Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update

Nov 25, 2014, 10:42 AM

Deshaun Watson injury update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update

Nov 25, 2014, 10:44 AM

So your telling me there's a chance...

Nov 25, 2014, 10:44 AM

you're*

My biggest fear with this situation

Nov 25, 2014, 10:47 AM

Watson starts and gets injured and has to leave the game. Every time we have been without him this year our crowd has gone dead and most of the time our team has as well.
If this happens, our crowd will have to really give the team some extra energy to keep fighting.

My son,

Nov 25, 2014, 10:48 AM

live not in fear. For #4 will come forth into the Valley and show you that he is the true Coot Killer.

And all of God's children said

Nov 25, 2014, 10:51 AM

AMEN!

I thought all of God's chirren said "Go Tigers."***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:52 AM

Re: I thought all of God's chirren said "Go Tigers."***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:54 AM

That part comes before Buzzpaw's part.

Re: My son,

Nov 25, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to My son, ]

Sadly I thought he was going to come forth and show us that he was a buzz killer. (No disrespect intended ... but bees do buzz.) That didn't work. I don't feel all that good about putting him out there after multiple injuries, but I'll trust the football gods to lead me in my moment of weakness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team and crowd didn't go dead vs Louisville***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:52 AM [ in reply to My biggest fear with this situation ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True

Nov 25, 2014, 10:55 AM

but we were trying to prove a point to Petrino and our defense was playing insane. There was zero energy on offense from the crowd or players for the rest of the game though.

Re: True

Nov 25, 2014, 11:08 AM

> but we were trying to prove a point to Petrino and
> our defense was playing insane. There was zero energy
> on offense from the crowd or players for the rest of
> the game though.

Dude, that doesn't make much sense. The crowd isn't supposed to do anything when the home team is on offense. The quieter, the better.

I was at the Louisville game, and I can assure you that the crowd was loud as heck when Clemson was on defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Difference

Nov 25, 2014, 11:30 AM

between quiet and no energy. It was very obvious the stadium lost all energy when Stoudt was on the field. Everyone knew the defense holding was our only hope.

you really think we wont be trying to prove a point to the

Nov 25, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to True ]

little brothers?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

My biggest fear is...

Nov 25, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to My biggest fear with this situation ]

...they put Watson out there and he really is not ready. Then, he gets hurt more seriously and he misses the 2015 season... or worse... has a Marcus Lattimore injury and his career is over.

I want so badly for our Tigers to win but I hope we don't gamble the future to do it. I think we can win a close game without DW - although my nerves and heart may not be able to survive it!

Nov 25, 2014, 10:49 AM

[img]http://s29.postimg.org/lletxv9fn/image.jpg[/img]

Nov 25, 2014, 10:50 AM

So, a serious question - what are the protocols for our injury reports? At what point do we have to decisively post our roster? That's something I've never been really sure of - I guess it's just a gentlemanly thing to do, this early in the week? Of course, I'm dying to know (like the rest of you), but I'm sure there's a whole group of other people that are also curious - so the longer we can wait and tell everyone, I'm sure the better. At this point though, I'm sure everyone is preparing for him.

Once you put out the report

Nov 25, 2014, 10:53 AM

it still means very little. If you have noticed this year, we have had probable players sit and doubtful players play.

Appreciate the updates but wish they'd stop. OBS Listening***

Nov 25, 2014, 11:06 AM

Are you saying the Sack is all ears?***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:52 PM

Nov 25, 2014, 11:16 AM

If he can go, I believe I wouldn't start him. Have him in your pocket if things go bad. Do I think we can win without Watson? Probably not, but if you can limit the number of hits he gets, it would be great. The last thing I want is to ruin his knee at this time. There is nothing more that I want is to beat the coots, but a change of pace would probably be good if we have to go to him. And if he goes in make it a more pocket offense. The last thing he needs to be doing is taking off down the field. The first chance that slime in Columbia will do on the field is go for his knee.

i'm with the person who said IF watson can play,

Nov 25, 2014, 11:25 AM

don't start him. let cole play a few series, see how he does.
save Watson for a bit, and then put him in. and though I personally wanna know
if Watson can play or not, it would be better if this
info was kept secret from those chickens.

Re: i'm with the person who said IF watson can play,

Nov 25, 2014, 11:31 AM

Disagree

Play Watson the entire game if he is able. None of this switching back and forth and potentially losing momentum like our O did against FSU and Georgia imho.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 12:25 PM

The problem with "starting Cole and seeing how things go" is that he could easily throw two pick sixes and we could find ourselves in a 0 - 14 hole. Even against the weak USC defense, we could have a difficult time overcoming that kind of deficit, even with Watson in the game.

I was at the Wake Forest game and as much as Cole was struggling in that game, we all kept asking - as did the announcers on TV - how long do you let Cole continue to struggle before you pull him and put Watson in the game? Obviously, going through 50+ minutes and struggling most of the game still wasn't enough to pull the trigger on putting Watson in.

I hope that our coaches understand how important it is for the Clemson Family to win this game against the Chickens. We have all suffered mightily the last five years through the losses and another one, especially to this team, will be unbearable.

DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN!

Go Tigers!

MT

Nov 25, 2014, 4:06 PM

Agreed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: i'm with the person who said IF watson can play, ]

They don't. That's why Schuessler got half a possession last week. It's like Stoudt has some bad dirt on Dabo. Either that or they are just doing a terrible job of coaching this year.

Nov 25, 2014, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: i'm with the person who said IF watson can play, ]

Coaches should have been doing their job and I aching cole to look off receivers and quit zoning in on one and giving the defense the edge. Practice should be reps constantly liking at all receivers as well as looking off

I heartily concur. Feels right on many levels. Point.***

Nov 25, 2014, 7:02 PM [ in reply to i'm with the person who said IF watson can play, ]

Nov 25, 2014, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Deshaun Watson injury update ]

I would tend to agree but you do realize that in the two biggest games of the year, we did that and lost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 12:27 PM

Too much info. Surprise us and the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put watson in

Nov 25, 2014, 1:34 PM

Wont need him after half time! the beat down will be enough for Dabo to call off the dogs!
Then its all defence from there!

Call off the dogs . . .

Nov 25, 2014, 4:09 PM

against Carolina? Why?

Knee brace and second team snaps?

Nov 25, 2014, 6:03 PM

It sure doesn't look good for Watson playing on Saturday.

Re: Knee brace and second team snaps?

Nov 25, 2014, 6:08 PM

Seriously? These coaches always try to play mind games with each other. Watson will play.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic