Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not really a fan of going to big twelve, but if we have to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Not really a fan of going to big twelve, but if we have to

Jan 11, 2013, 9:13 PM

travel shouldn't be such a big issue. As of now, we play at BC and at Syracuse every other year, one of them each year and we play at UNC, Duke and VT once every 12 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not really a fan of going to big twelve, but if we have to

Jan 11, 2013, 9:20 PM

I'm not a big fan of people who( or whom )don't seem to realize that fan ,or no fan we ain't going to the Big 12 unless "The Big 12 asks us to come to the Big 12".
That's the issue.

Jan 11, 2013, 9:21 PM

I have a feeling the big 12 may fold before the acc does. Now which conf only has 10 members?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2013, 9:25 PM

I still think hell should have been raised when #### swoffie refused Texas, Texas Tech, OK & OK State.. he took Syra and Pitt because of baskb

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof he refused those teams???? Please provide that link***

Jan 11, 2013, 9:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Virginia once every twelve years also.***

Jan 11, 2013, 9:32 PM

You really bringing this big 12 crap up again?***

Jan 11, 2013, 9:34 PM

No, you're imagining things. Maybe you need to see a doctor.***

Jan 12, 2013, 7:02 PM

See my post below. Any ACC team would be crazy going

Jan 11, 2013, 10:26 PM

to the Big 12. IMO, after the Big East, they are the most unstable conference in the current BCS, regardless of their most recent TV contract which was mainly due to the power of UT. They almost folded two years ago, no thanks.

The ACC states have the largest population of any conference, over 100M people. If we all stay together, the SEC and Big 12 are left with garbage for additional teams. That is why they are pushing for the ACC to fall apart, especially the Big 12, who needs as many a 6 more teams to be a "mega" conference. IMO, the Big 12 is desperate for ACC teams to survive long term.

Can the ACC survive if GT and UVA leave?

Jan 11, 2013, 10:35 PM

I really don't know. If they go and UNC sees the league becoming a Big East 2.0, I'm not certain they would stay.

If MD has to pay the $50 million, ACC stays intact, which

Jan 11, 2013, 10:45 PM

I want. B1G and sec will have to dilute their leagues with scraps to get to 16. Then again, those conferences have enough money to buy out that little exit fee for said teams. esecpn will also pick up whatever the bill is to put whatever teams slive wants. I just don't know why secpn would want to break up the acc since they currently own the teams in that league. If a bunch go big 12, they lose a lot of value to fox.

It's really working Out for WVU......***

Jan 12, 2013, 6:23 AM

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Jan 12, 2013, 6:34 AM

The last time this was discussed a lot of people got hung up on the travel. We travel as much in the ACC as we would in the Big12. That really is not the issue, but an issue of rivalries and tradition. We already had a rivalry with FSU when they entered the league, there is a large fan base in the NorthEast which has made the Clemson/BC games such a rivalry so quickly. If Swofford would stop catering to the basketball 1st schools then the ACC would be perfect for us. As it is now the only 2 teams that are respected are both in the same division. You cannot have a decent championship game when that is the case. The divisions were set up because it was clear that fsu and miami were positioned to be the favorites to win and win often. How'd putting the game in Florida work out for you swofford?

So no, we are not looking to leave conferences. This could easily change if GT or FSU go anywhere though; the three football 1st schools are linked and we will always be linked to each other.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic