Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy

May 11, 2012, 11:30 PM

Police report says Sammy is Caucasian and a Clemson Spokesman confirmed that Sammy was driving a 1999 Cadillac not a 2008 Cadillac. What are the chances Sammy gets off on a technicality?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst was releasing his personal info like his SSN***

May 11, 2012, 11:40 PM

They would be better off dismissing this case. What a croc?

May 11, 2012, 11:47 PM

Clemson Police, lol.

Re: They would be better off dismissing this case. What a croc?

May 12, 2012, 6:31 AM

Or maybe lose Millions in a law suite

Sammy made the mistake...

May 11, 2012, 11:52 PM

and he should be punished for it. Nobody forced him to get behind the wheel when he was impaired and scrape against the curb. There's no one to blame in this mess but him.

Sammy did make a mistake, but don't make assumptions

May 11, 2012, 11:59 PM

He was arrested for possession not DWI. Don't say he got behind the wheel when he was impaired unless it is a record of fact. That's how rumors get started!

He was pulled over...

May 12, 2012, 12:03 AM

because he scraped the curb. When the police got to the car, they discovered the pot. Maybe he's just not a good driver, but I have a feeling the drugs had something to do with his driving. Sure, people scrape the curb all the time, but it usually isn't an issue unless the police find something else. I'm tired of people sounding like Gamecock fans and trying to blame the police for something that is solely Sammy's fault.

Maybe he isn't a good driver, but again b/c you have a

May 12, 2012, 12:09 AM

feeling drugs had something to do with it doesn't mean it did. By reading the police report it seems the officers were very thorough and never once did they mention any possibility of Sammy being intoxicated during the stop. I've never been in a car accident but I've scraped my car up 5 different times in my life in a driveway or parking lot. Kills me for being so stupidly careless sometimes but that's another story lol. You would not like it if people started saying untruthful things about you and that same respect should be shown towards Sammy, no matter how many people you get tired of!

im not blaming the police for anything, but

May 12, 2012, 12:16 AM [ in reply to He was pulled over... ]

from what i read, the officer said he pulled him over for not only scraping the curb, but because the lights that light up the license plate werent working.

it was both, the plate issue was his excuse to pull him over

May 12, 2012, 3:38 AM

because he suspected sammy was DUI b/c of hitting the curb, then once the windows were down they smelled the pot confirming their suspicions. Do you folks seriously not understand how cops think and justify/rationalize pulling people over? Seriously, you guys aren't this dumb, stop acting like it. Yall berate usc players for the slightest offense then act like morons and play dumb and make asinine excuses when its one of our players. Stop being such hypocrites.

Re: it was both, the plate issue was his excuse to pull him over

May 12, 2012, 7:03 AM

Yes thats what the police said was the 2 reasons for stopping the car Sammy was the driver of
But the police did not charge Sammy with either violation
A good Attorney can prove in any court that no one can be 100% the smell was pot, also the vehicle search is in
doubt of being a legeal search because no traffic violations were issued
In SC Courts you have to have a start to have an end
The pot & Pills could fall in whats called "Fruits Of The Poision Tree"

false false false. 1st you can pull anyone over for any

May 12, 2012, 11:35 AM

reason. 2nd the curb and tag are what's called probable cause. 3rd you don't have to charge the lesser violations to be charged for the larger ones. it's the officers prerogative. i've been pulled over multiple times and given a ticket for one thing and warnings for others or warning for everything. you people can't seriously be this ignorant of how all this works.

Re: it was both, the plate issue was his excuse to pull him over

May 12, 2012, 1:37 PM [ in reply to it was both, the plate issue was his excuse to pull him over ]

I find it quite hypocritical how you have a Hunter S. Thompson quote, then are arguing for someone to get in trouble over pot and pills.

I think pot should be legal, but it is not and Sammy is a

May 12, 2012, 2:26 PM

scholarship athlete at Clemson and not even old enough to drink legally and got caught breaking the law. He is a representative of Clemson. He broke the law. He should be punished for his actions. PTI on the legal side, suspended at least 1 game on the team/school side.

The fact that he said one reason he committed to Clemson was to stay out of trouble. He said where he is from trouble finds you, but at Clemson you have to go looking for trouble, which he did, and got caught.

For once we agree on something.***

May 12, 2012, 3:28 AM [ in reply to He was pulled over... ]

Not sure I'm happy about that***

May 12, 2012, 12:35 PM

Re: He was pulled over...

May 12, 2012, 12:56 PM [ in reply to He was pulled over... ]

More stupid ### posts from Baseball fan... who else is not shocked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An

May 12, 2012, 3:27 AM [ in reply to Sammy did make a mistake, but don't make assumptions ]

DWI & DUI are two different things. And there is no intoxication test for pot like alcohol. But anyone that thinks Sammy was not impaired is in denial. Cops have discretion, prerogative, to charge or not charge each offense. Pot is not beer, there are no age limitations, having ANY pot is illegal. Period. People get busted for pot in cars all the time where they were smoking in the car, but you rarely if ever hear DUI charged, just the possession charge. They have Sammy on possession and narcotics, it would be overkill to add DUI. But do not kid yourself, he was impaired.

Once again Blue Caddy you fail to understand the difference

May 12, 2012, 3:43 AM

between facts and opinions. I have my opinions on what happened and you have yours, but the FACTS are that he wasn't charged with being impaired at the time and nowhere in the police report did they report him to look impaired i.e. bloodshot eyes or something.

So going by the FACTS of the case it would be wreckless of anyone to just start blurting out to everyone that he was driving under the influence. You weren't there, you don't know what happened, and there's way too many "what ifs" you could throw in to counter an argument. b/c of that just be respectful and stick with the facts!

the information in the police report gives ample evidence he

May 12, 2012, 11:38 AM

was impaired, getting charged has nothing to do with anything. cops rarely charge people for multiple violations. esp when some are minor compared to much larger violations.

No, it doesn't.

May 12, 2012, 11:47 AM

Nothing but lies and fantasy from you. Pathetic.

Re: That's just another mistake the cop made.***

May 12, 2012, 12:07 PM [ in reply to the information in the police report gives ample evidence he ]

Re: He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An

May 12, 2012, 7:11 AM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

No one has ever said Sammy was smoking pot
By not charging Sammy with DUI/DWI or any other traffic violations, the courts could find that the police officer had no reason to search the car, Sammy was not under arrest for any thing until the car was searched and the pot was found
Thats like trying to get Fire Ins after the car or house burns down
I'm not trying to say Sammy was not wrong
I am saying the Police Officers did not do every thing 100% right/correct to have any chance to win their case

May 12, 2012, 8:40 AM

He did have probable cause. Both officers said they smelled the pot. That's reason enough. Now, they did make mistakes on the report, so who knows what will happen?

Bottom line, Sammy has publicly apologized. That's an admission of guilt. So, whether this goes to court, or not, Dabo will deal with it as a truthful occurrence. There is going to be a suspension.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It's all moot, 1st offense, no court and lawyers, PTI. But

May 12, 2012, 11:41 AM

there should and will still be team and possibly school punishment.

you are so clueless and ignorant***

May 12, 2012, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

You going to try and dispute anything he said, Faddy, or

May 12, 2012, 11:45 AM

are you simply going to sling baseless, knuckle-dragging personal attacks...which interestingly you say is above you? Speaking of that, didn't you use the word "hypocrite" somewhere in an earlier post? You're not smart.

You're such a little bich, dude.

May 12, 2012, 12:22 PM [ in reply to you are so clueless and ignorant*** ]

You had your username changed because you didn't like that people picked on you.

And now you make ad hominem attacks all the time.

Get a fuggin life, man.

LOL. BAM!! Hammer meet nail!***

May 12, 2012, 12:29 PM

you do not know that. people hit curves all the time

May 12, 2012, 7:30 AM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

denial is one thing. fact is another. it is a fact that you are assuming

May 12, 2012, 7:31 AM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

if I ask politely, will you go away?
Thanks in advance

Re:Being charged and being convicted are two different

May 12, 2012, 10:47 AM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

things. i think the kid can beat the rap.

stop thinking you're wrong. besides he'll take PTI***

May 12, 2012, 11:42 AM

Can't be a PTI if the case is thrown out...

May 12, 2012, 11:55 AM

Yet again with you - the lights are on but no one is home.

LOL. You're a joke.

May 12, 2012, 11:18 AM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

You have zero basis for saying he was impaired. Scraping a curb with a tire is not evidence of impairment. The arresting officer did not make a single reference to impairment after reviewing the situation and questioning Sammy and the passenger. The police did not confirm any suspicions. Saying Sammy was impaired is merely a figment of your twisted imagination and typical coot desperation.

Furthermore, you say people here are being hypocrites. You referred to "yall". Can you show anyone who has "berated" one of your players but is taking an opposite stance with Sammy? Anyone at all, Faddy? Didn't think so. Yet again your twisted imagination is getting away from you.

Thirdly, everyone knows the most damning thing about your school and it's incidents is the sheer volume of those incidents. Of course it's unacceptable to break laws and whatnot, but the thing that separates us from you is the massive volume of events coming out of your program, the utter lack of discipline, and the lack of any real punishment in those cases.

go talk to a few cops genius***

May 12, 2012, 11:43 AM

Is that the best comeback you have? Really??

May 12, 2012, 11:46 AM

Why do you subject yourself to further embarrassment?

You have no shame, none at all. Pathetic.

Re: go talk to a few cops genius***

May 17, 2012, 3:01 PM [ in reply to go talk to a few cops genius*** ]

Rather talk with Attorneys & Judges who have to correct what some police do. Yes I know personally City, County, State & Federal Officers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If scraping a tire against a curb is evidence of DWI

May 12, 2012, 2:28 PM [ in reply to LOL. You're a joke. ]

then my wife must be a fuggin' heroin every time she gets behind the wheel.

Seriously, Mrs. Tigerdon, stop it.

I thought dui and dwi were the same thing, but

May 12, 2012, 12:58 PM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

some states use dui, while others use dwi. In SC, DUI used, I think

Read ...

May 12, 2012, 2:28 PM

http://www.duivsdwi.org/

May 12, 2012, 1:06 PM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired. An ]

Exactly and he WAS NOT CHARGED WITH EITHER OF THOSE are you really this big of a mouth breathing moron that you cant grasp that simple fact.

null

go to the clemson pd and read the stack of last night's

May 12, 2012, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Sammy did make a mistake, but don't make assumptions ]

arrest reports (they are public record, just ask for them) and you'll find several mistakes in the reports. That's the same for arrest reports at stations everywhere, but those mistakes do not necessarily warrant a case dismissal. Just because the officer supposedly listed Watkins as white does not mean his case qualifies for dismissal. If cases were dismissed based on police officers' mistakes on arrest reports do you realize how many criminals would be set free? A lot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: go to the clemson pd and read the stack of last night's

May 17, 2012, 3:05 PM

The police officers are trained and paid to be correct 100% of the time no room for error

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The report did not indicate that he was impaired.

May 12, 2012, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Sammy made the mistake... ]

Let's not make it worse than it really was!

He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired.***

May 12, 2012, 3:21 AM

Re: He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired.***

May 12, 2012, 6:52 AM

Who said he smoked pot?
Why was he not charged for Reckless Driving when the car hit the curb?
Why was he not charged with DUI if he was impaired?

pay attention, the coot just said it and you replied

May 12, 2012, 11:33 AM

coots are arrested all the time, they know about these things

Maybe he smoked the pot after hitting the curb?

May 12, 2012, 11:50 AM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired.*** ]

LOL at you. You're about as sharp as a marble.

The only thing that's true there is he hit a curb

May 12, 2012, 12:24 PM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired.*** ]

I just hit a curb yesterday in my car going through the Zaxby's drive through. Doesn't mean I was impaired.

Re: He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired.***

May 12, 2012, 12:54 PM [ in reply to He smoked pot in the car, he hit a curb, he was impaired.*** ]

Ah see you are assuming. Which is only making an ### of yourself.

null

Re: Sammy made the mistake...

May 12, 2012, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Sammy made the mistake... ]

baseball fan

Die-Hard [8006]
TigerPulse: 68%

Followers: 3
Sammy made the mistake... [2]
Posted: May 11, 2012 11:52 PM Reply

and he should be punished for it. Nobody forced him to get behind the wheel when he was impaired and scrape against the curb. There's no one to blame in this mess but him.

Who has ever said he was impaired?
If he had been or if the Police Officer thought they
had a slim chance of charing Sammy with DUI they would
have
He was not charged with DUI, reckless driving or
failure to display tag
No traffic violations which was given as a cause/reason to stop
Yes IF Sammy were to want to challenge the simple possession and the pills that no one knows what they were
SC courts have dismissed cases for anyone of these reason
Remember every said OJ was guilty because the police said he did,. but the jury said no he was not
Any Attorney with 1 day out of law school could win this case
In todays courts its not about if someone who is charged is guilty or not guilty
It's about if the Police did every thing 100% correct
They are the one's who are being paid to make sure it's done right
Like it or not that's the system--"Reasonable Doubt"

LMBOOOOOOOOOOOO!

May 12, 2012, 8:43 AM

Son, this ain't Califreakinfornia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said it was?***

May 12, 2012, 12:25 PM

May 12, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Sammy made the mistake... ]

And so ddi the arresting officers.

So they should get away with their #### ups also?

Clemson cops are a joke. Always have been.

null

May 12, 2012, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Sammy made the mistake... ]

If Leggett was in this position you'd be defending him to your death

You know what happens when you assume

May 12, 2012, 12:24 AM

Those curbs on campus are right up on the road. As painful as it is for me to admit it, I have scraped them a couple of times. Plus, everyone I have ever talked to about them driving impaired, they were overly cautious. Doesn't sound like Sammy's driving to me. There is NO mention in the report of him being impaired so do not start rumors. Use only the facts

Re: You know what happens when you assume

May 12, 2012, 1:27 AM

Baseball Fan, we all know Sammy made a mistake having weed and Aderal in his car. Innocent until Proven Guilty and there are guidelines and procedures that the Police must follow correctly and when they are not, cases can be thrown out or dismissed due to technicalities. So, if Sammy can have his charges dropped, then perhaps he won't be suspended a game or two? We really don't even know if the weed and pills were his or the passengers.

You sound like a Gamecock...

May 12, 2012, 1:56 AM

but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I guess it really IS all about winning and not doing the right thing. It's cool to ridicule SC when its players screw up, but heaven forbid anything happen when a Clemson player screws up. Is that your mentality? Sammy Watkins should be suspended AT LEAST one game just for being arrested, regardless of the outcome of the legal case. As a high-profile college athlete, more is expected of him that is expected of "regular students". Along with the adulation and publicity that comes from his success ON the field comes a commensurate responsibility to do the right thing OFF the field. I hope Clemson sends a very strong message to its current and future players that they are expected to behave a certain way and when they don't, there are consequences.

If I were HC he'd get 2 maybe 3 games and you can bet there

May 12, 2012, 3:42 AM

would be few problems by him or anyone in the future. Send a very strong message that no one is too big to not have the boom lowered on and you make a statement players, recruits, fans, and the media hear loud and clear.

Re: I am glad that you are not the AD and it is not because

May 12, 2012, 12:15 PM

of the punishment that you just outlined. We need an AD with some common sense, which in my opinion, you are lacking.

Re: If I were HC he'd get 2 maybe 3 games and you can bet there

May 12, 2012, 2:03 PM [ in reply to If I were HC he'd get 2 maybe 3 games and you can bet there ]

lol you are one dumb sob

null

Re: The law is the law. If you can beat it then do it. Dabp

May 12, 2012, 10:49 AM [ in reply to You sound like a Gamecock... ]

should bust his butt anyway.

Re: CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy

May 12, 2012, 6:51 AM

Say he does get off because of a technicality.That's only the legal side of the issue.
There is still the issue of Sammy the"student athlete".Now it is doubtful that he would be kicked out of school,or off the team because of a first time offense,but Dabo faces a much tougher issue than Sammy.If Dabo wants to be taken seriously as a HC,then he has to let Sammy,and the team know this kind of behavior "will not" be tolerated.
I have said all along that some type of suspension needs to be doled out,and I stick with my gun saying Sammy should serve a one game suspension,and it needs to be the Auburn game.

May 12, 2012, 7:19 AM

Dabo will be firm and fair with Sammy
Yes I'm sure there will be many on here that will be
up-set with what ever Dabo may or may not do
Question for all on t-net who keep wanting to talk about this case
If it were you or your son what would you want Dabo to do? Just think for a minute what would you think was fair

May 12, 2012, 7:45 AM

Fair.
Suspend him for the Auburn game,then go on with the season.
It took me less than a minute to type this!

I'd suspend hime for 2 games.

May 12, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy ]

That way, he gets more than a game suspension, but still has a game to get adusted to the game speed before FSU.

Seems fair to me. Especially for a first time offense for something as trivial as marijuana.

leftie!!! You got a point from me.

May 12, 2012, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy ]

You are exactly right in this case. Sammy has made a public apology. That is an admission of guilt. Dabo will discipline him. I'm betting a two-game suspension--first and second games.

Re:If he gets off on a technicality, I would not suspend him

May 12, 2012, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy ]

for any games but he would certainly pay a price. It will not happen but I would have no problem with Dabo taking his scholarship. Just, maybe, we can get someone's attention.

Re:If he gets off on a technicality, I would not suspend him

May 12, 2012, 10:55 AM

wow you should change you handle from peanut to goober.

Re: There is only one goober on this board and that is

May 12, 2012, 12:17 PM

you, Mr. Know It All. You are one big dumb ###.

Re: There is only one goober on this board and that is

May 12, 2012, 12:30 PM

I'm having to do with roberts here. It's dumb as hell to take a scholarship from your best player.

Don't you know that means he leave the program? We let a future top 10 draft pick leave because of a first time marijuana offense?

I don't know dude. That does sound kid of gooberish.

Re: I'll leave that up to Mr. Dabo and the administration.

May 12, 2012, 12:39 PM

That is what they get paid for. I would not object either way. If we have the dope problem, that students and former students say that we have at CU, then they should put some teeth in. Personally, I don't think the problem is any where near as bad as reported. I believe it is just a bunch of immature students reporting this.

Get Real

May 12, 2012, 7:30 AM

I am as die hard a Tiger fan as you will find and wish like crazy that Sammy played superman in every game.

However.

Sammy did something wrong... no matter what the legal system does, he will be punished by the coaches. At minimum a game.

Re: Get Real

May 12, 2012, 7:55 AM

his problem is with the Athletic dept not a misdemeanor with the police

Re: Get Real

May 12, 2012, 8:41 AM

If Sammy is Exonerated of the criminal charges
Dabo's firm might be softer than expected
I trust Dabo in knowing how to be firm and fair with Sammy

Re:Dabo can let him off or throw him off the team. I have

May 12, 2012, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Get Real ]

no problem with either. It's his team and he has been hired to run it. Let him do what he sees fit. It will all fall on him anyway.

May 12, 2012, 8:52 AM

I could care less about any technicalities that happened on the report. Sammy screwed up. Sammy needs to accept the deserved punishment, which he has stated that he will. Nothing else should really matter.

There is nothing on the planet that can change this, and CLEMSON got a black eye that will haunt our entire team for the entire season. EVERY analyst will mention/discuss this the entire season. We will still hear about it when we go to the bowl game. Nothing will change that - so let's just move on.

"No excuse sir" - is all we should hear.

May 12, 2012, 8:59 AM

I do not care what others think or say about the Tigers, Sammy or Dabo
Some are going to say and think what every they want to no matter what happens
Dabo has shown and proven he is not out to please every one, one of the reasons I like him and support him, he has back bone

We'll hear about it the game/games which Sammy is suspended

May 12, 2012, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy ]

And that's it. Not a black eye on Clemson. Don't be so dramatic. I agree with rest of your post though.

Re:Dabo needs to do what he thinks is right. Screw the

May 12, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: CU Police made several mistakes with Sammy ]

analysts. Most people don't even know who they are.

May 12, 2012, 10:46 AM

please no one commit on smoking pot unless you have done so. not quite impaired like alcohol, you just drive slower.

May 12, 2012, 12:33 PM

I know right.

You can clearly tell that most of the people who talk about pot have never smoked it. That's not a bad thing...but a lot of the stuff I'm hearing is quite ignorant.

I guess that's just the hippie side of me ;)

Seriously, I expect a suspension for Sammy. Dabo has no other choice. But for the love of Pete I wish people would stop saying ignorant things about pot and "being impaired"

With Dabo and his mama?

May 12, 2012, 10:48 AM

What a judge will do with Sammy is the least of his problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic