Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unreal ACC teams don’t give a flip much about conference affiliation while SEC love is religious.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Unreal ACC teams don’t give a flip much about conference affiliation while SEC love is religious.

Mar 29, 2019, 9:51 PM

Wow..l’m 110% for Clemson & ACC is distant 2nd.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call me a homer and td my post but I

Mar 29, 2019, 10:03 PM

Guess I take a different stance LBB. I pull for the ACC every chance I can in any sport. The more the other teams win, the more it helps out our Tigers.

Can’t stand them when we’re playing them but outside conference, I’ll always pull for em. Guess I’m a homer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it really help?

Mar 29, 2019, 10:58 PM

Since when did the national titles won by UNCheats and the Pukes ever help Clemson basketball?

I think our admin and AD need to do some serious work because the other ACC teams aren't going to help Clemson basketball dust itself off the floor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When ACC teams win we get more money

Mar 30, 2019, 12:30 AM

Most ACC fans pull for other ACC teams against other conferences..... we just don't chant it.

OK!

Mar 30, 2019, 12:36 AM

But how has that helped Clemson basketball?

Re: When ACC teams win we get more money

Mar 30, 2019, 12:41 AM [ in reply to When ACC teams win we get more money ]

The point I'm trying to make is that Clemson supporters, from the president to the fans, need to make the effort to excel.

I don't know how the money situation these days compared to earlier times, but I imagine it's more these days. I don't know that part.

I do know that the money and new facility (sincerely better than what it was) have not produced the kind of product our fans want and deserve.

Money is not everything ....

Mar 30, 2019, 11:24 PM

But it's in the top 3

Most fans pull for their conference?

Mar 31, 2019, 8:04 AM

Maybe, but I don't get it.

No part of me wanted Duke to beat UCF. No part of me thinks that Tony Bennett being at UVa helps Clemson basketball. There is no corner of my mind where I'm hoping FSU comes back in football.

Sometimes I can be 'for' an ACC team. For example, when the wahoos played SC, I was all in against the Gamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most fans pull for their conference?

Mar 31, 2019, 8:33 AM

The "conference mantra" was manufactured and produced by ESPN.

Somehow, apparently through some kind of osmosis, we're supposed to feel love for teams that we really don't care for due to their conference affiliation.

I'm of the opinion that those that do have fallen victim to the ridiculous propaganda spewed by the talking heads.

This stupid phenomenon gives every sports show a constant topic..............upon which they repeat and repeat and repeat. For you slow learners, that means they don't have to be creative.........they just talk every day about "conferences".

Before ESPN released this virus upon the dimwitted sports fans, conferences were rarely mentioned when talking about college sports. I've attended and followed Clemson/college football since 1956. Ask some of your older buddies if this conference nonsense was spoken of before ESPN's launch.

"it helps Clemson" was mentioned above. Really? Then why do we continue to suck in basketball?

Is USC better for their conference affiliation with Alabama?

I know, right?

Wake up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is just a bunch of sparing partners

Mar 31, 2019, 10:42 AM

for Clemson until we get to the Playoff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic