Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't understand anybody wanting to fire Dabo at this point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Can't understand anybody wanting to fire Dabo at this point

Dec 8, 2013, 10:17 AM

There are many teams and fans of those teams who would trade place with us right now in a heartbeat! To be 10-2 with one of our losses against the team that will probably be the national champion is an incredible season! I understand losing five in a row to the coots hurts but they are a very good team this season and we outperformed them so well we were still tied if I remember correctly even after four of the six turnovers. I know it was at least three.
It used to be awesome if we signed a four star athlete or two on signing day and now we sign seven or eight even in a year we don't have many to offer.
Finally it has been a long time since the days when I felt comfortable entering Death Valley knowing we would either come home with a win or a hard-fought battle. Also we have been in the top 25 the entire year including the top 10 most of the season.
I am grateful for Dabo and his assistants and the good jobs they are doing. Is there room for improvement? Of course. But I am so excited about most of our games being sell-outs now at home.
Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't understand anybody wanting to fire Dabo at this point

Dec 8, 2013, 10:25 AM

If you don't think there is a better man out there for the head coaching position @ Clemson University, then you are kidding yourself in a great way.

Don't get me wrong, I heart Dabo, but have you seen Auburn has done? Their only loss all year was to LSU & they're still in the championship game.

Our offense has come to a screeching halt several times this season & it has made me want to smoke poison trees. I don't blame Dabo entirely but I can think of numerous other men that I'd rather have coaching my team including whoever the frick deadsolidperfect's boss is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm master of my domain.***

Dec 8, 2013, 10:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm like a web-like hammock, eagerly awaiting you to

Dec 8, 2013, 10:34 AM

comfortably settle inside me.

i don't blame you.***

Dec 8, 2013, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You rang?

Dec 8, 2013, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Can't understand anybody wanting to fire Dabo at this point ]

I'd be willing to give it a shot. Maybe Friedgen would be interested in the OC position?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

how do you feel about turnovers?

Dec 8, 2013, 10:46 AM

apple work for you?

Definitely apple...

Dec 8, 2013, 10:48 AM

cherry ain't bad either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cherry pies n such give me the groce, so you can has mine 2.***

Dec 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

Tastes so good makes a grown man cry...***

Dec 8, 2013, 10:54 AM

Re: You rang?

Dec 8, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to You rang? ]

Didn't he coach @ the Citadel? Did they beat SCU during his tenure?

That would work out great!

I'm afraid any of the other tigernetters would turn into a Bob Knight-type character if he tried to coach our defense though.

I think that there are really two concerns

The team has self imploded several times (West Virginia, FSU, USC multiple times), and Swinney doesn't seem to be able to get things turned around.

He also won't pull some players. I completely understand trying to get Boyd settled, but sending him out when he's frazzled only makes him look bad, hurting his draft stock and the team. Give Stoudt a series while Boyd calms his nerves. If Stoudt struggles, pressure comes off Boyd a little (it's not just him). If Stoudt does really well, then he should keep playing.

I think that the second would help with the first, but these are tough decisions - how do you hold out your star quarterback, especially when he wants in? Swinney has to take the emotion out of the decision making process. Until he does, he's handicapping the team.

Oh yes, pulling a record setting QB helps his draft status..

Dec 8, 2013, 4:29 PM

Brilliant!

I see two concerns.

Dec 8, 2013, 5:59 PM [ in reply to I think that there are really two concerns ]

How would the team react to pulling Boyd? Remember, he's the eldest leader on this team. Cole has gone to battle with all of them but only a couple of times when the outcome of the game was on the line.

How do they react if Boyd is pulled? The second concern is how does Boyd react to being pulled after being the starter and being depended on for such a long time.

Pulling a starting QB is an oleballsak move. Do we really want a coach that compares to SOS in that aspect?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think that there are really two concerns

Dec 8, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to I think that there are really two concerns ]

I have supported Dabo, but I do not think that this staff can develop talent. I see players like Lateek T., Cortez D., Gerome H., Kellen J., JJ McCollough., Tony S., and I. Battle receiving little to no playing time and these guys are top notch. I feel that another coach could take this program to another level with the talent that we have on this team. We need to play these guys and stop the underdog nonsense.

Re: I think that there are really two concerns

Dec 8, 2013, 6:42 PM [ in reply to I think that there are really two concerns ]

My very thoughts ...BEFORE ...the USuC game...but I knew no matter how bad Tajh played ...Dabo would never pull him ...not even for a series or two...HE couldn't pull him because they ( he and the Tajh are Buds ..) ...and everyone knows you can't dis your best bud by having him sit out a couple plays to see if Cole Stoudt could get the offense moving... that thought never occurred to Dabo...never...Dabo is a player ...dude

I guess it's about expectation.

I want championships. Dabo's got one in five years. That's it. Now throw in 5 losses in a row to Sukolina, and I fail to see how a Dabo is a great coach. He's an upgrade over TB, but that's not really saying much in my opinion.

When our offense don't work

Dec 8, 2013, 10:36 AM

We are done. The defense plays good enough to win most of the time.
Dabo can't seem to fix our problems
We have no plan B.
Dabos way of doing things allows us to get blown out against power teams
We are like a fast BMW but need to be in a F350
Dabo ain't going anywhere so don't worry
He is on nobody's list

Dec 8, 2013, 10:34 AM

Yea, it's ridiculous to talk of getting rid of Dabo. Somebody like Texas or Florida is going to come knocking and give them their ridiculous wish.

Besides, when I see Fla St's Winston, who some media say "did nothing wrong" by leaving his DNA in a stone drunk girls' panties while others watched, I'm glad to wake up on Sunday morning and know that Tajh is our quarterback and Dabo's our coach. When I think of Spurrier and Garcia or Swearinger, I think, if you want the coot way, be a coot.

Dabo wins virtually all the games he's favored in and had more talent and strength on the field than Spurrier did. Dabo, Chad, and Brent are sure to know that sometimes they just don't do what you taught 'Em. Sometimes they get rattled. Even tajh. But I'm proud he's with us and all the ball signers, apartment rule breakers, and molesters play for somebody else. I can take my kids to the blue hills and expect a win on all counts. Thank you, Coach. Thank you, Tigers. I believe you'll be ACC champs again soon, and USC and FSU are here to make us stronger -- and it's working.

Dec 8, 2013, 10:42 AM

the two games dabo has lost this year we were rated higher than the teams we played.

Dec 8, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't understand anybody wanting to fire Dabo at this point ]

If you think Texas or Fla. would put up with Dabo's s*#t ....especially that mouth ...you have totally lost your mind..

I can't understand why anyone would want him fired either

Dec 8, 2013, 10:44 AM

and I don't think very many do. At least I haven't seen many.

I also understand why people are mad and disgusted about losing to the coots for five straight years. Don't know how any big Clemson fan couldn't be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2013, 3:57 PM

Unfortunately Dabo seems to be doing the least with the most. There are just some inconsistencies our team makes that cant get us over the hump. I'm sick of the national championship talk, I'm sick of seeing our team chock full of elite talent but get blown out in the big game. I'll give him 1 more year, the benchmark is to beat the hell out of the coots. If that doesn't happen, he needs to go.

It's the vocal minority that have a problem with Dabo...

Dec 8, 2013, 4:15 PM

No true Clemson fan can say anything bad about him other than he needs to do better against SC which I'm sure he'd agree with himself. Me personally, I hope he's with us til he decides to retire.

He already says they need to do better. But he ALWAYS

Dec 8, 2013, 4:24 PM

says that. At some point he has to prove they can do better. If he can't, then maybe he needs a fresh start. But most fans are willing to give him more breathing room I think.

I see it this way: Dabo is young. Team has improved. BUT

Dec 8, 2013, 4:22 PM

the caliber of playing the coaches get from the talent they have needs to be stepped up. We have enough talent and adequate coaching to win games against all teams EXCEPT those with either much better talent (FSU) or just better coached (SCar). The fact that our team essentially wets itself when in big games links much more to coaching than talent to me.

So, if Dabo led teams continue the 10+ win march AND they begin to prove they can play at the height of their talent and skill in EVERY game, then perhaps Dabo is a keeper. I'll give him a few more growing pains problems here and there. But at some point....

Did. Not. Read. Dumb topic. Wall of text. LaterTaterFaker...***

Dec 8, 2013, 4:26 PM

Oops.. thought this was a post about firing Dabo. My mistake***

Dec 8, 2013, 4:26 PM

point awarded. read. agreed.***

Dec 8, 2013, 4:28 PM

Yes we were ranked higher

Dec 8, 2013, 4:36 PM

But in both cases the other team was actually favored. We won every game we were favored in this year, underdog in the GA game and won, and without the turnovers vs USuCk we would have won that. Can't put all those TOs on Dabo or Morris. I agree we need to get better, but things could be much worse. Let's see a few more years and let these young kids get older, if we still are losing most the big games then yes we need a change.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want him fired. I just want some power football

Dec 8, 2013, 5:10 PM

to complement the spread. That means a line that can protect the QB and create lanes for a power running back. That would make our offense competitive with just about anyone we play. Auburn does this very well.

Next year will test all of their coaching ability

Dec 8, 2013, 5:39 PM

Lose some stud players and a tougher schedule. Winning at FSU and UGA will be tall tasks. The fact is Dabo does not have a great record as a visiting underdog. Those games will likely be picked as losses in most preseason magazines. Then add what I think will be tough games at GT and at BC, then the home game against SCAR. A 10-2 record next year will be a good year but if one of those losses is against SCAR then most everyone here will consider it a failure.

I am betting that given 10-2 with a loss to SCAR or 8-4 with win against SCAR about 90% would take the 8-4.

FSU looses some talent too. UGA may be rebuilt, but

Dec 8, 2013, 5:50 PM

their defense will most likely still be relatively weak for an SEC team.

The only serious challenge to me will be FSU at home. I might be convinced about the UGA game simply because it will be the first with a slightly reworked offense (ours). But we may have an equal or better defense given who is coming off redshirt or into the mix from recruiting. (Pagano, Ogundenko off RS and keeping Shaq Lawson, Jarrett, Reader...)

About half of UGAy's players will be in jail.

Dec 8, 2013, 6:06 PM

Many of FSU's will be in the NFL. Clemson will have more talent at every position. Dabo and Chad will have one more year of experience.

I'm looking forward to next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would gladly take 8-4 with win over SCAR at this point.***

Dec 8, 2013, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Next year will test all of their coaching ability ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Assuming JawJaw and FSU as losses, who are the other 2?

Dec 8, 2013, 6:28 PM

Honestly, to me that JawJaw win purged a BUNCH of demons. Giving that up would be tough ... and then you would rather toss TWO MORE losses in the season? To whom, pray tell?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it will happen, but to answer your question...

Dec 9, 2013, 1:58 PM

anyone in the FBS who isn't Georgia Tech. I want to beat UGA too. So I would take losing to FSU, BC, Wake and... Louisville before I would want to lose to UGA and SCAR and go 10-2.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next year will test all of their coaching ability

Dec 8, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Next year will test all of their coaching ability ]

That would be a very safe bet...

Maybe this will clue you in

Dec 8, 2013, 6:21 PM

Dabo just loves any kind of silly record he can come up with to toot his own horn...the stats he comes up with are in many cases silly but he is anxious to own them...Well... He needs to own these....He set an all time ..ever in the history of College football record for most points given up in the Orange Bowl....He set the all time ever ...in the history of Clemson Football single worst beatdown at home in beloved Death Valley ... He tied the record last year but managed to achieve another never accomplished by anyone ever in the history of Clemson football by losing to USuC for the 5th year in a row ...
He's better than we had but not who we need ...maybe He will get better ..He's not going anywhere anytime soon ..that's for sure

that's because you don't understand the game

Dec 8, 2013, 6:34 PM

nm

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic