Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 434

CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick

Aug 24, 2020, 1:04 PM

I’ve been saying this for months. Good thing they are finally catching up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick

Aug 24, 2020, 1:18 PM

If I find myself around a crowd of people or if I want to be around a crowd and then get tested.....that is my prerogative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make sure you wear a mask.

Aug 24, 2020, 1:30 PM

I highly recommend this for anyone going into a crowded place. Science!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*** ^^^Underrated Post^^^***

Aug 24, 2020, 3:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick ]

You aren’t following the science and the new recommendations from the CDC then? Why would you deny science?

So now the false positives will no longer be counted...

Aug 24, 2020, 1:26 PM

as positive covid cases. Two months without false positives and dems will be pulling their hair out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or if we just quit counting, it looks like cases are going

Aug 24, 2020, 1:29 PM

down.

You can look at it a bunch of different ways.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean like Obama did during the H1N1 outbreak?

Aug 24, 2020, 2:10 PM

New cases dropped to zero overnight.

Aug 24, 2020, 1:57 PM

Based upon pressure from the current WH admin, and the lack of testing reagents, the number of tests given are falling every day.

That's one way to lower the numbers of new C-19 cases, and to reduce attributed deaths.

My D-in-law works in a hospital near Chuckton. One of her co-workers was sick, for weeks with a terrible cough. The hospital would not test her. Finally, her co-workers persauded her to go to her doc, and the test result came back positive for C-19. The hospital refused to test her co-workers. The hospital did not tell the lady to quarantine, and allowed her to keep working (she needed cash), potentially infecting all of her workday contacts.

My D-in-law got tested at a doc-ina-box and waited 5 days for results. Fortunately negative results. But my confidence in hospitals, doing the right thing, is gone.

So, yeah, the number of diagnosed cases of C-19 is falling, as testing is falling. As TheRump requested, in so many ways.

By-the-way, his new announcement for the plasma treatment has already been used on C-19 patients over 64,000 times. It's not new, but has been used for years as the first treatment for nee virus infections. The CDC is not slowing approval.....Just two more lies by TheRump.
He's trying as hard as he can to scare voters!

Aug 24, 2020, 2:04 PM

CDC is independent from Trump idiot

The CDC Director is an appointee by Trump...

Aug 24, 2020, 2:24 PM

idiot.

Adult care people for mom....same thing. Lady that kept mom

Aug 24, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick ]

in our house last week, her mom got covid and she lived with her mom. Her mom left to go to the hospital. Adult care people call me and say she's scheduled to come out tomorrow. I'm like ???###? Yeah, you can be directly exposed to a household contact, then still go take care of elderly at risk people as long as you have no symptoms. I told them to schedule someone else, and she's welcomed back in 14 days with a negative test.

I guess hospitals are the same. So much for quarantining people I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you start out with claiming Trump is behind...

Aug 24, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick ]

reducing testing so the number of positives will fall then at the end claim he's trying to scare voters? I know it's a fool who searches for logic in the chambers of the human heart but that is a contradiction anyway you shake it.

I'm not quite understanding how someone who shows symptoms of covid falls into the mix of the CDC saying only those with symptoms should get a test. If someone refused to test a symptomatic covid patient then the CDC's directive would play no role in that.

If the plasma treatment has been used 64000 times already and the CDC just approved the treatment wouldn't a reasonable person say they waited a pretty good while to stamp their approval on the treatment? I would.

I'm thinking Trump may not be the topic if we're talking about lying here.

Aug 24, 2020, 2:11 PM

Do you have a link?

Aug 24, 2020, 2:21 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

Aug 24, 2020, 2:26 PM

They don't recommend people not getting tested if you don't have the symptoms either. There is a difference.

Aug 24, 2020, 2:30 PM

If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms and have not been in close contact with someone known to have a COVID-19 infection:
You do not need a test.

They're right.***

Aug 24, 2020, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: CDC no longer recommends testing is you aren’t sick ]

That's not recommending not to get tested if you don't have symptoms. Moreover if you have been around a lot of people you have been around somebody infected. They just know they can't handle everyone getting tested. Anyway, they are recommending you get tested if you are around a lot of people. If you lead a life where you are not, there is no reason to get tested.

Aug 24, 2020, 2:13 PM

I can't find them saying that on their website.

Aug 24, 2020, 2:23 PM

fake news

So the NFL doesn't have to shut down over false positives?

Aug 24, 2020, 5:03 PM

77 players from 11 different teams had their junk twisted by one lab in Jersey. Reckon how that happened?

This is a big deal. The lab reported to the state and the state reported to Homeland which published 77 positives causing the state and Homeland to provide false information. See how easily we got to 5 million cases with so few hospitalizations?

It perverts the death rate making it much lower but still makes the US look like a petri dish.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-could-alter-workouts-sunday-after-several-positive-coronavirus-test-results-140204758.html
https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-uploaded-images/2020-08/f92b9350-e548-11ea-af7d-625b9702d035">

Replies: 21
| visibility 434
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic