Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CWS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

CWS

Jun 18, 2019, 9:23 AM

so....should we as Tiger fans really root for UM to win this thing since their coach has ties to us from when he was on Leggett's staff. Not to mention, if they did win it, Bakich would be the 3rd coach off Legget's staff to win a CWS. Pretty impressive stat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am rooting for any team NOT in the $EC.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:30 AM

It is impressive that two of Leggett's past coaching staff members lead teams to CWS wins, but he hasn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Which could beg the question,

Jun 18, 2019, 9:33 AM

Are Jack's former assistants better because of their experience with him, or was Jack/the Tigers good because of them being on the staff?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Hey 55...

Jun 18, 2019, 9:35 AM

Don't confuse me with baseball riddle today!

TIA.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a wishy-washy answer ...

Jun 18, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Which could beg the question, ]

probably a little of both.

The same could be said of our football staff. Dabo has a very high football IQ, and I think he is a great coach. But, he has definitely surrounded himself with the best staff in college football. And, the important thing, he has kept them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Great questions Salty and my honest answer is "Yes."

Jun 18, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Which could beg the question, ]

It's really too bad he couldn't keep those assistants around but that just isn't the way successful programs usually work. That is, without question, one of the major reasons our football program has been successful obviously. I'm not taking anything away from Dabo by any means. After all he is the guy who sought them out, brought them in, and put them above where most programs would've in terms of pay and responsibility. Hopefully the staff will stick around for many years to come; especially BV. Also we didn't really miss a beat when we brought in new OC's either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic