Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Lateek Townsend suspension- clarification
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,243

Football Update: Lateek Townsend suspension- clarification

Mar 15, 2012, 11:26 AM

Lateek Townsend suspension- clarification

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post n Courier article says improper benefit.

Mar 15, 2012, 11:30 AM

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2012/mar/14/clemson-linebacker-lateek-townsend-received-four-g/

So his HS coach gave him a cell phone?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post n Courier article says improper benefit.

Mar 15, 2012, 11:32 AM

That or he threatened someone with a Motorola

Clemson

Mar 15, 2012, 11:35 AM

Shoot, have you seen Lateek in street clothes? That is a big, mean looking dude. All I'm saying is I'm glad he's wearing orange.

Mar 15, 2012, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Post n Courier article says improper benefit. ]

report was that he received those improper benefits from a high school asst coach and that Clemson was not involved in any way!END OF STORY!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2012, 11:45 AM

good lord people, this was well known last year. are the coots stirring the pot again. maybe their boy phil should keep up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A four game suspension for receiving a cell phone....

Mar 15, 2012, 1:31 PM

How many games did the numerous $CU players miss who, for months, were living in luxury at The Whitney Hotel completely free of charge.

Perhaps that's why they are staring straight down the barrel at yet another NCAA probation while we...well...aren't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

nm

Mar 15, 2012, 1:36 PM

nm

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2012, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Post n Courier article says improper benefit. ]

They are so anxious about their NCAA violations and other scandals that are yet to be uncovered that they want to be able to point to us and say we are guilty too. Misery loves company, and to them, if somebody else does it, then it is okay for them. They are that stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2012, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Post n Courier article says improper benefit. ]

To the person who gave me a TD for this, I was definitely joking. Sorry if that escaped anyone. I'll be clearer next time.

Clemson

Re:Well, look who wrote the story. He can make a mountain

Mar 15, 2012, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Post n Courier article says improper benefit. ]

out of any mole hill.

Didn't Dwayne Allen's HS coach give him $10 for a physical?

Mar 15, 2012, 12:27 PM

Where does it end???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm: So Dwayne won't be able to play for us a few games?

Mar 15, 2012, 12:33 PM

Drat! When does he come back?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmm: So Dwayne won't be able to play for us a few games?

Mar 15, 2012, 1:05 PM

When he refunds the $10. I hope he'll be able to afford it with all that pro-ball he'll be playing

Clemson

I thought it said Clarification?

Mar 15, 2012, 5:42 PM

That was basically the same thing it said yesterday. Maybe the assistant coach paid his cell phone bill or bought him a 4 game suspension app for his smartphone.

A year ago? Tacks on your rugs coming a bit loose?***

Mar 15, 2012, 7:37 PM

Re: A year ago? Tacks on your rugs coming a bit loose?***

Mar 15, 2012, 10:46 PM

Nope. We're not the ones facing probation. Try again.

I know that coots have a hard time reading

Mar 20, 2012, 8:51 AM [ in reply to A year ago? Tacks on your rugs coming a bit loose?*** ]

but if you look closely it says that this was involving his assistant HS coaches, not one Clemson coach is under any kind of suspicion. SHouldn't you be on your knees praying that the NCAA lets you off easy?

If you really want to compare kids with problems with the NCAA as well as the law then go right ahead.

You'll lose

your right. he could have stayed at the whitney .

Mar 20, 2012, 6:31 PM [ in reply to A year ago? Tacks on your rugs coming a bit loose?*** ]

and had a free phone and cable.not to mention room service and limo service. i think it's your tacks that are loose (or are they even there?).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Lateek Townsend suspension- clarification

Mar 20, 2012, 8:06 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I am glad we are running a clean program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2012, 10:35 AM

A high school coach gave a kid the use of a cell phone for two years. . .while he was in high school. So he gets suspended in college, and has to pay for the phone plan? That's kind of heavy handed.
I like how seriously our program takes compliance, but this seems to be a bit over-reaching.

It's either take these kinds of things serious or risk

Mar 20, 2012, 6:43 PM

consquences down the road, I'm not a big fan of a lot of the NCAA guidelines, but it's still the schools job to adhere to them, since we did we won't have to worry about our ACC championship being taken back.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Can Lateek run, hit, wrap and make bone-jarring tackles?

Mar 20, 2012, 9:17 PM

That's what I want to see. Some bone-jarring hits. Give me Stephone Anthony, Lateek and whoever else at LB who can run and hit hard and I'll be happy. Go Tigers!

Mar 20, 2012, 10:32 PM

Another link if anyone wants to read

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/17/3105180/clemson-lb-townsend-served-4-game.html

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic