Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU urging fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FSU urging fans...

Aug 10, 2019, 8:29 PM

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2019/8/10/20799699/florida-state-tells-fans-switch-providers-to-make-sure-you-get-the-acc-network

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

With people changing to streaming tv

Aug 10, 2019, 8:32 PM

the only reason cable and satellite companies are delaying is because Disney is asking too much money it. It's hard to know who really to be mad at.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Disney is trying to simultaneously ask for more

Aug 10, 2019, 9:09 PM

money from carriers while also rolling out their own competing streaming service and withholding content for that service. It's greedy as hell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With people changing to streaming tv

Aug 10, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to With people changing to streaming tv ]

sounds a bit like dc too

Re: With people changing to streaming tv

Aug 10, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to With people changing to streaming tv ]

Everybody involved besides the fans why should we have to do the dirty work for the ACC when it will be our bill that goes up and we see no benefit that the school gets in return. Always and I mean Always blame Swaford a terrible Commissioner for the ACC. GO TIGERS

Re: FSU urging fans...

Aug 10, 2019, 8:35 PM

I thought you were going to say bring a book to the game since this year is not going to be much better than last year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the competition....

Aug 10, 2019, 8:41 PM

....and I'm laughing at the cable companies!!!

YoutubeTV, Hulu Live, Sling TV and others have forced cable companies off easy street. For the longest time, they could charge whatever they want, and worse treat there customers like garbage b/c they knew little options were readily available.

If they want to remain relevant, they're gonna have to adapt and actually learn what customer service is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cable companies have it easier than satellite

Aug 10, 2019, 8:56 PM

at least for now. If Google Fiber becomes something that can be done nationwide, cable really is screwed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you

Aug 10, 2019, 8:58 PM

Google Fiber has had a slower time rolling out service here in ATL than projected. It's costing more to, but that would be the only service I would leave YoutubeTV at this time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love the competition....

Aug 10, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to I love the competition.... ]

When I cancelled Directv this week, and later their regional manager from New Jersey called me, I almost made him cry. I informed him that Directv has managed to price themselves out of a changing market, and unless Directv makes significant changes, they will not exist much longer. Being their customer for almost 15 years did not affect my decision to ditch them. I also told them that if they raise my AT&T internet rates too much, then I would address that when I receive their bill, and they would be cancelled too.

Re: I love the competition....

Aug 10, 2019, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I love the competition.... ]

Believe me Cable companies still treat you like crap

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic