Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Call it like is... Fire away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Call it like is... Fire away

Oct 21, 2013, 9:07 AM

I'll start off by saying I'm a life long Tiger fan. I say that I know if someone doesn't post a lot or they say ANYTHING remotely negative then 95% of the people on this board call them a coot.. Well think what you want. Anyway, I like Dabo, great recruiter, great man, great ambassador for the school. However, he is not a national championship coach. He rarely out coaches anyone that has a team that is on the same competitive level as ours or better. At some point 10-2 teams are not going to cut it when we're getting blown out in big games and lose to our rival EVERY year. Say what you want, if we can't be USuCk this year some re-evaluating needs to be done. I know there are bigger things than beating them, or there were before Saturday night.. But now that will be the most important game of the season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than the fact that he has a National Championship...

Oct 21, 2013, 9:08 AM

But go on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other than the fact that he has a National Championship...

Oct 21, 2013, 9:11 AM

What? He has a NC as a player.. That has nothing to do with what I said nor does it have anything to do with being a NC caliber coach

I said, "go on....".***

Oct 21, 2013, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call it like is... Fire away

Oct 21, 2013, 9:13 AM

+1

Oct 21, 2013, 9:33 AM

If you are a long time fan and I'm sure you are, you remember when Clemson dominated Carolina almost every year because we had the mores. More Money, more coaches, more facilities. What you gotta remember too is the 70s ,90s, and most od the 2000s decade. We were below or average every year. We are now talked about like contenders, not like 5th place ACC teams. South Carolina has the money and whether we want to admit it, one of the best coaches to ever coach a down. Go back, give DAbo a 5 year review and see if you wanna fire him, I'd bet you don't. I live in Alabama, so I have to hear about the Tide each day and let me tell you, that's not fun. But there sidewalk fans love Saban and rightly so, but not to long ago they were terrible. We have one one national title in my. Life, but we were 3 and 8 more time than I can remember. I'd not like to go back there. Ever again. Fire DAbo if you want, but I remember the days when our best player was a tight end (Benny Cunningham) and we could barely beat Duke. I will stay where I am thank you. Go tigers Clemson 63'

Great point

Oct 21, 2013, 9:24 AM

He was clearly outcoached against UGA and LSU. Our superior talent just overcame it in those games. Oh wait...
I guess when you only get one week a year to make comments like this, then you have got to make them really absurd.

He's only been a HC for 5 years...How many head coaches

Oct 21, 2013, 9:27 AM

have won a NC in their first 5 years as a HC?

And 10-2 is just the norm here for the last 20 years?

Oct 21, 2013, 9:27 AM

That's what makes me laugh. We finally win 10 for the fist time in 20 years, we finally win the first ACC Championship in 20 years, we finally go to a BCS game, and we have been ranked 17 weeks in the BCS for the very first time AND you say Dabo is not the one. Funny.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 9:32 AM

Using your logic....I guess Nick Saban is the only "National Championship" coach out there??? Great coaches win alot and lose some as do great teams. We lost to a good team that had the week off to prepare and have fresh legs...I am not happy about it, as I could live with it if we played up to our potential. Having said that, knowing that we are much better then how we played Sat. night, I am excited about finishing the season strong. I am not delusional and think that "our team" was national championship material..esp after losing our number 2 receiver at the beginning of the year.

Oct 21, 2013, 9:32 AM

Why is it that when we win, Dabo isn't a great coach because he has these great coordinators and he doesn't really do anything, but when we lose it is because he was out coached! Dabo has this program back as a relevant program again. WE WERE JUST RANKED #3 IN THE NATION! We were ranked very high the year after the NC year as well but lost some game too. Nobody was asking for Coach Ford to be fired. You people need to step back from the ledge! We are fine. I feel worse for the players. I know they tried their hardest FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT, and it just didn't go our way on Saturday. As far as I can tell in just about every game played Saturday, someone lost. We got beat, get over it. Alabama hasn't won every game in the last 4 years either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll will disagree, without making it personal

Oct 21, 2013, 9:36 AM

Dabo is not an Xs and Os coach. He does, however, know how to identify and surround himself with people who do (both players and coaches), and he knows how to manage and delegate responsibilities. THAT is what makes him a success. He's also great motivator, and his enthusiasm rubs off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 9:40 AM

Say what you want about Dabo and getting Clemson to #3. I would argue #3 was overrated to begin with. Why you say, Vandy beat UGA so where is the other decent win?

The big kicker is the history. Clemson just became the first #3 ranked team to lose that badly at home...EVER.

So, think about it, playing a weak schedule year in year out and getting highly ranked only to have 2 big games in the last 3 years end in a national embarrassment.

Can you name another supposed top 5 or even top 15 team that has 2 embarrassing losses like 70-33 or 51-14

that is where you have to wonder is Clemson really back or just getting by in a weak conference and overall getting embarrassed when put on the stage with the big boys.

Ok, play this game, take away the Orange Bowl and the recent FSU game as if they never happened. Then even it up by taking away UGA and LSU wins. Now what are you left with. Things are not as good as they seem but never as bad as they seem either. What is really left to hang a hat on...oh wait we still have 4 losses to our rival, any big wins in there

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 9:42 AM

Yeah, it isn't like UGA had a bunch of injuries or anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So mild mannered bird goes all Coot here on Tigernet. I knew

Oct 21, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Call it like is... Fire away ]

it was coming. GO HOME TO ROOST.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Call it like is... Fire away ]

Did ND win it all last year? Was it close? Weren't they ranked #1? Guess they had some bad refs in that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 9:48 AM

We were losing games we were heavily favored in before Dabo. Yeah TB won some big games and games against USuC but what was the end result as far a record was concerned. Now We are winning the games we are supposed to AND some we aren't. I for one like the OVERALL improvement of the program and fee better than I did 5 years ago.

Beating South Chickenlina Is Most Important Now. ----

Oct 21, 2013, 10:06 AM

Every other game is just in the d^#n way but we
got to keep winning them.

I guess Gameday was a distraction this time around.

I can't ever remember getting beat like that in
Death Valley without a better fight than what was
displayed Saturday night.

Not going to agree or disagree with you, but its sad that

Oct 21, 2013, 10:16 AM

this board has come to the point where to share your opinion you have to prove that you are a lifelong tiger fan. Just to clarify, I'm not knocking you at all for doing it. It's just ashame that you can't say anything remotely critical without being called a coot.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic