Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The bottom line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The bottom line

Oct 30, 2013, 10:33 AM

I can't believe all this gloom and doom stuff on here, we are 7-1 and could finish in the top 5. Yes, the FSU game sucked! We can still have a memorable season and could finish it off with a win in Cootville (I HOPE!). After that, a BCS bowl and maybe play another SEC team! Come on! There are a lot of teams that would like to be where we are. This season is still shaping up to be great and the future is bright.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The doom and gloom will continue

Oct 30, 2013, 10:36 AM

Until we beat the coots.

No way around that. Once you're out of NC and ACCC contention, the only bar of success left for the season is the coot game. Sad but true. It's an ugly truth.

Get used to the doom and gloom until we beat them. If we don't beat them, better brace yourselves for what could be the worse melt down in Tnet history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU@theFinishLine is absolutely 100% correct..............

Oct 30, 2013, 11:55 AM

The gloom is primarily in anticipation of another loss to SC. I am guilty of it.

Sadly...for a segemnt of the fan base....

Oct 30, 2013, 10:44 AM

the loss to FSU and the prospect for a national Championship no longer a realistic option, the 2013 season is now a total disappointment and a complete failure. Who knew that anything short of perfection would be unacceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm still holding out for Clem/FSU in the BCS title game...

Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 AM

;)

what?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'll tell you what brother.....

Oct 30, 2013, 10:47 AM

if we make it to that game, I will buy your ticket for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok.... just to be clear....

Oct 30, 2013, 11:01 AM

does it have to be against FSU? or are we talking the MNC game in general?

;) hey... why not

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

If Clemson gets to the BCS title game....

Oct 30, 2013, 11:11 AM

this year I will buy your ticket regardless of the opponent.

to be fair.... I won't hold you to it....

Oct 30, 2013, 11:26 AM

but a nice gesture nonetheless

Re: Sadly...for a segemnt of the fan base....

Oct 30, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Sadly...for a segemnt of the fan base.... ]

Well I have to agree somewhat. I'm not in the boat of some of the idgets dumping on the coaches and all that, But it is a failure IMO. Our goal this season was to win an ACCC and a NC. That's now shot to hell. When you combine it with the likelyhood that this season will be the best chance we have for a quite a few years to compete for a NC, it is a failure. Combine that with the manner in which we were taken out, it is a failure.

I don't think there's any doubt that it's a failure. I just think there's plenty left to play for. If we lose to the coots, you may find me in the same boat with the dumpers. That would make this season an epic failure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might call it a disappointment but certainly not a failure***

Oct 30, 2013, 10:52 AM

Oct 30, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Sadly...for a segemnt of the fan base.... ]

> When you combine it with the likelyhood that
> this season will be the best chance we have for a
> quite a few years to compete for a NC, it is a
> failure.

What makes you say that? What do you see in the talent returning and the talent coming back that makes you believe next season or 2015 should be anything less than 10-2 at a minimum? And if a team is about guaranteed 10-2 then that means there is only 1-2 games needed to swing in the win column to compete for NC.

Why are you predicting some kind drop off after this year?

Oct 30, 2013, 11:09 AM

meant to say "talent coming in"

Oct 30, 2013, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Sadly...for a segemnt of the fan base.... ]

I think it's pretty obvious.

We lose our QB, our top WR, our Top RB, our top 2 OL, Our top DE, 2 of our LB, a CB, our "one of the best in the nation" place kickers, possibly a couple more players if they declare (Bryant might, he has the size and potential to draw attention and with Boyd leaving might find it in his best interest), Anthony could possibly jump....and we may lose our OC....

We will lose 5 to 6 on O, 3 being our best play makers. Our top sacks and TFL leader on D, possibly our top tackler on D, arguably our top CB on D. 2 of our top D players in Shuey and Christian (Shuey will be a big loss), and our top points scorer....

I think our D has a chance to be top 25 next season losing only 4-5 players with tons of talent and young experience behind them. I think D will be ou strong point next season. I think O will take a huge drop off...

2011 was also our best recruiting class under Dabo and they are playing now.

Oct 30, 2013, 11:40 AM

Whenever fans get down on talent leaving and the woes of the next season, all one has to do is point out that Tennessee won a National Championship the year AFTER Peyton left.

Oct 30, 2013, 11:47 AM

who else did they lose?

UNC says hi

Oct 30, 2013, 11:02 AM

Said they'd trade places with us

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

It's all about the dirtpeckers....

Oct 30, 2013, 11:15 AM

Well, most of us watched both teams Saturday and realized that our nightmare that could never happen, losing five in a row to them, most certainly will if some things don't really change in the next few weeks. I don't know your background etc. I've been going to CU games for over 50 years and an IPTAY member for over 30. For folks like us, beating them is PRIORITY ONE, PERIOD. We don't care if Nick Saban and Vince Lombardi are coaching them. We are NOT HAPPY losing to Scar.

Re: It's all about the dirtpeckers....

Oct 30, 2013, 11:23 AM

well said...

Re: It's all about the dirtpeckers....

Oct 30, 2013, 3:06 PM

Agree 100%. That's why most of us are upset/concerned/worried is because the way we are playing right now, we will lose to USC for the fifth year in a row. That's never happened in my lifetime and I'm 43.

Am I happy about the possibility of a third straight year with double digit wins? Yes.

MT

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic