Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence shows the heart of a champion on tackle after interception
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence shows the heart of a champion on tackle after interception

Aug 30, 2019, 8:01 AM

Trevor Lawrence shows the heart of a champion on tackle after interception

Trevor Lawrence has made a bevy of big plays during his short Clemson career, but the play that impressed his teammates and coaches Thursday night wasn’t a long pass, a touchdown, or a run. It was a tackle. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence shows the heart of a champion on tackle after interception

Aug 30, 2019, 8:21 AM

I like what Richt said about the play. He said after an interception the QB turns green and becomes the Incredible Hulk.

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence shows the heart of a champion on tackle after interception

Aug 31, 2019, 11:31 AM

??????????

I've never doubted Trevor has the heart of a champion but...

Aug 30, 2019, 8:26 AM

I can't help but think back to when Christian Ponder decided it was a good idea to try and "man-up" after throwing and interception to DeAndre McDaniel in 2009. That didn't turn out so well for Ponder resulting in him missing the rest of the season with a separated shoulder. Not sure I'd encourage Trevor to do this again in a game where we are already ahead by 3 touchdowns and the writing is on the wall that we are going to crush the opponent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfI6UZ8pwP0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never doubted Trevor has the heart of a champion but...

Aug 30, 2019, 8:41 AM

The heart that TL showed make the guys around him better after seeing what he's willing to do to help his team when he make a mistake that could have cost the team, but his actions gave the team a chance to defeat that INT. It could have had 100 different outcomes, but it didn't, and I loved seeing how he responded, and rest assured that his teammate did also!!!

Hey, didn't Trevor look like the fastest guy on the team while chasing Swilling down and stopping him from getting what could have been an easy pick 6, Trevor's heart said not on my field, and not with my ball!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never doubted Trevor has the heart of a champion but...

Aug 30, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I've never doubted Trevor has the heart of a champion but... ]

I can't help but think back to when Christian Ponder decided it was a good idea to try and "man-up" after throwing and interception to DeAndre McDaniel in 2009. That didn't turn out so well for Ponder resulting in him missing the rest of the season with a separated shoulder. Not sure I'd encourage Trevor to do this again in a game where we are already ahead by 3 touchdowns and the writing is on the wall that we are going to crush the opponent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfI6UZ8pwP0

Totally different angle and TL had a better chance at delivering more of the blow. Ponder had McDaniel coming right at him and McDaniel was able to lay the hit on him. TL still could have hurt his shoulder or something, but I like that angle and play by TL. It's football.

Aug 30, 2019, 8:33 AM

Some didn't care to much about what I had to say about the play but I thought that it was good for the team to see TL stop the guy from getting a TD from a mistake that he made, and his team mates loved seeing him make that play more than they hated seeing him make that mistake, and the thought of that play will stay with the team for the rest of the season. Mr Hollywood can play tough FB, and I still think that was an INT that was good for the team as whole to see how TL responded, they saw their QB stop a pick 6 TD from a pass that he threw, and the awesome hussle he displayed to get there before Swilling scored, and bc he did stop the TD, the D responded by shutting them out from the 2 yard line. I stick by my statement, the INT was worth seeing how TL responded, and it was awesome IMO!!!

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/It-was-worth-the-INT-to-see-TL-stop-that-pick-6-25861877

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! Most people would say "Why bother, they are

Aug 30, 2019, 9:13 AM

just going to score anyway." WRONG! That sequence, with the defense forcing their own turnover to deny Tech ANY points out of that possession was a HUGE momentum shift in the game. I think you saw that defensive group start to grow up right in front of your eyes right there. Great job!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly! Most people would say "Why bother, they are

Aug 30, 2019, 11:14 AM

Absolutely, and all that growing come from a TL mistake that he himself helped to control the damage from that mistake, and now there is no doubt from anybody on the the team that TL is All In as in Team #1!!!

Can't stand to EVER see him make contact with anybody.

Aug 30, 2019, 10:56 AM

But that play certainly did a lot to cement his team's respect for their captain.

Re: Can't stand to EVER see him make contact with anybody.

Aug 30, 2019, 1:00 PM

BB, do you remember the play DW4 and Jordan Leggett made vs NC St to stop the fumble return that would have gone for a TD? The defense then held, the Pack kicker missed the FGA (along with the very critical one later) and we eventually won the game in OT, and we remained unbeaten until we lost to Pitt. So that play was critical in our championship run.

The most incredible element of the play was that Deshaun didn't sacrifice his body to make the tackle: he threw his body under the legs of two blockers so that Jordan Leggett, who was trailing him, could make the tackle! He couldn't see Leggett-- he just trusted him to be there, because that's what they expected of each other.

That's what these young men are doing with each other. They are establishing that old school level of trust and All-in commitment. You won't see them lolly-gagging in the 4th quarter because they're losing. There will be no prima donnas. Chase Brice can lead this team to a title far better than good old Nick Schuessler could.

Aug 31, 2019, 1:47 PM

He made a mistake, but it was how he responded to that adversity, that showed his character. I am impressed with how he did not shy away from his mistakes and just not acknowledge them, he owned them. That shows the character of this young man. So proud of him. I hope his year will go well. Of course everyone can refer back to the great game the Tigers had against Bama and learn a lot about our offense. They are going to prepare accordingly. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic