Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Playoff Semifinal Times Set
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,213

CFB Playoff Semifinal Times Set

Mar 7, 2016, 12:26 PM

IRVING, Texas – Bill Hancock, Executive Director of the College Football Playoff (CFP), today announced that this year’s Playoff Semifinals, at the Fiesta Bowl and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Saturday, December 31, will begin at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern time on ESPN. Additionally, the Capital One Orange Bowl game will be Friday night, December 30, also on ESPN.

Last year’s semifinal games began at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.

“As we committed earlier this year, we have looked at the landscape for the upcoming season and are confident that this change will make it easier for more fans to watch the games on television and also will benefit fans who will attend the games in person,” Hancock said. “The semifinals will be played on Saturday for the first time. The Capital One Orange Bowl will be in an evening time slot, which is its tradition.”

On selection day, Sunday, December 4, the College Football Playoff will determine the sequence of the semifinals.

The Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual and Allstate Sugar Bowl will be played as scheduled on Monday, January 2, the traditional date in years when January 1 falls on a Sunday.

“The first two years have shown us that the playoff is extremely popular with fans and that we successfully struck an appropriate balance creating a new event while maintaining the great traditions that have enabled college football to hold such an important place in the country’s culture,” Hancock said.

“When the playoff was created, we intended to respect tradition while growing the game and the fan base. That will continue to be an important element of our focus in the future.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a Hot-lanta New Year's Eve Celebration... I'll

Mar 7, 2016, 12:54 PM

be there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't

Mar 7, 2016, 1:00 PM

send OU to Dallas

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson would probably go to Arizona again, not ATL

Mar 7, 2016, 1:03 PM

which would be a shame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't

Mar 7, 2016, 1:16 PM [ in reply to They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't ]

I see your reasoning. I plan on keeping me fingers crossed for the Peach bowl.

They absolutely will send us to ATL if we are ranked #1

Mar 7, 2016, 1:19 PM [ in reply to They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't ]

The highest ranked team gets the closest geographic location and home designation. That is why we were given Miami and not Dallas. If we are undefeated and #1, then we will be given ATL as a playoff site with a home designation.

They didn't send OU to dallas b/c they were ranked #4 and had to play us.

Re: They will NOT send us to ATL if we are ranked #1

Mar 7, 2016, 1:26 PM

That is where cooking the rankings comes in. If we are #1, which I hope for but doubt, then there is NO way we end up in Atlanta. No way MSU should have been 3 over OU last year. Watch for something similar this year whether we are in the final 4 or not. Alabama was NOT going to play OU, who had kicked their rear a couple of years back. I guarantee there were talks behind the scenes to put MSU at 3 instead of OU. I am sure they picked on the Texas loss to OU over the miracle wins for MSU. Just my 2 cents. Hope we are so strong a #1 they have no choice in the matter but we will see in December.

Thump a Top 5 or better FSU in Tally as the #1... Done.***

Mar 7, 2016, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im all for a good conspiracy theory but the CFP ain't that

Mar 7, 2016, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: They will NOT send us to ATL if we are ranked #1 ]

If we finish this year #1 we will play in the Peach Bowl just like we played in Miami last season as it was geographically closer than Dallas. OU fell to #4 because they did not play in a conference championship game. Looking back, wasnt that bad of a draw for us. Neither was Bama, we just beat ourselves in that game.

if we are #1, we will be in ATL.... period.***

Mar 7, 2016, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: They will NOT send us to ATL if we are ranked #1 ]

It's only 3 hours from Tuscaloosa to Atl

Mar 7, 2016, 1:56 PM [ in reply to They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't ]

I wonder what they woulda done if this year's final four had next year's bowl lineup. I'm guessing Bama woulda gotten the benefit.

It just depends on who the finalists could be

Mar 7, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't ]

Just for kicks let say it's Clemson, Auburn, Stanford and TCU. I'm sure they would play CU and Allbarn in atl and the other two at the fiesta bowl. Just make sense.

You all realize how difficult it is to get there. This talk

Mar 8, 2016, 1:45 AM [ in reply to They won't send us to Atlanta, just like they wouldn't ]

of "they will send us to...." is crazy at this point.

Orange Bowl on the 30th? ### is going on with CFB? Why

Mar 7, 2016, 12:59 PM

are they letting the Rose and Sugar dictate?

Because....

Mar 7, 2016, 1:22 PM

the Rose Bowl doesn't care what the Committee says or thinks. The Rose Bowl pretty much told them which day and at what time their game would be played whether the Committee liked it or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Somebody should have sent the Rose Bowl a dozen...

Mar 7, 2016, 1:26 PM

dead fish.

^^ yep***

Mar 7, 2016, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Because.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Orange Bowl on the 30th? ### is going on with CFB? Why

Mar 7, 2016, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Orange Bowl on the 30th? ### is going on with CFB? Why ]

The Rose and Sugar Bowls have contract that guarantee New Year's dates and times
that predate the the CFP contract.

and ratings will be down again because the two semifinal

Mar 8, 2016, 1:40 AM

games will be buried on New Years Eve between a sea of bowls.

The CFP committee should have told them, "fine, if you

Mar 8, 2016, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Orange Bowl on the 30th? ### is going on with CFB? Why ]

won't work with us, you will never host a playoff game, and we will schedule our playoff games directly opposite you, so that nobody will be watching your game on tv."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic