Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Itoro Coleman Named Assistant Coach At Penn State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

May 10, 2007, 12:02 PM

The former Lady Tiger standout leaves Clemson after four seasons on the sidelines. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Itoro Coleman Named Assistant Coach At Penn State

May 10, 2007, 2:33 PM

If our current coach does not work out, Itoro is my leading candidate for next Head Coach. Despite her lack of experience, I was hoping she would be named head coach when Jim Davis was let go. But now she is gaining the experience that would make her a leading candidate. We will definitely miss her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you see Clemson hiring someone w/ no head coaching

May 10, 2007, 2:35 PM

experience?

Can't be worse than what we have now...Bring back Jim Davis****

May 10, 2007, 2:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say it would be better or worse.

May 10, 2007, 2:44 PM

Clemson isn't hiring someone w/ no head coaching experience.

Think about this........

May 10, 2007, 2:51 PM

Penn state just hired someone with no head coaching experience and they went to a final four in 2000. Is Clemson above hiring one of their own with no head coaching experience? If they are then they will continue to struggle. I'm not saying who they should hire but if that is the reason they don't then they are stupid. Someone as accomplished as her, as well respected and who obviously loves clemson should not be turned down for that reason. Just my opinion.

She's been an Associate head coach at ND.***

May 10, 2007, 2:54 PM

Re: She's been an Associate head coach at ND.***

May 10, 2007, 2:59 PM

I know that but you are not serious are you? Assoc head coach is FAR from being a head coach. don't get it twisted. And she has not been the assoc head coach that long. That in no way equals to even one year as a head coach. Trust me on that.

Obviously assoc. head coach is just a title.

May 10, 2007, 3:07 PM

My whole point was that I don't see Clemson hiring Coleman w/o any Head Coaching experience.

And my whole point is

May 10, 2007, 3:13 PM

if a school at a higher level than Clemson or even equal would, why wouldn't clemson especially if one of their own. You are the one that mentioned Assoc head coach as if it mattered. u r right, it is just a title. By the way Univ of Washington just hired someone with no coaching experience. I guesss clemson is just to big for that. One thing is for sure. we will see won't we.

Just don't hear about it to often...

May 10, 2007, 3:20 PM

Universities hiring coaches w/ no head coaching experience.

Yes, matter of fact, I do

May 10, 2007, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Do you see Clemson hiring someone w/ no head coaching ]

#1- You made a comment below that you don't often see Universities hiring people with no Head Coaching experience. Someone obviously has to somewhere or there would never be any new head coaches. Hiring Itoro after she gets this experience would be the rough equivalent of hiring a defensive coordinator off of a football program that went to a major bowl recently.

#2- Larry Penley - I may be wrong, but I don't believe he had head coaching experience when he took over the golf program. And it's hard to argue against his hire. I think Itoro could be one of the more successful players-turned-coaches just like Penley was.

#3- Chuck Kriese - Not only did he not have head coaching experience when he started, he had very little experience coaching at any level. And he is now essentially a coaching legend in Tennis.

#4- Todd Bramble - Yes he had one year of head coaching experience at a men's program, but he had little to no experience with women's programs even as an assistant. The University has shown it can think a little outside of the box with his hire. Yes I have been critical of Bramble before as he is one of my least favorite Clemson coaches, but he is a recent example of Clemson hiring someone with essentially no head coaching experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2007, 3:29 PM

Head coaching experience amounts to nothing if you don't know how to recruit. Coleman has established herself as a proven recruiter as she will be the recruiting coordinator on Penn State's staff.

May 10, 2007, 10:55 PM

How many people even know she was at Clemson?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic