Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBS interview with Gary Danielson on WCCP right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,192

CBS interview with Gary Danielson on WCCP right now

Sep 4, 2017, 9:57 AM

Other than mentioning that large target wide receivers like Mike Williams give Alabama problems, he conspicuously left out other mention of Clemson as a top-tier Playoff team. Most of his points are very levelheaded, such as his criticisms of the CFP leaving Penn State out and letting Ohio State in last year when they did not win their conference championship. His commentary breaks down when he favors the ultimate transition to an eight team playoff because of the fact that a four team playoff leaves one of the power five conferences out, and that creates "aches" for that conference's fans, television money, etc.

My take? Be good at football and you don't have to worry about getting left out. If Gary thinks that deep pockets and media interests need to be a driving factor for the playoff structure in college football, he's walking over a cliff from which it is very difficult to return. Case in point: dollars driving less than favorable distribution of student tickets in Death Valley…

Money talks, but I hope money doesn't destroy the good things about college football. I have no interest in it turning into NFL-lite.

Message was edited by: bdrechs

Message was edited by: bdrechs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Gary "SEC suxxor" Danielson... Prototypical PR propagandist.***

Sep 4, 2017, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBS interview with Gary Danielson on WCCP right now

Sep 4, 2017, 10:16 AM

It's all about money...hence why it's more favorable for the committee and college football if Bama doesn't have to go west further than Texas...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Your thoughts on Danielson = My Thoughts

Sep 4, 2017, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 10:44 AM

It's funny when people argue to go to 8 teams when, in three years, there hasn't been a really competitive semifinal game yet.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know right? I can't imagine 8 vs 1 will be any better and

Sep 4, 2017, 11:04 AM

16 games is just too #### many for college kids...15 is to tell the truth...Should drop back to 11 regular season games but that won't happen because schools aren't going to give back a home game

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know right? I can't imagine 8 vs 1 will be any better and

Sep 4, 2017, 1:01 PM

Or maybe consider incorporating another OOC game into the schedule in place of a division opponent, then let the individual conferences argue about SOS, the "eye test," etc. to determine who gets a conference championship berth? Then take the best 4 conference champions into the Playoff. Rewards the big game victor, not necessarily the look-how-loaded-we-are O31O States of the world...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Sep 4, 2017, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I know right? I can't imagine 8 vs 1 will be any better and ]

11 game regular season with 6 in playoffs and 1 spring exhibition game is the answer. Money from extra week of playoffs spread around plus spring exhibition will offset profits from a home game lost. Will also spread the talent more and reduce injuries possibly. Conference winners plus 1 at large. Top 2 teams get bye. Puts emphasis on winning conference which allows better scheduling since you could afford loss to power 5 out of conference team and still make playoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 3:18 PM

This is the only expansion model I'd support because, as you say, it puts more emphasis on conference performance, not the whims of the CFP committee. And it wouldn't do it at the expense of player overextension or monetization of the sport into oblivion. Still would be the same bickering and whining over that at-large bid, though...

GO TIGERS

Sep 4, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: CBS interview with Gary Danielson on WCCP right now ]

OSU won as a 4 seed tho.

That is not an argument for the 8th seed***

Sep 4, 2017, 2:29 PM

~this~ "no competitive semi-final yet!" so no to 8 teams!***

Sep 4, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS interview with Gary Danielson on WCCP right now ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is currently a 5'10" 180 pound WR that absolutely dominates them...

Sep 4, 2017, 10:47 AM

whenever he plays against them. Gary Danielson is an idiot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is currently a 5'10" 180 pound WR that absolutely dominates them...

Sep 4, 2017, 11:16 AM

Saban checks under his bed at night for Hunter Renfrow.

GO TIGERS

Sep 4, 2017, 2:42 PM

But apparently neither his DC nor his LBs can find him.

Sep 4, 2017, 9:51 PM

Thou seekest him in futility, for he liveth rent-free in thy head.

GO TIGERS

Well I don't have your take at all

Sep 4, 2017, 1:23 PM

We're on the bubble at 5 and don't get in, you'll probably change tune. We've benefited last 2 yrs by being as good as we were in the regular season. With 8 teams, any of the 8 could still win it all, so you include 8, simple as that.

Re: Well I don't have your take at all

Sep 4, 2017, 2:14 PM

I totally hear what you're sayin, but there won't be 5 conference champions with perfect records to choose from. No perfect parity means choices must be made about the "bubble," but having that decision power decentralized, so to speak, away from the CFP committee would effectively make the full scope of the Playoff broader and the stakes at the conference level a little higher. I don't think the CFP should be given any teams from which to choose except for conference champions. Regardless of how mighty the SEC is, blah blah blah.

GO TIGERS

The 5th place team doesn't deserve to play for it,

Sep 4, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Well I don't have your take at all ]

regardless of where we are ranked...You could make the exact same argument if we were 9th place and you are in favor of a 16 team playoff

Re: The 5th place team doesn't deserve to play for it,

Sep 4, 2017, 2:34 PM

Agreed. To borrow a phrase from our President, "Where does it stop?"

GO TIGERS

It should stop at 4 to preserve the regular season, when it

Sep 4, 2017, 2:36 PM

inevitably expands to 8 and then 16, the regular season is going to suffer, similar to basketball

Sep 4, 2017, 3:09 PM

Spoken like a true sec apologist, hoping to land 2 or 3 sec teams in the CFP so he can brag on his channel. Playoffs is fine at 4 teams. Just because idiots want to vote Texas A&M or Mississippi state #1 for half the season dand want mean they belong. They always make those idiots look foolish anyways when they drop back to #30 or so.

Sep 4, 2017, 3:51 PM

And what message does one convey by TDing a post like this? You disagree with my opinions? Jump into the very civil, thoughtful debate that's going on in this thread. Scratch your TD itch elsewhere on something offensive, asinine, or anti-Clemson. If I'm off base with THIS opinion, somebody feel free to correct my assumptions.

GO TIGERS

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic