Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone please define “Never Again”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Can someone please define “Never Again”

Nov 21, 2018, 11:02 AM

I thought I knew but now I’m questioning my public school education.

I was wondering if it had a confusing definition such as the meaning of “is”? Have we even figured out what the meaning of “is” is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone please define “Never Again”

Nov 21, 2018, 11:03 AM

He meant they would never win again, he was right

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 11:56 AM

Sure, no problem

When speaking cootish, “never again’s” meaning varies depending on its timeline with an associated game. For example.

“Never again” uttered in reference to a game that is currently taking place, means “right now”
“Never again” spoken in reference to a game that is about to start, means “in just a minute”.
“Never again” said on a Friday, means “tomorrow”.
In general “never again” used in reference to a game that is to be played sometime in the future, means “next time we play”.

Hope that helps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 10 year old daughter still has trouble with Never

Nov 21, 2018, 11:42 AM

She uses it when she means Rarely some of the time. She's beginning to get the concept though.

Coots..... Never

Do they teach English at the University of South Carolina?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 11:58 AM

Your confusing again with a gain. It’s just sounds like again. You should know by their surrender towels they are comfortable with never gaining on us .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots have a lot of slogans. If you combine a couple of

Nov 21, 2018, 12:02 PM

them, you get close to the truth.

"Never Again" was to mean never will they be embarrassed like that on the field again.

"Wait till next year" is an old staple.

So, if you combine the two, you get:

"Never, 'till next year, will we be embarrassed like that AGAIN!"

Hope this clears things up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 12:10 PM

To explain "never again," I have to tell you a story from my time in the SC National Guard. I was enlisted in a small NG unit in the low country that was rotten with gamecock fans. As one of a very few Clemson fans and a Clemson student at the time, I caught a lot of trash talk from the mostly good natured scar fans. So, one drill Saturday, Clemson was playing Wake Forest. The scar fans were deriding the Clemson schedule as weak. Mind you, this was before scar was a member of the mighty sec-least, but they were really proud of their tough schedule. So I asked who was on the scar schedule that made it so tough. This guy brought out his pocket schedule that showed the current year's schedule on one side, and, I noticed, the next season's schedule on the reverse. When I saw the next year's schedule, I belly laughed. The scars were confused. I explained that the schedules were printed that way so they could start looking to next season as soon as the current season goes to hell.

In conclusion, the story is meant to bring home this point: for the scar fan, "never again" means "wait until next year" and when next year arrives, they will say "never again" after a spanking, which will really mean "wait until next year." The cycle tends to repeat itself very often.

Good Day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 12:28 PM

Thus Cycling In! Todd wasn't so dumb after all...oh wait!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic