Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Putting a magnetic Orange PAW on back of my truck for 5-6 week Route 66 Trip was put on check list!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,451

Putting a magnetic Orange PAW on back of my truck for 5-6 week Route 66 Trip was put on check list!

Mar 12, 2018, 4:04 PM

No big deal since I’ve put Clemson window decals or PAWs on past rental cars in Calif (twice) & across France..

so having a 12” Orange magnetic PAW on the attractive tailgate of my Silver 2004 Chevy SSR Retro Convertible Truck with 300hp Corvette Engine is going to be fun..

Beginning trip in IL & on thru MO, OK, TX, NM, AZ & CA..about 4,000 miles of back roads, flat roads & deserts & canyons, small towns & neat eateries, museums of all types, neat peoples (maybe Wimmens too), handful of college campuses & stadiums, etc.

Can’t wait since I’ve waited 76.9 years..Leaving about March 26...Zooom!

Gut eR Done & Have Some Fun, as I like to say!

Go TiGERS! ??

PS: Know that the truck has a $500 custom-made thick acrylic windscreen that has a 9” white outlined PAW etching in the middle area between the head rests. Need to wire up the 44 tiny Orange LED’s to that beauty!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome Bill, will you please post pics?***

Mar 12, 2018, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

What happened to the old Mercedes?***

Mar 12, 2018, 4:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: ^^ Traded Benz on this SSR back in late July!

Mar 12, 2018, 4:13 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it does a better job of haulin' a$s

Mar 12, 2018, 4:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

The Benz SL has a factory installed, German designed and...

Mar 13, 2018, 10:00 AM

manufactured poosy magnet. It's not offered as an option on a domestic truck so you have to buy the Chinese made aftermarket component and have it installed. They usually last about a month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice trip... Planning a more southern route with my

Mar 12, 2018, 4:11 PM

GMC and Airstream after I finish my son's home renovation. Probably going to be more like 12 weeks... Enjoy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was about to say ... "Does LBB Chicago ??***

Mar 13, 2018, 10:53 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Putting magnetic Orange PAW on back of my truck for 5 week Route 66 Trip was put on check list!

Mar 12, 2018, 4:14 PM

If you hurry you can catch the Tigers in their game in Sandy Eggo.

Bill, you should always carry a lot of the small "stick-on" Tiger Paws. That will give you a legitimate reason to paw any lady you meet. It has worked for me and sometimes when I asked where to put it, I got some surprising answers, most were positive.

Have a safe trip and with that engine you should be able to outrun most Highway Patrolmen.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, if Bill is in CA, he might want to let a couple of

Mar 12, 2018, 4:26 PM

Lady CHiP's stop him...

^^To: JOE (Thx Young Man & would invite you to ride but..)

Mar 12, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Putting magnetic Orange PAW on back of my truck for 5 week Route 66 Trip was put on check list! ]

figure my 1 box of pampers wouldn’t be enough for the two of us..plus you’d be so busy writing your great but dang-gum long TNet posts that you wouldn’t come up to see the scenery zip by! ??

Route 66 Trip: find me a

Mar 12, 2018, 4:18 PM

1958 Red with White Cove Corvette like Martin and George used to drive. Tow it home behind the SSR. You can even tape(remember, it's fiberglas) a PAW on the rear.

Watch out for the chicks in Sam's as you travel.

^^^ SAM’s!

Mar 12, 2018, 4:49 PM

OK 71 & Touche on my watching out for hot wimmens! ??

Re: ^^^ SAM’s!

Mar 12, 2018, 5:00 PM

And be especially careful crossing those desserts! They can be hot and fattening at the same time!

Go Tigers. And. Go LBB

way to represent!***

Mar 12, 2018, 5:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

O.k., Billy, now you're just bragging.

Mar 12, 2018, 6:29 PM

Have a great time. Was on route 66 last summer and really enjoyed the trip. A lot of beautiful and interesting things to see. Take as much time as you can (and post some cool pictures, especially with the truck and the wimmenz.)

who's riding shotgun?***

Mar 12, 2018, 6:31 PM

^^ Wanted JOE21 but

Mar 12, 2018, 7:16 PM

I don’t have enough room in trunk for more than 2 large boxes of Depends, for us both.

Sorry Joe! Ha...

Re: ^^ Wanted JOE21 but

Mar 12, 2018, 7:41 PM

Bill --- I can hold my water pretty good but when the urge hits, it's "Katy bar the door". I can handle hiding behind a huge pine tree but I want nothing to do with the cacti in the desert. If you pass through Las Cruces, NM, stop at La Posta in Old Mesilla. Best food in that area. You can quinch your thirst at Billy The Kid Bar. New Mexico State U. is in Mesilla Park. If we beat them you may want to drive through the campus with a spot light on your big Tiger Paw.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dsp ain't gonna like this "we" stuff

Mar 13, 2018, 8:55 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Who-is-this-we-of-which-you-speak-23223064

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: who's riding shotgun?***

Mar 13, 2018, 7:47 AM [ in reply to who's riding shotgun?*** ]

Me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Can I borrow that truck when you get back?

Mar 12, 2018, 6:37 PM

and let me know some highlights of your trip... just for...um... conversation sake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get yer kicks on route 66.

Mar 12, 2018, 7:27 PM

have fun!

Bill, if I didn't have this '84 300SD project nearly...

Mar 13, 2018, 1:37 PM

completed I'd beg to go.

I have the dash in after a new coat of SEM paint and will be softening and refinishing the original Rosen leather seats as soon as the weather gets above 70. That temp will soften the new gasket for the rear windshield which gets replaced and I'll take another week to replace all the newly painted interior trim.

The goal is six weeks but it'll probably take me three months due to my obsession with details and desires to learn new crafts.

There's some dangerous women on Route 66 so don't let one of those young hens spark your plug. We need you back here before fall camp. Make sure you put the boot on that spark plug before it arcs off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic