Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calipari has great recruiting platform for kids not wanting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Calipari has great recruiting platform for kids not wanting

Mar 31, 2014, 7:59 AM

to be in college in the first place. Hey, come to Kentucky for 1 year to show NBA what you have. We will put you in 9 hours of meaningless classes the first semester. Once 1st semester is over then just stop going to class and focus on basketball. You won't be ruled academically ineligible until you've already declared for NBA.

This kind of garbage is what the NCAA needs to address.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the NCAA was going to penalize schools with

Mar 31, 2014, 8:05 AM

scholarship losses if they didn't attain certain graduation rates. More talk and no action from a corrupt body that oversees the future of student athletes and is supposed to prevent cheating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its about leaving in good standing

Mar 31, 2014, 8:59 AM

If I recall correctly, as long as they are "on pace" to graduate in 5 years the player leaving doesn't hurt you. Graduation is "bonus points."

So a 1 and done player almost has to be "on pace" because they haven't had time to get behind.

Had they not added the caveat for leaving in good standing, then just about all baseball programs would receive reductions in scholarships.

Kentucky would be getting punished if this is actually what

Mar 31, 2014, 8:24 AM

was happening.

All, or nearly all, of the players at Kentucky have finished their spring course work and left for the NBA in good academic standing.

I can't tell you how meaningful the hours are that the Kentucky freshmen have been taking, but APR scores show that they aren't leaving school ineligible.

I would guess they are taking a lot of their elective work.

Mar 31, 2014, 8:28 AM

Either that or they are involved in core classwork akin to the classes at UNC where they really work on their writing skills.

Final paper at Kentucky...

Mar 31, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Kentucky would be getting punished if this is actually what ]

The Kentucky color is blue. It is blue because Kentucky is known as the Bluegrass state. Bluegrass is not really blue.

Re: Calipari has great recruiting platform for kids not wanting

Mar 31, 2014, 8:25 AM

well, that and the large sums of money they get to sign with KY.

SEC just spits in the face of the NCAA and the NCAA asks for more, please...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I guess at least they only committ the fraud for one

Mar 31, 2014, 8:30 AM

year with these guys. Think about some football players who stay academically eligible for 3-4 years and you know it's a load of...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats not exactly how it works...

Mar 31, 2014, 8:48 AM

those kids take more than 9 hours (like all FT students) and attend classes. Daniel Orten is the only player he had that up and quit going to class.

There is also absolutely nothing the NCAA can do about the one year rule.

Re: Thats not exactly how it works...

Mar 31, 2014, 9:59 AM

don't do with their academics? That would be like one of us knowing what every athlete at Clemson is doing in their academic work. Isn't that private information?

This is not a Calipari or NCAA problem

Mar 31, 2014, 8:50 AM

The NBA is the only entity that can fix this. They instituted the rule that you couldn't enter the draft until you're one year removed from High School, not the NCAA. They need to either change the rule to two years removed from High School or go back to letting High School kids enter the draft. The college game and NBA would both be better for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would the college game be better with HS players making

Mar 31, 2014, 5:35 PM

the jump straight to the pros?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCAA can still monitor this stuff, they just refuse too***

Mar 31, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to This is not a Calipari or NCAA problem ]

its an NBA rule, not ncaa***

Mar 31, 2014, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever, I hope Clemson never recruits kids for just one

Mar 31, 2014, 9:19 AM

year then NBA - 2 years maybe?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that we would be able to recruit those

Mar 31, 2014, 10:31 AM

athletes, but if Clemson got a class of 1 and done freshmen who made a run through the tournament and made the Final 4, would you be unhappy about it?

I think I would love it. There are certain athletes who could go straight to the NBA from high school but are required to wait a year. They need to play somewhere, and I don't blame Coach Cal for recruiting the best basketball players in the country. He's taking advantage of the rule and now he's in the Final 4 again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

amazing ...."The" basketball conference is "jelly!"

Mar 31, 2014, 3:18 PM

no matter what....you can't argue with the results.

Re: amazing ...."The" basketball conference is "jelly!"

Mar 31, 2014, 5:52 PM

Yes you can.

You SEC nuthuggers' whole platform is based on the premise that if one (or two) SEC teams make it, then all of them have made it.

It's a joke that grown men can adopt this view and take themselves seriously. It's literally logic that a third grader would cringe at hearing.

UGA is terrible in basketball, so what are you popping...

Mar 31, 2014, 5:54 PM [ in reply to amazing ...."The" basketball conference is "jelly!" ]

off at the mouth for.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic