking away.

seeee....what had happened wuz..............***

Jun 2, 2020, 11:16 AM

and you have a big heart at times.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to And it's over. ]

You're a big hearted idiot, but you have a big heart. don't change, boo.

Here's hoping you don't have to shoot at him later.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to And it's over. ]

Kinda serious about that since now you've forsaken him or some ####.

I have a feeling the craziness isn't about to cease

Jun 2, 2020, 11:49 AM

but he's blocked so oh well.

I have no problem helping somebody who wants help and based on his posts he was wanting help.

But if you don't have the drive to ask the girl who you're staying with to use her phone to call, then me giving you a ride isn't going to do ####.

Bye Felicia.

He needs a ride to the next town to meet someone

Jun 2, 2020, 2:31 PM

thats going to give him a ride? Can that someone not drive to said hometown?

###### FACEBOOK COACH

Jun 2, 2020, 2:49 PM

Are you gonna give me a ride or not?

Also, can I borrow $20 and a small bag of dog food?

Re: Drugs are a nasty mistress

Jun 2, 2020, 4:20 PM

To bad his sponsor didn't help him get a ride. You did your best so don't beat yourself up about it.

Replies: 27
| visibility 783
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic