Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't believe all this negativity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Can't believe all this negativity

Sep 4, 2016, 8:57 AM

Bottom line, this was the first game of the season in a very hostile environment against a talented defense. It says a lot about where we are as a program that we can play well below our potential and still win the first game of the season on the road in that environment. I am very pleasantly surprised at the play of the defense. The offense struggled but there were flashes of brilliance. It will only get better from here. Stop whining and enjoy the ride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't believe all this negativity

Sep 4, 2016, 9:03 AM

I think I'm somewhere in the middle. There was a lot to be disappointed in the game last night. Man, it was hard to watch at times. And I agree TE's and special teams should have been much better. But as you say, it was the first game. This is why everyone used to schedule a cupcake to open the season. You can't truly find out what is missing / what needs fixing until you play a game. I think when we roll into Atlanta in a few weeks, we should be firing on all cylinders.

Sep 4, 2016, 9:39 AM

Flame away, but how does Danny Pearman still have a job? Special teams coordinator, te coach. Known issues @ st and a crap showing of te play. St's still suck to the point where Dabo goes for it on 4th because he doesn't trust st. Something's gotta give

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 9:59 AM

Sub-par recruiter

Sep 4, 2016, 10:02 AM

Lol. Forgot about that one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Can't believe all this negativity ]

the ones whining like little girls are not true Clemson fans

Very true...

Sep 4, 2016, 9:06 AM

I was hoping for a little better start to the offense, but was really surprised by the defense. The good news is, I think if something has to improve quickly, I want it to be the offense!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 9:06 AM

Sound like a coot program. You don't just let these go by; we did that the for past few years and came to bite us in the ###. You want to just accept mediocrity; that's what you'll get in the long run. Special teams being straight garbage being an issue still is seriously insane. Clock management and play calling under pressure is a freaking joke. Offensively play calling was seriously of the chad Morris tajh Boyd days as if we don't have an entire field of weapons. Leggett looked a complete idiot out there; couldn't block or run a route to save his life. Dw4 def lost a few votes for heisman last night; lets hope cook doesn't have a breakout night we all know people decide heisman votes early on.
Let's hope it was over confidence, pressure, first game jitters

Accept mediocrity???

Sep 4, 2016, 9:54 AM

We played in the freaking national championship game last year. Give me a break. Our future is so bright I need shades.

Re: Accept mediocrity???

Sep 4, 2016, 9:56 AM

Wanna go back? Might want to fix what lost that one.

Re: Accept mediocrity???

Sep 4, 2016, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Accept mediocrity??? ]

Mediocrity as in reference to the game last night.... Not last season, touchy much? Put the coffee down

Doesn't explain dropped balls and poor play calling.

Sep 4, 2016, 9:07 AM

Fluff it up all you want.

There's something in these hills.

These coaches make a lot of money. Nothing wrong

Sep 4, 2016, 9:17 AM

in questioning them and holding them to the fire. Get the special teams fixed!!!!

Don't Mistake "Observations" for Negativity!

Sep 4, 2016, 9:17 AM

Part of the fun and experience of being a fan is the opportunity to reflect and make observations on the games we watch...

Some of us may not have the "Golden Oratory" and tend to speak with our emotions...some of the best and worst comments come from the experience.

I am delighted Clemson beat a historically strong SEC team in their home for the first time since 1950...Fantastic!

But to think everything was unicorns and rainbows is a little naive as well...We have some work today with play calling and execution. That is not negative..that is an observation, and a correct one

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Auburn has a talented front 3 DL. Beyond that, they got nada

Sep 4, 2016, 9:22 AM

For God's sake, they are coached by Kevin Steele, one of the more inept D coaches out there.

Nada? Go look at their recruiting rankings last 5 years!!***

Sep 4, 2016, 9:23 AM

Mark it down now. Auburn wins 6 or less this year.

Sep 4, 2016, 9:30 AM

The only guys that are playing up to their hype are the DL

Clemson has great history of winning at Auburn. Many learnin

Sep 4, 2016, 9:23 AM

opportunities from that film. Take the win and good wake up call for the team knowing that they will get everybody's best shot. Auburn threw the kitchen sink at them. Lot of mistakes but still won.

Sep 4, 2016, 9:56 AM

You ever been here after a loss ?

This negativity level is subdued ... almost non-existent if you know what it's like after a loss .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic