Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID is a Huge Pain in the ####...This Social Distancing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,098

COVID is a Huge Pain in the ####...This Social Distancing

Apr 9, 2020, 5:21 PM

and Economic impact suck. We are doing this proactively to prevent some 50k-100k deaths from becoming 250k+. Imagine if other "preventable" deaths could be avoided like:

1) Smoking Related 480k/year
2) Driving Under Influence 10k/year
3) Texting and Driving 5k/year

The nation is making a choice to fight this fight and we are to some degree guessing on treatments and prevention. On these other three (I'm sure there are others) we know 100% what it would take to stop them, yet we willingly accept deaths from these demons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID is a Huge Pain in the ####...This Social Distancing

Apr 9, 2020, 6:07 PM

I would be all for a ban on cigs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not cigars though, right?***

Apr 9, 2020, 9:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The big difference is...

Apr 9, 2020, 6:13 PM

Smoking, DUI, and texting and driving are not contagious.

Re: The big difference is...

Apr 9, 2020, 6:21 PM

mechanic said:

Smoking, DUI, and texting and driving are not contagious.

Tell that to the people killed by someone DUI or texting and driving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All Of Them Drive Adverse Social Consequences Including

Apr 9, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to The big difference is... ]

Unwanted Death and Injury to Others. Smoking drives second hand smoke and healthcare costs. I think the analogy is rock solid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but it's now become PC to not speak about obesity. It's

Apr 9, 2020, 6:45 PM

now called "fat shaming". Obesity is now considered more detrimental to your overall health than smoking. You can google it. Hel1, I've always known that. Just common sense. I've still got 2 uncles in their 90's who have smoked since they were about 12. And I've known a lot of folks like that thru the years. But how many 250-300 pounders have I known that made it to that age? Zero point zero. But smokers are openly ridiculed and all the fat people get a pass...

Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, knee & foot surgery from the stress on their joints... check, check, check, check. Always sick, always out of wrork.

True story. A company I worked at recently started making you sign an affidavit that you were a non-smoker or you'd have to pay a premium for health insurance. The HR people leading this presentation were all fat. I made the comment under my breath - I bet they don't have to sign an affidavit that they'll back away from the buffet and eat a salad every now & again. Someone heard it, and I got called into an office to discuss my attitude. LOL

I swear this is true. A month later both elevators in our office were down for maintenance. You had to take the stairs for our office on the 4th floor. One of these HR whales turned around and said - I'll just work from home today. She didn't even want to tackle 4 flights of stairs. I'm 63 and smoked since I was 15, and I can run up those stairs 4 at a time. She's maybe 30 and no way she lives to be my age.

Just saying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: Yeah, but it's now become PC to not speak about obesity. It's

Apr 9, 2020, 8:33 PM

Not to mention back issues. Don't know the numbers and there are exceptions, but it's definitely got to be prevalent in obesity. They're a ton of reasons South Korea has one of the lowest per capita death rate from c19 but being at the top of one of the thinnest nations will be proven to be a factor.

Good article from a couple years ago. https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/392144-north-korea-is-not-americas-biggest-threat-childhood-obesity-is?amp

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 7:04 PM

I filed 2 of your posts today in my dumbest posts of the year folder. I will find no joy in bumping these later. But congrats, 2 in 1 day is an accomplishment.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a Shame That IGAF But Thanks For Playing***

Apr 9, 2020, 8:40 PM

Apr 9, 2020, 7:22 PM

https://images2.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED54/52b3c3c227203.jpeg

Apr 9, 2020, 8:56 PM

What about driving while Chinese? Ironic huh? Have you seen asian drivers?

I kid, I kid.... ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic