Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

CFB Playoff

Jul 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

I've wanted 8 teams since its inception but we have 4. However, I've said from the beginning that the quickest way to go from 4 teams to 8 is for the SEC to be "left out." I would almost bet the farm that within 48 hours after the end of the Championship without the SEC, the committee would " for the good of the game" increase to 8. Just my afternoon thoughts....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 Might be good for a while

Jul 25, 2016, 5:05 PM

I was a member of the gotta be 8 club at first, but after the first couple of years, 4 teams seems about right. There's still a lot of drama in the regular season, but not so much so that a team who loses one early can't recover.

WRT, the original question, whether leaving an SEC team out will be the catalyst that gets us to an 8 team tournament, I think that the jury is still out on that one. Predicting the future is an awfully tough thing to do.

I was kinda the same, but have to say now that I likely

Jul 25, 2016, 5:21 PM

watch more national football throughout the season due to the current format.

If it did ever go to 8, which I'm still not completely against, I would rather see it come at the expense of the CCG's, which are more often play-out games now than they are play-in or play-off games. Power 5 regular season champs plus 3 - loser that weekend gets cast into the bowl system following. Let the conferences keep their CCG host arrangements in place for the venues in a rotation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 is too much

Jul 25, 2016, 5:13 PM

Hope it never comes to that

4 is perfect

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 is ENOUGH if you're gonna travel & support the

Jul 25, 2016, 3:49 PM

team!!! It was worth every penny - BUT we were as exhausted as the players. AND our team DOES deserve to be supported in person!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 is ENOUGH if you're gonna travel & support the

Jul 25, 2016, 7:36 PM

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Had to consider my pocketbook. Lol

I came back from the NC exhausted. Too many weekends away from home starting with Thanksgiving. I can't imagine how the players felt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the players can manage it, I'm all for it.

Jul 25, 2016, 5:55 PM

No problems with more football.

Re: CFB Playoff

Jul 25, 2016, 6:38 PM

I'm no longer a member of more than four...too much on student athletes and too costly for fans!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic