Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't remember the last time Tiger fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Can't remember the last time Tiger fans...

Nov 23, 2014, 3:58 PM

...were so down on this team beating SC. Even the past few years, it seems like we were super confident going into those games but just couldn't get it done. From what I've seen this year, virtually no fans think we have a shot against them even in the Valley. You'd probably have to go back to some of those mid 90's teams to see confidence that low.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reverse psychology?

Nov 23, 2014, 3:59 PM

;)

Well . . . I'd say we have good reason . . .

Nov 23, 2014, 4:06 PM

You're right about Clemson fans as a group lately - we've been confident the last couple or three years vs. SC. I haven't been. The last time I was confident about a game vs. SC was the 09 game, the first year of the streak. In 2013 I had some cautious, limited, marginal optimism, but every other year I was convinced we'd lose. This year I have cautious optimism with Watson, NONE without.

I think as a fan base, we are simply behind the curve on recognizing reality vs. SC. The were a better team, fundamentally, from top to bottom, in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. They also more often than not play a tougher schedule (though not AS MUCH tougher as they'd like us to think), which means the similar records over the last few years don't always reflect as much parity as we might think. I guess we've gotten it taken to us so many years in a row that we're getting disabused of our false assessments. Add to that that our offense really does suck donkey balls, and you get pessimism en masse.

yawn***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't felt this good about beating them in a while.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:09 PM

Even last year I was nervous, just with it being at Willy B.

The last time I thought we'd really beat them was probably 2012. They had a good defense that year though, and ours had not yet developed.

I think it hinges on how well our defense........

Nov 23, 2014, 4:43 PM

plays - if they play to their true potential then it won't require our offense to be high-scoring, even with Stoudt as the QB. If Watson plays then we should take them for sure IMO.

Re: I think it hinges on how well our defense........

Nov 23, 2014, 4:55 PM

I have no faith in Dabos decision to start Cole Stoudt . Dabo knows he can't win the game if he starts Stoudt. Idiot!

You Have A Short Memory

Nov 23, 2014, 4:50 PM

that's been a constant for the most recent past.

We're tired...just dog tired...we've been water...

Nov 11, 2012, 10:41 AM

...boarded from kickoff to 0:00 in the 4th quarter for the last 5 years.

Even with a win, for me, it will only be what the chickens have been deserving for quite a while. This is just about taking care of business to shut the cluckers up. It will take 5 consecutive wins over the chickens to put out a torturing flame that has been burning away a legacy of dominance.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

silly. those idiots won't shut up even if we beat them 10 times in a row***

Nov 23, 2014, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Can't remember the last time Tiger fans...

Nov 23, 2014, 4:53 PM

This is what happens when you lose 5 in a row to your rival.

cole may be starting..

Nov 23, 2014, 6:55 PM

hate the coots or not as great as our defense is.they will score some points.with cole out there we wont score many

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic