Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone tell me why we didn’t run the ball last night. It was working and then we just stopped
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,205

Can anyone tell me why we didn’t run the ball last night. It was working and then we just stopped

Jan 14, 2020, 9:49 AM

When you have someone like ETN you gotta get it in his hands.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the plays where we didn't run the ball

Jan 14, 2020, 9:49 AM

we passed it instead. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: On the plays where we didn't run the ball

Jan 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

That’s funny right there. I don’t care who you are. Should have ran more though. Go tigers. Still ALL IN!!

Re: Just some odd play calling...

Jan 14, 2020, 9:50 AM

ETN's last carry occurred at about 14 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Just very odd. And people rip into the Chad who achieved a lot with less talent.

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I’m getting destroyed in another thread saying

Jan 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

The same thing. We were out coached. Abandoning the run in the 2nd series of the 3rd quarter made no sense. ETN should have had 30+ carries. He had 15. That is on the coaches.

agreed ***

Jan 14, 2020, 9:59 AM

Because we run RPO's

Jan 14, 2020, 9:59 AM

Trevor read pass. He read correctly, he just missed the throws. More short throws than I've ever seen him miss

We run RPOs because of... coaching!

Jan 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

TL was missing every throw last night. Why keep putting the game in his hands? Call a pure run!

Running in to the teeth of a DL of run stuffers

Jan 14, 2020, 10:08 AM

Averaging 330 lbs would not have worked. If we complete the RPO's it opens the run more. ETN had one run over 10 yards. That D is full of NFL talent.

I think we were all yeling for more running plays

Jan 14, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to We run RPOs because of... coaching! ]

Really, that's the only prayer we would have to beat that LSU team we played last night. If TL had a perfect night, our WR's had a perfect night, and we clicked on all cylinders, best we could hope for is to trade TD's with them. But when you're sold out to the passing game, if it doesn't work, your TOP is low, and they get the ball back faster, and have more drives, and scoring opportunities.

Same defensive play, and if we ran the ball well, owned the clock, and had long and successful drives, it would have derailed LSU.

I honestly don't think we have the playbook to win on a day when your QB/WR's have a bad day. Stop our pass and we're neutered.

Heck, look at ETN's numbers, versus carries. He has an impressive yardage total, VERY impressive. He has the best YPC average in college football. All great things, but that's because he thrives on busting huge plays because everyone doesn't respect our running game.

I just felt bad for TL last night. We didn't have a plan or an adjustment for him having a bad game. And it showed. Instead of realizing he wasn't on the mark, and going to the run more to take pressure off him, it's like well, we're down now so we will lay on you MORE. Just wasn't pretty at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very few adjustments to make when our QB

Jan 14, 2020, 10:27 AM

doesn't play well. Our offense hinges on him, reading the RPO's, making the throws. He had an off night throwing. He actually read things pretty well, which is why our running stats were good. How many first down throws did he miss, short throws? It happens. He'll get better and be everything he can be next year

Re: Very few adjustments to make when our QB

Jan 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

All good points, of course, but ETN was averaging over 5 ypc. It would seem a safer bet to reestablish a run-first pattern in the 3rd qtr to draw defenders into the box and open up the downfield landscape a bit. TL was off, so it seems like coaches would have played to our other strengths more deliberately (to possibly include giving Chase Brice some PT in the 4th, honestly)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Yup. Well said Tiggity***

Jan 14, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to I think we were all yeling for more running plays ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That part killed me too. We got down and totally abandoned

Jan 14, 2020, 11:01 AM

The run. I thought the time to bring it back was when we brought the game back to 28-25

Oh well, learning experience for whichever OC was calling that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,205
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic