Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can you believe the "Fanless" Miami Canes Stadium, but they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Can you believe the "Fanless" Miami Canes Stadium, but they

Nov 21, 2012, 10:18 AM

still put out pretty decent teams..and don't seem to worry about it. As the Univ of MD AD or President said this week, it's not the fans in the stands, BUT the eyes on the tube...as in MONEY...TV MONEY.

So Boys & Girls, every team has it's problems, Money problems that is..but at Clemson we sure as h*ll don't have a fan problem. PTL!

GoTiGERs...beat the #####!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you believe the "Fanless" Miami Canes Stadium, but they

Nov 21, 2012, 10:23 AM

how would the MD pres know when they generate neither fans nor ratings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I'm wondering myself...

Nov 21, 2012, 10:27 AM

...why is the B1G so interested in a market like DC, when very few people there give a rats #### for Maryland sports? Are that gambling that the conference shift will make people more interested in college sports in that area? Seems like a stretch to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Nov 21, 2012, 10:31 AM

Just because the DC market is huge doesn't mean that UMD owns it on Saturdays. Heck, even if we assume UMD is the biggest fanbase in DC, that still doesn't justify adding them if they only pull a 3% rating.

If that's the case, they're better adding Clemson with a small market which we completely dominate. That was the rationale for adding Nebraska - small market like Omaha dominated by Nebraska is just as valuable as a huge market where the team in question draws only a small portion of the market.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness to Miami

Nov 21, 2012, 10:28 AM

It's tough to expect them to draw well when they aren't a national power and when the teams that come to visit also aren't national powers. Heck, even if the Hurricanes were still a power, there would be any number of things more interesting to do in Miami on a Saturday than go watch the Canes play someone like BC or UVA at home.

Which reinforces your point - its about viewers. The ACC's fundamental problem is that outside of Clemson and FSU this year (in years past it was VT or maybe BC or even UNC in the late 90s/early 2000s), there just aren't very many games worth watching, especially not if the game time conflicts with a more compelling game from another conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are basically cattle

Nov 21, 2012, 10:35 AM

If it is the only thing on the television They'll watch it. The us ratings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic