Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tight End Positon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,408

Tight End Positon

Aug 23, 2018, 7:45 AM

Heard Tight End is the position to watch this year with Richard a yr further along in the offense and Williams back from injury and the new kid Galloway more of a field stertcher and match up night mare like Leggett was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can they block?

Aug 23, 2018, 8:50 AM

The most important thing for a tight end in our offense is blocking. 4 offensive linemen can't block 7 or 8 rushers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen Coneross! Point for you! I like it when the TE gets a

Aug 23, 2018, 8:55 AM

pancake block on his man and then gets forgotten by the rushing LB's so he can be open on a cross pattern or fly and pick up 15-20 yards. Even if he doesn't get the pancake block as long as it slows the defender down enough

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can they block?

Aug 23, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Can they block? ]

Williams being back will help the blocking from the TE position immensely.

They also have to be a receiving threat in our offense.

Aug 23, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Can they block? ]

Last year we had several guys who could block, but nobody who was a strong blocker was a legitimate receiver.

It took away a major component of our offense.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tight End Positon

Aug 23, 2018, 10:32 AM

We def missed Legget last year and that showed how important a great receiving TE is in our offense. But like others have said we also need our TEs to be able to block very well, Garrett Williams coming back is Big, he’s not the best receiving TE we have ever had but he is one heck of a blocker and will do very good for us this year. I def agree Galloway is a very similar type of TE to Legget who could really spread the field and think he will be a very good receiving TE for Clemson. To make another title I really think we will need good production from our TEs. The TE Lay we have in the 19 class is going to be very good he really reminds me of Legget but a lot more along then Legget was in HS and coming in as a freshman, can’t wait til he gets on the team, I really think he will be a game changing TE. Go Tigers!!

Whoa, I read the title of the post and thought this

Aug 23, 2018, 10:49 AM

thread was going to get high-jacked properly.

I guess DT is officially over?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need speed too***

Aug 23, 2018, 12:59 PM

I agree we need good blocking, but we add an enormous threat if we have some speed at TE and can get past the LBs for those 10-15 yard catches.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,408
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic