Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins talks #1 rated recruit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins talks #1 rated recruit

Mar 15, 2012, 6:33 PM

Sammy Watkins talks #1 rated recruit

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here comes the facebook stalking and twitter followering***

Mar 15, 2012, 6:56 PM

Re: here comes the facebook stalking and twitter followering***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:00 PM

Following isn't stalking. But I do follow him and he retweets a lot of stuff fans say about "come here!" Mostly Clemson, Ole Mis, and Alabama stuff not that that means anything.

When Sammy talks, you listen!***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:05 PM [ in reply to here comes the facebook stalking and twitter followering*** ]

Re: When Sammy talks, you listen!***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:10 PM

You don't just listen, you stop whatever you're doing, pull up a chair, and take notes.

Re: When Sammy talks, you listen!***

Mar 16, 2012, 4:30 AM

Stay Thirsty.. My Tiger Friends...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fb and twitter following are two different things***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:15 PM [ in reply to here comes the facebook stalking and twitter followering*** ]

Re: fb and twitter following are two different things***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:45 PM

Facebook friends is stalking I agree, but I could follow his twitter page just like I could follow C.J. Spiller's or some singer or actor, doesn't make someone a stalker. If anyone goes searching for his facebook you're on a whole new level of creepy.

Re: here comes the facebook stalking and twitter followering***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:44 PM [ in reply to here comes the facebook stalking and twitter followering*** ]

Yeah...on Twitter, that's what you do is follow people.

I don't understand why, just because people haven't caught on to a new medium, they want to shun it.

Were you against the televisions when it came out, too?

Are players supposed to make those kinds of statements?

Mar 16, 2012, 6:28 AM

Not trying to start anything here but since the coaches cant comment on who is being recruited does that also apply to current players? If not seems some coaches would use this "loop-hole" to gain a an advantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are players supposed to make those kinds of statements?

Mar 16, 2012, 7:16 AM

Good point...I'd like to know about this also. Having asked that, maybe what Sammy is referring to is what goes on at other schools (like Florida State namely) when a highly sought-after recruit comes to campus. It seems there are banners and such all over campus with their name on it. Sometimes even pep ralleys are organized to show "student body love". I realize it might be a logistic nightmare and cause some alienation of those not as sought-after, but so many top programs do it and produce recruiting results without any NCAA sanctions....just some tounge-in-cheek media fodder. Couldn't be any worse than our Chik-Fil-A debacle. Besides, I'll bet Sammy has a "reason" for saying this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2012, 8:55 AM

I thought a couple weeks ago the ND TE tweeted about a TE recruit visiting and it was considered a violation. Not trying to start anything

Mar 17, 2012, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Are players supposed to make those kinds of statements? ]

When a grown man is following and latching on to everything that kids are doing. ITS STALKING!!! Let these kids do the Kids thing without following them in everything they do or say... After all, they are just being kids. Saying one thing today and another tomorrow....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that considered a minor infraction by the NCAA?

Mar 16, 2012, 9:18 AM

Just saw where the Merideth kid from Hanna who is now at Tennessee did the same type thing about Boulware and the Anderson paper said it could be considered a secondary violation.
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2012/mar/15/tweet-by-freshman-te-justin-meredith-may-produce/

Cant see how that

Mar 16, 2012, 9:37 AM

could be a violoation....if so then the person who released the article shouldve known better

Re: Cant see how that

Mar 16, 2012, 9:39 AM

opps didnt see it was from his twitter

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic