Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COACHES TO BE FIRED AFTER THIS SEASON
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

COACHES TO BE FIRED AFTER THIS SEASON

Jul 20, 2014, 11:03 AM

While looking at Clemson's Schedule I think that about 3 coaches will lose their jobs at the end of the season when Clemson is done destroying them.

UGA - Mark Richt: I say this because if Clemson comes in and dominates UGA in between the hedges then things could get really ugly for Coach Richt. The justifying cause would be back to back lack luster seasons that had high expectations. If an ACC school wins by a large margin then the folks in Athens will put a UHAUL Truck in Mark's front yard.

Georgia Tech - Paul Johnson: I believe that his days have been numbered for a long time. A blocking scheme in which your offensive line flops on the ground is not doing much these days. You can only run the Triple Option so many times before you will actually need a passing game to be effective. GT has not had much of a passing game to really be considered a threat to anyone. Due to the offensive scheme remaining the same for so long, many WR and passing QB do not commit to GT. So Paul Johnson is a little too late to save his job at GT. They do not have anyone on the team to change up the offensive scheme. Thus, they will be ineffective against any team with a semi-decent defense.

South Carolina - Steve Spurrier: I say this because the Gamecock fan base is delusional and has become accustomed to winning over Clemson. High expectations lead to a bigger disappointment when met with a loss. The only reason why Spurrier has kept his job for this long is due to a false hope of winning an SEC title and the short lived success he's had against Clemson. Once they see that he is no longer effective then I believe he will be forced into retirement or fired.

Any thoughts on this?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: COACHES TO BE FIRED AFTER THIS SEASON

Jul 20, 2014, 11:22 AM

Richt - loss to Clemson, SC could put him in a tailspin where he'd have to run the table.

Johnson- days are numbered.

Spurrier - won't be fire, but he'll quit if he thinks the program is slipping. but your logic of high expectations leading to bigger disappointment also goes w/ Dabo if he loses again to the Coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incoming Chesty!

Jul 20, 2014, 11:23 AM

Well, now the world knows what the focus of Walt Deptula's Monday show will be. You have done the unthinkable and profaned the son of God (Paul Johnson) by stating that he will be fired. Next to Bill Snyder (God), Walt Deptula thinks that Paul Johnson is the greatest football coach to ever walk the face of the Earth.

Re: Incoming Chesty!

Jul 20, 2014, 11:35 AM

Well, I am expecting to be fire bombed by the media for this. (SARCASM)

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jul 20, 2014, 11:41 AM

The problem with getting rid of Paul Johnson is that his triple option offense is the only thing keeping Georgia Tech afloat. He has recruited so poorly that anybody they bring it will have a tough several years of losing seasons before they can rebuild with better QBa and WRs not to mention a talent upgrade across the whole defense.

Booby Petrino

Jul 20, 2014, 11:43 AM

For getting caught scrooling the mares at Loul-vul...

Richt maybe. It depends mostly on SEC performance

Jul 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

If they loose only to Clemson and Auburn, for example, I doubt anyone will be pushing Richt out.

Can GT afford to cut Johnson loose? If they could have it seems they would have by now.

I have no clue on SCar. Since they have never tasted championships does it really matter? Maybe. I don't know many fans.

Spurrier will

Jul 20, 2014, 11:47 AM

never be fired.

He has a job at usc until he gets tired of coaching.

He's Bobby Bowden Part Deaux.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Spurrier will

Jul 20, 2014, 12:04 PM

Richt is on the hot seat it seems a lot lately , at least to his unadoring fans. If Clemson wins but they beat Scar , he will be fine .
Paul Johnson should be fired before the season , it is difficult to imagine how that scheme is going to improve their Coastal/ACC aspirations now that Miami/UNC have upgraded their coaching and schemes.
SpurOtis walks on water in Columbia. That uberDoosh could lose the next 5 to Clemson and never even sniff the hotseat . Anything that they fail at is never Steve's fault ...are you kidding me ? If the Coots fail to win the east again (and that is a near certainty) and fail to get to the SEC championship game (a lock) Otis will have many bus passes available for his staff and certain players of his ...and remember , one doesn't simply get onto Steve Spurrier's bus ...one is to be thrown under it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 20, 2014, 11:57 AM

Spurrier will not be fired

Spurrier will retire himself after one lackluster season....

Jul 20, 2014, 12:33 PM

Spurrier will never get fired at SCU, but first down season they have, Spurrier will retire to go golf on Augusta National.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 12:42 PM

I agree with Richt and Johnson but not the sack. The only way sack remotely sniffs the hot seat is if the wheels completely fall off and the Coots win only 1 game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 12:47 PM

It has happened to other coaches... Let us not forget two whole seasons without a win for USuCk just a decade ago. I do not believe Clemson has ever had such a bad season.

~Chesty Puller

Jul 20, 2014, 1:41 PM

> It has happened to other coaches... Let us not forget
> two whole seasons without a win for USuCk just a
> decade ago. I do not believe Clemson has ever had
> such a bad season.

LOL true. And it'd sure be nice if the wheels did fall off for the Coots wouldn't it? All would be well with the world again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe PJ...

Jul 20, 2014, 1:26 PM

but the coots wouldn't dare fire SOS. I think the UGAy fans will be sorely pizzed that they lose at home to a basketball conference team. However when we finish with only a loss (in a close game) to FSU they'll know that they had a good season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Johnson ... More Likely London at UVA

Jul 20, 2014, 2:19 PM

Richt will walk away when he's not winning. Spurrier? Who knows? Not me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic