Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Your turn, City Billiards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 427

Your turn, City Billiards

Feb 14, 2019, 12:45 PM

I guess they didn't want the Aiken Brewpub to have ALL of the fun. Meanwhile, Aiken Brewpub owner is probably all

https://www.aikenstandard.com/news/dhec-declares-hepatitis-a-outbreak-after-possible-exposure-at-second/article_01c04eec-2fed-11e9-a80d-6ffefff78d3f.html

For the second time in as many weeks, DHEC is warning of the possible exposure to the hepatitis A virus at an Aiken restaurant.

On Tuesday, DHEC was notified that an employee at City Billiards tested positive for hepatitis A. Customers who ate at the restaurant between Jan. 22 and Feb. 5 may have been exposed to the virus.

This warning comes a week after DHEC warned of potential exposure to the virus at Aiken Brewing Company. DHEC said it is not aware of a known connection between the two cases.

DHEC has declared a hepatitis A outbreak in Aiken County following the most recent positive test.

There have been 10 hepatitis A cases diagnosed in Aiken County since Dec. 1, according to the news release.

"It is important to note that these cases are not a food-related outbreak. In this case, as well as the case reported on February 4, 2019, DHEC State Epidemiologist Dr. Linda Bell said in the release, “The risk of the hepatitis A virus spreading from an infected employee to customers in a restaurant setting is low. The concern is with a food handler with hepatitis A infection, not the restaurant.”

DHEC will offer free hepatitis A vaccines to individuals who may have been exposed as a precaution.

The vaccine is not shown to prevent infection when administered more than 14 days after a specific exposure. However, vaccination more than 14 days after exposure will give long-lasting protection from infection from future exposures, according to the release.

As of today, customers and staff who ate at the restaurant between Jan. 22 and Jan. 30 are not likely to benefit from post-exposure vaccination. Anyone who ate at the restaurant between these dates should be aware of the symptoms of infection. Testing for hepatitis A is not recommended unless individuals develop symptoms. It is important to seek medical care if symptoms develop.

Customers and staff who ate food prepared at the restaurant from Jan. 31 to Feb. 5 are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider, or come to the Aiken County Health Department located at 222 Beaufort St. N.E. for post-exposure treatment on the following date and times:

• Thursday, Feb. 14, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

• Friday, Feb. 15, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

• Saturday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Arri's Grill FTW.***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP

Feb 14, 2019, 12:52 PM

Place was great. Used to ride our bikes up there as kids and eat lunch, and they would just put it on my mom's tab. Good times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, forgot

Feb 14, 2019, 12:53 PM

flow0440

dang...those were the days....

Feb 14, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to RIP ]

and those "burnt fries"!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that the place in Mitchell shopping center?

Feb 14, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Arri's Grill FTW.*** ]

Great burger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was. Has been closed for a good while.***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:53 PM

Facebook says dey open.***

Feb 14, 2019, 1:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish. I can promise you dey closed.***

Feb 14, 2019, 1:53 PM

I just assume everybody in Aiken has a disease***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Nah, just everybody in the FandB industry evidently***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:57 PM

Hasn't led me wrong so far***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got my vaccination after the Brewpub incident

Feb 14, 2019, 12:58 PM

Now I can eat all the poop that I want

I'm sure Betsy's is happy***

Feb 14, 2019, 1:00 PM

I have no idea how she is going to keep the new place open

Feb 14, 2019, 1:29 PM

with all the money she had to put into it. It's good tho.

Have you been tested?

Feb 14, 2019, 1:32 PM

Seems like with 10 cases and only 300 people in Aiken there is a pretty good chance u got it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got my vaccine so s/b good to go***

Feb 14, 2019, 1:42 PM

Speaking of Aiken eatin' places, you been to 1) that new

Feb 14, 2019, 1:44 PM

diner or 2) that Argentine joint that's where the Greek Pizza joint was for a while?

BigDaddy®

Yes and yes

Feb 14, 2019, 1:54 PM

The diner is great. The steak place is alright. Only been once. Super tender piece of meat. Bad location tho. Not sure how they will fare.

"super tender piece of meat"?

Feb 14, 2019, 2:09 PM

Olive Oils best restaurant ever in Aiken. Yet dat

Feb 14, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Speaking of Aiken eatin' places, you been to 1) that new ]

Bruce was a dlck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CSRA Battle of the Now-Defunct Restaurants. I'll open with

Feb 14, 2019, 2:21 PM

Crosby's Barbeque, New Ellenton.

Crosby's was good, we usually went to Carolina

Feb 14, 2019, 2:30 PM

RIP all the one's already mentioned. I'll throw in Pizza House as well.

Where was Pizza House? Here's another: The Town Tavern.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:44 PM

Over in Disgusta.

Where the golfers used to eat. And drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxF708Q2UI

Pizza House was in the shopping center off Richland

Feb 14, 2019, 2:51 PM

that had the Belk's and Roses in it, but was way up in the upper right corner.

Never went to Town Tavern. We rarely went to Augusta to eat, except for Red Lobster, lol.

Oh sure. Had video games in early 80s?

Feb 14, 2019, 3:29 PM

I know dat place.

Also, across the way from there was another pizza joint. Only went once or twice but it was purdy good.

Also also, Sub Station II.

RIP.

Can't remember the name of the other pizza place

Feb 14, 2019, 3:52 PM

SS II is still around, same owner, same food. She just dropped the franchise.

We ate at Apizza Di Napoli when I was there

Feb 14, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Pizza House was in the shopping center off Richland ]

a couple weeks ago. It was good. We had a large group and just ordered a bunch of different pizzas and drank beer. Most of the pizza was good. Some was too fancy for my taste. The Germans loved it so that's all that mattered.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Food is good, but the owner is a whack job

Feb 14, 2019, 3:52 PM

Odd fella

Old Skool.***

Feb 14, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Where was Pizza House? Here's another: The Town Tavern. ]

Olive Oils was great.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Olive Oils best restaurant ever in Aiken. Yet dat ]

Don't know Bruce, I only know Janny. Eejays was great too.

Bruce was Janny’s partner.***

Feb 14, 2019, 3:04 PM

null

Message was edited by: josephg®

Yup, and I think there was another guy as well?

Feb 14, 2019, 3:07 PM

Didn't know him either.

Replies: 32
| visibility 427
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic