Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now?

Apr 14, 2018, 3:51 PM

It’s very clear to anyone with two eyes and an ounce of football knowledge that KB can’t throw the football. Over throws under throws just can’t throw the ball 10-17 yards down the field with consistency. Over throws TE’s over throws Renfrow for an easy TD. He’s just not a thrower of the football and that’s what we need to win a college playoff game. Trevor however is dropping dimes like it’s nobodys buisness. Bombs to Higgins and ropes to Rodgers and others. It’s very clear to me and hopefully everyone else including Dabo that Trevor is the future and the future starts with the road trip to College Station. Yes we can get by with KB as the starter thru the Acc Reg season schedule but Trevor can take us to that next level that Kelly just can’t. 3/7 for 9 yards. YIKES! I’ll post the final stats after the game but #### it’s clear Trevor is the starter, and it’s not even close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now?

Apr 14, 2018, 3:54 PM

Do you know for a fact that TL can perform under pressure, scramble against a live D-line, and run the offense in a real game scenario? Until you can guarantee me those things, I’m sticking with KB. Seen him do it all year last year. Would you right now lock TL in to starting against A&M based on the spring game? Didn’t think so.

Apr 14, 2018, 3:57 PM

LOL this kid will be a Heisman candidate this year if Dabo let’s him

I would, the guy hasn't even got a 1st down

Apr 14, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

Bama and this game is showing game plan. Stuff run and spy and force bryant to be a an actual qb.

You must be KB's brother or brest friend ...

Apr 14, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

Sometimes it's not all about KB; sometimes is about best man up and the other 21 players on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

KB showed poise in one game last year and that was Miami, offensively Clemson had one of the worst offenses through the air that I can remember, he averaged less than 1 TD a game through the air and that was inflated because he had 3 against the Citadel and 2 against USC he hasn't shown he can do it he showed he can sit on the field and go through the motions when put with the best RB crew we've had in a while and a defense that can consistently put you in position but when it's time for him to ball and the game is on his shoulders he couldn't do it.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

Do you know for a fact that TL can perform under pressure, scramble against a live D-line, and run the offense in a real game scenario? Until you can guarantee me those things, I’m sticking with KB. Seen him do it all year last year. Would you right now lock TL in to starting against A&M based on the spring game? Didn’t think so.

Yes I can guarantee all those things, this isn’t his first time playing football. But u can make the case that KB looked like it was his first time playing football. You keep KB and you win 10 games then get your ### kicked in the playoffs or win 10 games with a phenom and actually win in the playoffs. What part of TL game isn’t above KB? Even Trevor can run the ball and actually make throws on the run down the field. Kelly can’t even make a throw standing tall untouched in the pocket. It’s a joke now that people still continue to defend Kelly Bryant. Just STOP. Your making yourself look stupid.

I would lock him in as the starter vs A&M.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

I would go with TL. That said, I think whoever starts we beat A&M.

Apr 14, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

Well there was only one quarterback in four out there today who let the pressure of the spring game get to him.

Apr 15, 2018, 12:50 AM

Unfortunately you're 100% right, and I think the "noise" may have even gotten to KB after his injury last year. Despite continuing to win, I don't believe he was the same player after the Wake Forest game, and I think the declining performance may have gotten to him upstairs a bit. After both TL & HJ showed out on their first couple of series, you could see he was mentally shaken.

During the scrimmage I was defending KB, mentioning that it's obvious he's going to struggle a bit since his legs are such a huge part of his game, and I stand by that...but being so visibly upset by the situation raises a lot of concern. If we're going to be a national power, we need to have a leader who is mentally strong. We need someone the rest of the team can look to when we're facing a 3rd & 10 in College Station and there's 110,000 people screaming for Clemson to fold. Obviously the coaches know a lot more than any of us, and they've earned the right to some blind faith, but it's tough to see a team leader do that during a scrimmage in front of a home crowd.

Based on what I saw today, I think Lawrence has to be the clear favorite to be the starter. He looked great, and I can't imagine how he'd look with both Feaster & Etienne behind him and Higgins, Renfrow, Rodgers, Overton, Thompson, Powell and Kendrick (and Ross when he gets to campus) outside. Kelly is no doubt the best runner of the QB group, but with so much talent on the outside, and Etienne and Feaster at RB, Lawrence's above-average mobility is more than enough to make this one of the best offenses in the country. Higgins has the potential to be the best WR in the nation, and Clemson needs to make sure they have a QB that can get him, and the rest of this extremely talented WR group, the ball often & efficiently.

Not sure why you think we need to guarantee you who

Apr 14, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

needs to start?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Can we stop with this KB over TL talk now? ]

No your right I don’t know if he can do those. Here is what I do know. He with out a doubt throws the rock better than KB. KB can get us through the ACC but is to one demensional to win in the CFP or beat Alabama. I think that was shown last year.

For this reason TL is the future use him and let him grow. He won’t redshirt and he more than likely won’t be here 4 years. I hate it for KB but it’s the nature of the game. In college it is all about the W and to say any different would be fooling yourself.

Apr 14, 2018, 7:39 PM

Still think KB starts game 1 out of seniority, then after blowout TL and HJ get a lot of reps with CB getting mop up duty.

KB starts game 2 on the road before Trevor takes the reigns similar to DW4. After today it can’t be any clearer who the better talent is just being him along slow to get him road experience. Kelly we know can beat A&M so don’t experiment with the freshman that game but it is only a matter of time before it’s his.

Apr 15, 2018, 12:56 AM

I'm hoping Dabo has learned from his Cole Stoudt/Deshaun Watson experience. I hope DW4 being so clearly ready so early despite being a freshman will result in Dabo being more open to the idea of starting TL from Day 1.

Would we be ok if Dabo says Hunter Johnson won the battle

Apr 14, 2018, 7:53 PM

For starting QB, because when they evaluate in the fall I believe it will be very close between Trevor and Hunter in the fall a two man battle an either could win. Eventually, I believe Trevor will be the most talented but not sure if he will know the system etc the way Johnson does after being here a year longer.

Don’t get me wrong it’s obvious Trevor has it all period and I believe he will be our QB this fall!

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Thank you

Apr 14, 2018, 9:15 PM

All this KB vs TL talk and people are forgetting all about Hunter Johnson. The guy played a great game today and has a real chance to beat out both these guys.

Johnson will definitely have a say so on who starts.

Apr 14, 2018, 9:24 PM

Great skills.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for that matter...

Apr 15, 2018, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Thank you ]

Nobody is saying a word about Brice. The kid was pretty much the reason the white team was even in the game at all! Wel...Travis helped too... :)

Apr 14, 2018, 8:03 PM

just start the BEST guy at QB whoever that turns out to be .........whether it is KB, Brice, Hunter, or Trevor.......and please do not include seniority in the mix........cause I do not want to hear that or who is the best scrimmage player crap anymore please.........the only thing that matters is HOW he plays in the games......Go Tigers!!!!!

Apr 14, 2018, 11:57 PM

So you don't think the fact that one has played a whole season of college football has any factor into who starts?

Apr 14, 2018, 9:38 PM

Bryant might not be a great passer but he protects the ball. Only 8 interceptions last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2018, 11:56 PM

I have seen DW4 overthrow people many times and have read on this forum how something was wrong with him.

Apr 15, 2018, 5:14 AM

Kelly was rushing an feeling the heat by TL an Hunter. Kelly knows whats behind him an they're right there with him. IF you go by the spring game TL came out looking the best. I mean the kid was going threw 2 or 3 reeds before checking the ball down.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:30 AM

Agreed and may the best man win the job. KB has the experience and should improve. The young guys are pushing tho and talent might end up overtaking. I think we can win it all with whoever starts including KB.

Apr 15, 2018, 7:15 AM

It appears Dabo is setting the stage for TL with his remarks. He stated it doesn't matter how a player has played in the past, it's going to be how they look this fall.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic