Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation

May 18, 2019, 8:54 AM

WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation

Clemson running back Tavien Feaster spoke with 7 Sports about his upcoming transfer to another football program for his final year of eligibility. "I kinda know Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation

May 18, 2019, 9:39 AM

The most disappointing thing about him considering U5C is the #28. That was not something that should be taken lightly and him going to a rival is a betrayal of that trust IMO. At the end of the day he has to take care of himself though. Any other number and it's all cool.

But it is what it is and I'm glad he came here and wish he would stay. I think he's making a mistake as he should absorb the snaps that Choice left.

I hope he chooses wisely. Even being the #1 back for a team doesn't mean you'll get more production and NFL eyes on you than at Clemson. IMO he would probably get 650-800 yards rushing and 100-200 receiving this year at Clemson. I doubt he gets that elsewhere.

I'm done.

May 18, 2019, 9:42 AM

I have moved on too!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I second that.***

May 18, 2019, 3:31 PM

Any former Clemson player

May 18, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation ]

That transfers and attends Sakerlina should have their name removed from every record, box score, tribute video, etc. When that name is in writing or typeset it should be replaced with "future defendant". In video, the uniform edited to black and white stripe with cartoon bars in front of them for the duration.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation ]

I think he wants to play where he can catch more passes. As you recall probably a third of his yards in high school came from receptions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation ]

Stanford and Michigan seem like good landing spots for him. The Cardinal doesn’t have a successor to Bryce Love and the Wolverines’ RB room is a mess. Also ESPN is always on Michigan’s nuts, which means he’ll get more exposure than at Carolina. Both Stanford and Michigan have weapons too. But it’s too bad for him that neither are on his radar. And I couldn’t blame him for not considering Michigan, who wants to play for someone as crazy as Harbaugh?

The team he describes he wants to go to sounds like ...

May 18, 2019, 9:56 AM

Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The team he describes he wants to go to sounds like ...

May 18, 2019, 10:00 AM

Seriously...

And if ETN got hurt Feaster would get like 150 yards per game even giving some to LJD.

May 18, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to The team he describes he wants to go to sounds like ... ]

Exactly! Sure sounds like Clemson would be a great fit!

But i will say this, i have been very disappointed, and said it often, in the playcalling for Feaster not giving him enough opportunity to catch the ball. I saw ETN drop several passes last year and you don't see that with Feaster. Word is he has great hands and that is why he is a little disappointed with opportunity and playcalling.

Wish he would stay, always liked him, even back to HS he was pretty humble guy. I don't see him going to Coots, as he knows they have zero chance of being a winning program next yr.

May 18, 2019, 3:14 PM

It doesn’t sound like winning is his concern at all. The interview made it clear, it’s about him, him and him. I really don’t care, but wish he would not have worn #28. CJ did not mind sharing the rock with JD. DW served #4 well, but this has turned out very different.

May 18, 2019, 9:52 PM

Pretty sure when CJ played with Davis that he still averaged more than 6 touches a game. Maybe I am wrong tho.

May 21, 2019, 2:12 AM

CJ’s talent forced that issue. Feaster’s does not. CJ never complained. Feaster has complained for two years to all who would listen. Instead of working harder, he wanted more touches handed to him. Very millennial of him. I’m from Spartanburg, and I’m ashamed of Feaster. He wants more touches, outwork ETN. Instead, he threatened transferring. It didn’t work. So, he is going to. Good riddance. You bought shame to the 28. I hope you do go to the coots. And, can’t wait to see our defense rip you up. He’s a two year NFL player at best. He will bounce from team to team. Because they will give him a shot. He isn’t Gallman, and he can barely hold a spot at NY. He has a bright future as a Honda salesmen at Brooks Honda in Spartanburg S.C.! You don’t pitch a fit to wear the holy 28, and take a dump in it!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The team he describes he wants to go to sounds like ... ]

Pretty sure when CJ played with Davis that he still averaged more than 6 touches a game. Maybe I am wrong tho.

May 18, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The team he describes he wants to go to sounds like ... ]

Absolutely correct. probably could be said for any 5 or more year, transfer. It's just about getting the reps that might get them drafted. It's not a team sport at that point, winning . . blah. I just want to look good. Thats is it.

This guy keeps digging deeper & deeper

May 18, 2019, 10:29 AM

He apparently is getting a lot of pressure from someone outside of Clemson telling him all that he wants to hear and dumping on Dabo. Parents? Players? Posse? IDK, but he is clueless the best I can tell on what he wants.

Sounds a lot like...

May 18, 2019, 11:43 AM

you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Blessed irony here

May 18, 2019, 7:24 PM

Anytime, anything, anywhere YOU post just proves that you're absolutely clueless from womb to grave. Might be a good idea to quit proving it daily in the 200 or so stupid posts you put up daily that have ZERO purpose.

Wonder how CJ Spiller feels about #28 going out like this.

May 18, 2019, 11:00 AM

He said he wanted it to be on hold until his kid played at Clemson. But he gave his blessing for this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder how CJ Spiller feels about #28 going out like this.

May 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

Same here. It was my understanding that CJ had taken TF under his wing and was providing some solid advice and mentoring. Makes you wonder if that is still happening? It really doesn’t matter what the rest of us think about him wearing #28 but I would love to know what CJ is thinking.

CJ is pure class I'm sure he is okay with it***

May 18, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Wonder how CJ Spiller feels about #28 going out like this. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being class doesn’t mean you condone everything.***

May 18, 2019, 9:03 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booo. Please stop posting about transfers.

May 18, 2019, 11:11 AM

Once they've decided to leave, wish them well and move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Luck Tavien and that’s all I have to say about that.

May 18, 2019, 11:18 AM

Said sincerely with no sarcasm. The young man may simply want a change especially being from SC. He seems to have done everything right including planning his next step in life.

I wonder if some nagging injuries impacted his performance at times.

Re: Good Luck Tavien and that’s all I have to say about that.

May 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

Seeing him as all world in HS, I must say I was expecting the same at Clemson.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don’t Post about Transfers.....

May 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

I agree 110%.......once they decide to leave, regardless of the reason, I’m done with them. I wish them luck but if they don’t want to stay an be a TIGER.....the h@&& with’em!!!!!
I guess I will never understand that mentality so please don’t try to explain it to me. I’m not made from the DNA that understands “not wanting to be part of The Clemson Brotherhood and Family” and playing, in any capacity, for a Team and Coaching unit like we have at Clemson. Not to even mention our amazing Fan base.
Ok.....said my piece....moving on and looking for another amazing Season.....
Go Tigers....I’m forever FAITHFUL!!!!! ??????

Re: Please don’t Post about Transfers.....

May 23, 2019, 3:20 AM

I agree, why go to Carolina! Carolina will not even win their division let alone a bowl game, they are a waste! He needs to stay on the winning side(Clemson). I do not understand why players want to transfer when they are on a winning team! I would not leave, wait his turn, he will get a chance to shine on the field, but Carolina? Not in this life time. TF, do not became a chicken! Forever a TIGER!!!

"People get caught up in WINNING, but at the same time, I

May 18, 2019, 11:35 AM

had my personal goals I wanted to reach..." really tells you all you need to know...Good Luck with that TF

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "People get caught up in WINNING, but at the same time, I

May 18, 2019, 12:14 PM

Haven't wanted to say it to avoid getting tarred and feathered LOL

But...if he does end up going to SC like it's starting to seem like he might and ends up going OFF on us in some kind of insane performance due to emotions, skill obviously, getting to practice against our D EVERY day and since D will be a bunch of youngin's...and they somehow end up beating us given a 'perfect storm' (especially if fivehead ends up playing 10x better than he ever should cuz he's facing us like he did last year too) and game taking place @ Cola etc etc etc...d@mn :P

Kid might end up being the most hated Clemson grad in history :(

Re: "People get caught up in WINNING, but at the same time, I

May 21, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to "People get caught up in WINNING, but at the same time, I ]

Nothing wrong with setting personal goals.

Did Tavien her a draft grade this year? I totally get trying to take

May 18, 2019, 11:42 AM

care of yourself, ESPECIALLY as he has earned a degree. But you don’t have to be THE starter on the National Championship team to show your skills.

Also, I understand that fans see the game differently from players, but even still, leaving to play for the Gamecocks is a bad look. If that’s the move, I hope their situation is SIGNIFICANTLY better than any other one for him. And honestly I don’t see how that can be.

Regardless, good luck to him. I hope he finds what he is looking for. Two time national champ and Clemson graduate. That’s a great list of accomplishments in three years.

null

Re: Did Tavien her a draft grade this year? I totally get trying to take

May 18, 2019, 10:31 PM

Hopefully he is smart enough not to go to S.C. and burn all of his bridges with Clemson alumni as that is what would happen. Not so great for your connections as you enter the job market outside the NFL if you do not make it.

Mind you I think Tavien could be a solid NFL back up. I do not think he will start in the NFL.

No issue with the decision as long as he does not play for SC. I did love the Alabama comment though.

He’d do well at OU with Hurts and the OL

May 18, 2019, 11:44 AM

against some crappy defenses.

Wish him well.***

May 18, 2019, 11:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 18, 2019, 12:26 PM

I get why he wants to leave. He's graduated and has been a little bit of an underachiever. Not only is he the 2nd string RB, he's actually like the 5th best offensive weapon on this team - behind a 1st round RB, QB and 2 likely WR's. Not all of them are going to be Christians and Clelins.

Sorry to see him go. Hope he does well wherever. (Right up until he meets Clemson on the field). When guys like Tavien signed, they thought they were guaranteed 3 year starters. Sorry, not anymore. CLemson is now a recruiting juggernaut. Our Freshman recruits are better than some of the guys that have been here 2 or 3 years already.(looking at YOU KB). Don't like it? Then get you butt over to Second Choice U and be the best player at the Tuffy Muffler Bowl next December.

May 18, 2019, 6:22 PM

He doesn’t graduate until August. How dies that work out? He won’t be at his new school until he gets his diploma.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 18, 2019, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Tavien Feaster talks about his transfer situation ]

Maybe he should go join kb in Mizzou. What if kb is the saboteur?!?!?!

Decision is 80% Financial 20% Pride

May 18, 2019, 1:20 PM

Not sure if it’s the best decision but we never know until we choose a path in life. I hold no ill will toward TF and truly wish him nothing but success!

TF will always be a Tiger!

Good luck and Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decision is 80% Financial 20% Pride

May 18, 2019, 5:46 PM

There is something we don't know (with Shaq too). Any evaluation of the decisions without the complete pictureis to summarize the obvious.

May 18, 2019, 4:15 PM

Tough situation for a highly touted recruit. Early on, TF seemed timid and not liking contact, especially between the tackles. The next year, ETN comes in and hits those same holes like a bolt of lightening, and I’d bet it then starts to become obvious to TF he was going to take a backseat. I’m no prophet, but i think the odds are not in his favor for a long career in the NFL. His speed will be matched on the next level and his toughness will be even more exposed. Let’s wish the guy the best, though, and cheer him on.

May 18, 2019, 10:35 PM

Unless he chooses S.C. Then he will be seen as a traitor by most Clemson fans.

Don't see how he can become a featured RB on a quality team

May 18, 2019, 11:42 PM

joining that team in August. Not realistic. Those quality teams have veteran RBs, who will not be excited about yielding playing time to a newcomer. Has he thought about that?

If he is an NFL talent, he could get there from Clemson.

If he wants to rack up tons on yards, he need to go to a smaller school with a good OL.

There's no ME in T-E-A-M!

May 20, 2019, 10:02 AM

Wait

wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

May 21, 2019, 7:42 AM

I totally understand Feaster's desire to transfer, but I can only hope that he is getting some really great advice as to where to land. I can see him making a huge mistake if he does not make an almost perfect choice on his next team. He might disappear from the landscape if he chooses wrong, and his career will suffer a lot. I wish him well and appreciate what he has done for CLEMSON.

As for the coots being a choice, I'm sure that every CLEMSON fan that chooses to disrespect him, there will be several UofSuc fans that welcome him. Try to put yourself in his shoes and know that you need to make a living and are looking for the best opportunity to do just that. Would you want someone preventing you from getting your next job? I've had that happen to me, and it's not a fun thing to endure, or ever forget.

Hope he does not pick the Shamecocks

May 23, 2019, 2:49 AM

who in their right mind would go play for the Carolina, Clemson's rival at that! This selection has GOT to be a joke! I hope he goes else where or Clemson players will never let him forget it on the field! Please any other college but Carolina! GO TIGERS!! P.A.W!

Hope he does not pick the Shamecocks

May 23, 2019, 2:50 AM

Who in their right mind would go play for the Carolina, Clemson's rival at that! This selection has GOT to be a joke! I hope he goes else where or Clemson players will never let him forget it on the field! Please any other college but Carolina! GO TIGERS!! P.A.W!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic