»
Topic: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!
Replies: 80   Last Post: Jan 7, 2016 6:32 AM by: Rocky the Tiger®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 80  

Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[9]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:54 PM
 

So, I was set and all ready to go.

I had 3 friends ready to go. On the way to work I called my sister and told her I would not be able to watch my father (with dementia) this weekend because I was going to the game - she was thrilled.

My nephew heard and said that would be a dream come true, so his mother said he could go - except, they have exams starting Monday. So, my nephew asked every one of his teachers and his 10th grade principle for permission to take the exam early or late.
I got to work only to have the other 3 guys bail out on me on the day I was going to order the package.

So it was going to be a nice time with my nephew and me. I have waited all day to get final confirmation. This morning my sister said to go ahead and order the package for the 2 of us, I decided I would wait - JUST IN CASE!!!

So, my nephew got the blessing of his 10th grade principal and all his teachers - except his last one which said this was no excuse to miss or reschedule the exam and he would receive a ZERO. This is a class he is making an A in as well.

I AM LIVID!!! A once in a lifetime chance and here I am now going to have to cancel the entire package. I am posting this here because I am going to forward his teacher this thread to read any responses.

Also my sister is going to talk to the principal and hopefully the teacher to.

I don't mind watching the game on TV, but I REALLY REALLY want to be a part of this and now, because of 1 person (probably a Carolina fan) she has ruined a life remembering event over a freaking ### test that can't be scheduled a couple days early or late for a very special family, regional and national occasion.

Thanks for reading,
One Pissed Tiger


I can't go because

[12]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:55 PM
 

I don't have eleventy billion dollars at my disposal.


Re: I can't go because

[2]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:57 PM
 

Just take out some Med School loans and then the trip would just be a drop in the bucket. That's how we're rationalizing it!


Re: I can't go because


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:57 PM
 

^^
Hang in there...I know it's expensive, but prices are dropping! :)


Re: I can't go because


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:59 PM
 

And Clemson fans are thankful you don't. Coot.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Will you wearing your BamaCock tee shirt?


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:59 PM
 

This is an important question.

2019 student level member

Stop exaggerating. It is barely fivety billion dollars.***


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:30 PM
 




I will lend you eleventy billion dollars.


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:56 PM
 

At eleventy billion percent interest. You know, just to keep the math clean and simple.


Re: I can't go because


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:33 PM
 

Ticket prices are in free fall. Bet they will be less than $100 at game time.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

that and you're a coot***

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:10 PM
 




Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:58 PM
 

Good luck, but I would be going without said nephew. He may be living when we get back to the Natty. Not so sure about the rest of us.

2019 orange level member

WL


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:58 PM
 

sorry dude ... no sympathy here. Education always trumps athletics.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[9]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:03 PM
 

Are you an idiot? This isn't a matter of the kid not receiving an education and living in the slums of Rwanda or becoming a doctor, it's one test. I think you are just jealous


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:15 PM
 

What a ####### response. The kid isn't asking to not take the test, just take it early.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 8:08 PM
 

You won't find many sane people who disagree with you that education trumps athletics. This is a potential once in a lifetime chance (hopefully not). The kid is still getting an education and will take the test. I don't think it's an unreasonable request of the teacher given the situation.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 11:51 PM
 

Not going to TD you on this but I disagree. This isn't simply about sports, it is about a (potentially) once in a lifetime experience that has a concrete timeframe within which you must work.

2019 student level member

Maybe this "athletic" trip inspires this young person to


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 6:32 AM
 

decide to do amazing things with their life, inspires them to strive for greatness. 1000 different things it could do ....

What's this ONE test administered by a short-sighted educant going to do ????

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:58 PM
 

I'm at teacher. I would let him take it early. But I may be slightly biased to your plight.

2019 white level member


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:03 PM
 

My wife's leave got declined. She works at a Catholic school where my one of my kids goes. They actually had the nerve to tell her, "we just don't think you use your leave wisely". How pissed am I that it's their bidness how she used it, she asked for unpaid. Anyways were comin.

2019 white level member

Why not just call in sick like a normal American?***

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:52 PM
 




Seriously. I've already called in sick for Mon and Tues!***


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:47 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[4]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 2:59 PM
 

This test won't be remembered for the rest of the boys life, the game will. Take the zero and appeal it to the school board. Teacher will look like the ### she is.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:00 PM
 

school board doesn't care about one teacher's exams. If the principle gave the blessing then it should be fine (ask the principle to talk to the teacher) unless he/she specifically said he could do it only if all of the teachers said they would.

2019 white level member


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:18 PM
 

I absolutely would go to the principal. That was the only one I cleared it with and then made arrangements with teachers

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:18 PM
 

I absolutely would go to the principal. That was the only one I cleared it with and then made arrangements with teachers

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:18 PM
 

I absolutely would go to the principal. That was the only one I cleared it with and then made arrangements with teachers

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger


WE HEARD YOU ALREADY!!!***


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:38 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:33 PM
 

> school board doesn't care about one teacher's exams.
> If the principle gave the blessing then it should be
> fine (ask the principle to talk to the teacher)
> unless he/she specifically said he could do it only
> if all of the teachers said they would.

That'd be "princiPAL," because the principal is your pal, teacher.



Anyway, I don't think the uncle angle will work, but try calling again, mentioning "early" again (late should be a definite naw), and if it's still naw, ask why. It could be because they'd then have to accommodate a whole bunch of other plans, but for some reason I doubt "early" would be the request of belated holiday visits to Dollywood, etc., and maybe they didn't focus on "take the exam early" the first time. If they did, well, reckon naw is naw.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:01 PM
 

Agreed. The school board will over-rule here.


OR just get his doctor to write a note that he's sick. Or a doctor friend. They can do nothing.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:08 PM
 

This. But leverage it even more. Take the zero, attend the game, and then he can write his college essay on how "life is just a series of experiences...." and how he chose to experience a once in a lifetime moment rather than bump up a number which may or may accurately reflect who he really is, etc. He'll get a trip, a memory, and an essay out of it all at once!

Oh, and the teacher sounds like a jerk to me. Must be a Coot.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2019 white level member

teacher must be a coot***

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:00 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg


Sounds like that teacher

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:03 PM
 

has a bad case of inferiority complex. To think that their 10th grade exam is more important than an experience of a lifetime is beyond delusional. I'd talk to the principal and go from there. And if that doesn't work there are a lot of bad illnesses going around that last around 3-4 days. Nasty stuff. Good luck. Hopefully this teacher will put things in perspective.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:04 PM
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f9SdiLL4o0


Please powst the teacher's email address

[3]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:05 PM
 

We'll take care of the rest.
hth.


If the Principal Ok'ed it, the teacher has no say....

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:05 PM
 

in the matter and no choice but to give the exam early or late. It's really just that simple.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.


PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING

[14]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:05 PM
 

If you take a University visit on your trip it has to be excused by all teachers. Arizona State University is probably the best option to visit. As long as you collect the documentation from ASU then the teacher will have no option but to work with him. He will be allowed 3 days of excused absence for travel as long as he has only officially visited 3 universities and used the excused absences. Looking forward to seeing you in Glendale. Go Tigers! Stay Scheming!


Message was edited by: Tmatthk®


Message was edited by: Tmatthk®


2019 student level member

or Grand Canyon University***

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:10 PM
 




Re: or Grand Canyon University***


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:35 PM
 

LOL. I'm visiting tha tone right now online haha.

Could you do that?

"I'm doing my college visit. . .to DeVry!" LOL


Re: or Grand Canyon University***


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 12:20 AM
 

Don't forget University of Phoenix


Does University of Phoenix have an actual campus?


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:54 PM
 

I've heard it's become more selective than USuCk.


We need to improve your pulse just on this post. That was

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:34 PM
 

awesome


The world sucks and isn't fair.

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:08 PM
 

Better for nephew to learn it now than later.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg


thats what i was thinking..it may suck..


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:15 PM
 

but later in life there are going to be many times when things dont go the way he wants..might as well get used to it now


So, I CALLED THE SCHOOL!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:25 PM
 

BTW - thanks for all the replies. I agree with 99% of the responses, even about learning that life isn't fair - it's not.

I talked to a school administrator and told her the entire story, and that I was CRUSHED. She confirmed that the principal had okay'd it and told him to work it out with all his teachers. She talked with the principal while I was on hold, and he said to have him come back to discuss and he would see what he could do about the issue.

Tmatthk - I LOVE your thinking. Matter of fact it's what I did for my honeymoon years ago, made it a "sales trip" and wrote the entire thing off on taxes.

We'll see. Initially the package was going to cost me $2,200 each (including air fair). I have watched Southeast airlines sell out, and prices jump $200 to $400 for other carries - since this morning

Last I checked the package was now going to cost me $3,700 each - just too much for lowly graphics whore. "Will design for food".

So - it could still work out.


Book the package for 2. Leave the kid at home to take his

[2]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:38 PM
 

test.

Take a hooker with you.

Profit.

You're welcome.

***All for slightly more than the original trip cost. Shoot, go on a "sales call" and write the whole thing off.

You're welcome again.


Re: Book the package for 2. Leave the kid at home to take his


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:58 PM
 

LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!


Get dat chit outta here,,,

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:42 PM
 

they don't school in SC.


Just go alone.***

[2]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:47 PM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Rookie mistake...Never ask for permission first

[2]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:50 PM
 

Should have just called from the road and said your kid was sick

Or you could have just banged the teacher to get her to change her mind


Having Put 2 Kids Through An Exceptional School District

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 3:53 PM
 

In North Texas, I would tell you this kind of inflexible mentality is fairly common. Teachers don't seem to find ways to integrate life lessons to their curriculum, they merely want to check the block, push their kids through and under perform to the level their union contract allows them to.

It is always fun to go visit the Counselor and Principal to professionally voice your concern, you would be surprised how far that gets you.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Just go it alone...


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:01 PM
 

I think I very well may.


This won't fly:

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:09 PM
 

The principal can and will override this one teacher. The teacher will lose the battle. I know because I teach at a school and this is the case here. What the principal says goes, and they are letting these kids and parents go to the game for obvious cultural "once in a lifetime" reasons, etc. So go back to the principal with this, make enough noise about it, and believe me, it will work out. And enjoy the trip!


As a principal I can tell you I would not support this


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:31 PM
 

I am very pro teacher and will usually support them to the utmost degree, however this is not the way a school should do business. Public schools are losing valuable "market share" to private and charter schools. There are some in education that need to realize that it is a "Customer Service" business just like 95% of all other positions. Either directly or indirectly. Bring artifacts such as something from a native american tribe or rock formations etc... This should excuse the days due to the fact that is of an educational scope. If all else fails, just go to a doc in a box and get them to write a note. Good luck. I view this trip the same as I view insurance at first you how can I afford it.. and then you say How can I not afford it?


What I want to know is why they're giving exams


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:36 PM
 

after Christmas break? That doesn't make any sense at all.

2019 student level member

Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:38 PM
 

Hey, I can take the place of your nephew. I've already taken my exams this semester ;)

2019 student level member


This is too easy

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:39 PM
 

Take your nephew.
If the teacher gives the nephew a zero on the test, take it to the media. Headlines will read, "Teacher lowers student's grade because he went to the National Championship Game in support of Clemson."
The principal WILL NOT want the media attention at his school and will force the teacher to do something.
Works every time.

military_donation.jpg

This is waaaay too easy:

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 4:46 PM
 

go by yourself.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg


Who in the #### are the 3 fools that bailed?


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:41 PM
 

I would flip on them especially if it was some weak BS involving drama, etc.. or an insecure wife or GF. My Pop used to say, "there are two types of people in the world, those who find a way TO do something and those who find a way NOT to do something. Surround yourself with the former and fire the latter, PERIOD".

military_donation.jpg

Re: Who in the #### are the 3 fools that bailed?


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 6:39 PM
 

I agree - they are friends but all with lame excuses,except for one that just flat out said he could not afford it.

Which is my position now. With the 4, or even the 2 of us, the price was doable. Barley with just 2. But by myself, plane, hotel, ticket, rental car, tailgate - it totals just over $5,000.

So - I would rather spend that money and take my wife somewhere. If we both went to the game, that price essentially doubles, where as with friends they pitch in and it's not coming 100% out of my account.

The good thing is I have a 120" cinema screen and cinema with 7.0 surround sound purchased specifically for football (and movies). So the loss won't be too bad. I can have my lame friends over and spend $100 on wings and nachos.

It was a nice thing to anticipate before it all crumbled to $hlt, but I'll survive and with all the 4 and 5 star recruits, I don't think it will be too long before I have another chance to go.

ROLL TIGERS!


If you stay home, I would NOT invite the 3 that


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 6:58 PM
 

#### on your once in a lifetime dream!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2019 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!


Got it....but those three would be off my hang out list


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:05 PM
 

Permanently......its been my experience that bailers will let you down in other ways. The $$$ is one thing but guys who say they are down with you and then bail usually knew the whole time they couldnt afford it. They were just talking loud and saying nothing. Ive been there.....you will hear me yelling for the Tigers through my TV in San Jose, CA brother. Spot the ball.....

military_donation.jpg

Say he's sick

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:43 PM
 

Have his mom write a note. If the teacher questions you ask her to prove he wasn't sick.

military_donation.jpg

This is nothing that a well timed bomb threat won't solve.


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:44 PM
 

Ain't you been watching the news lately?


Serious response...


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:53 PM
 

This is a no-brainer. Go to the game and take a Zero on the test. That is not even a difficult decision. You are talking about (possibly) a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (hopefully not, but you don't know that for sure). It's one stupid test. He should go to the game and take the zero and work his rear off the rest of the year and end with a B or C in the class. I had lots of B's and C's. I'd gladly make that trade any day. You will both regret it for the rest of your life if you don't go. GO TO THE GAME !!!


Re: Serious response...

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:53 PM
 

I agree. A month ago, I received an email informing me that I'd been selected to interview for my dream job. Like, seriously my dream job - something I've dreamed about for half of my life. Around the first of December when I got the email, I was ecstatic and confirmed immediately; the date January 12, 2016 seemed like just another Monday. Then we won the ACC and this whole thing became a reality. We bought our tickets and the only flights we could find would take several days (wtf is up with that, btw?? I should be able to get to/from Phoenix with less than 3 layovers and 24 hours...)

Anyway, I had to write the HR department and explain that I was going to this game, and was there anyway I could reschedule. I told them I'd be home Tuesday evening and any other time would work. The next morning, I got an email asking if I could meet them Tuesday morning... I wrote them back explaining that no, I politely just said I won't be home until Tuesday night, but would move mountains to make any other date. The next email I received said "sorry, we have only set aside 2 days to hold interviews" and that basically, if I couldn't work with either of those dates, I was out of the pool.

So, I wrote them back and said thanks for their time, even being offered an interview for the position was a huge win for me. I would love it, but I couldn't miss this game. That job is nearly at the highest of my priorities, but this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. I can count on one hand the things I would miss this game for and sadly, the interview for my dream job is just slightly outside that list.

It is what it is. I can't even say I'm overly upset about it - if anything, I'm more frustrated with their inability to bend and I question what shade of garnet the HR manager's car is.


Re: Serious response...

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 8:09 PM
 

Well you have balls wiser time, not convinced yet on brains but really big hanging soccer size balls


Re: Serious response...

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 8:36 PM
 

Hey, I'll take it. I look at it like this: I've got a good job that I like, I make good money and it's close to home - I could have it worse. This is the first NC I've been able to attend, and regardless of if Clemson makes another one, I don't know if I'll be in a position to make it.

It's been 34 years since we did this - it'd be foolish to think this job hasn't come open more than once in that same time period.


Re: Serious response...


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 9:50 PM
 

Even if you got that job it might not be as dreamy as you think once you get into the position. Jobs always get talked up before interview then reality and peoples true colors set in. Don't worry yourself. Enjoy the game. go Tigers !!!


If he's in Greenville County Schools...


Posted: Jan 7, 2016 12:06 AM
 

...they aren't allowed to give out zeros for anything...a 61 is the lowest they will actually average in the score...whether you do the work or not, 61 is it.

This teacher has a serious broomstick up her behind to not be flexible here and you should let her know that. Essentially demand a make up test and complain vigorously to the administration...they will give in...trust me.

I say take the kid to the game with NO REGRETS. This is possibly once in a lifetime.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

could be a once in lifetime experience


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 5:58 PM
 

For both..I think if mom went to principal and teacher together they can work something out..but if the child happens to be "sick" that day then they would have to let them make it up anyways.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:16 PM
 

#### when my daughter was in high school I got an exemption for her to go on a cruise.. It was educational.. She was 17

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:55 PM
 

Should have just called out sick.....

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

School is but vehicle by which to learn.


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 8:01 PM
 

We've taken our daughter out of school for a month at at time (13yo) to travel through Utah, CO, NV, and Cali.
She learned tons and has already seen more than most Americans ever will.

We've done things like this every year, maube for just a week, maybe for 2 weeks.
We put together a plan to keep on top of her work.

Grades? All A's, 99th percentile on all state tests.. in essence, she rocks.
She will also be rocking Univ of Phx Stadium on Mon night; hope y'all are too.
Good luck!

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

null


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 8:03 PM
 

The teacher is robbing this young fella of a great experience and should be ashamed

2019 white level member

Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!

[1]
Posted: Jan 6, 2016 9:25 PM
 

Was a principal for 21 years and always believed common sense was most important virtue. As principal I did not like to get involved in situations unless it was totally necessary. In this situation it would be necessary. This is total bs,and the principal should rectify the poor decision of a jealous gamecock fan.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 10:13 PM
 

Tell the teacher to watch Season 1, Episode 3 of Boy Meets World.

"Father Knows Less"
When Alan lets Cory stay up late to watch a baseball game, a no-hitter, Cory falls asleep in class the next day at school, and fails a test — which Mr. Feeny refuses to let him make up.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28p685_boy-meets-world-1x03-father-knows-less_tv

military_donation.jpg

Lone Wolf it Bro


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 10:18 PM
 

I'm like a one man wolf pack.

As seconds were ticking off the clock of the OU game I just told the wife I'll be gone Sun-Tues of next week.

Bam. Go Tigers.


you should still go***


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 10:21 PM
 



2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 10:43 PM
 

Teacher is probably a coot.


Re: Can't Go to Natty Because of Nephew's Freaking Teacher!!!


Posted: Jan 6, 2016 11:46 PM
 

Go to the game, but visit the doc in a box in AZ complaining of cold/flu symptoms. Say he's been running a fever, but now the motrin he took an hour before has it down to normal (during the visit) Get note excusing him from school for until the fever subsides (say about Wednesday). With a doctor's note they cannot give him a 0. Most schools prohibit a child running a fever from attending.

If they ask how he got over the fever and was feeling so well so suddenly, tell them he just needed a little more cowbell....

Work the system, it's the American way.


By next fall - NOBODY will remember the test. FOR THE REST

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2016 6:26 AM
 

OF YOUR LIVES, you will both remember this coming Monday.

I was 14 at the time & I can tell you in VIVID detail about the night of January 1st, 1982 in the iconic Orange Bowl.

Not often you have the opportunity to KNOW you are making a lifetime memory for a youngster.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 80  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Season Tickets in Section S, Row FF, Seats 16 & 18. Asking $1100 per ticket. Shoot me an email wit...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
6382 people have read this post