Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available

Jan 12, 2015, 10:19 AM

13 spots above Dylan Thompson.

And next year the coots don't have anyone near as good as DT. LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available

Jan 12, 2015, 10:23 AM

I despise scar as much as the next guy, but that ranking is bs

Jan 12, 2015, 10:26 AM

dont worry palmetto baseball is almost here. you can bustrack all you want to then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available ]

I mean...do you really think that there are that many qb's substantially better than Cole Stoudt? I do believe that the Cole Stoudt we saw vs. Oklahoma was a little closer to the "real" Cole Stoudt we've seen prior in his career and I think the injuries affected him more than he let on.

Jan 12, 2015, 11:09 AM

After seeing the change from the regular season to his bowl performance ... I wonder about his relationship with the Chad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^Agreed^

Jan 12, 2015, 11:54 AM

Proof is in the pudding. Streeter comes in and within a couple of weeks he makes Cole look like the pro qb that Dabo said all season long he was.

I didn't think he looked like a pro

Jan 12, 2015, 11:57 AM

but he looked a lot better than he looked the rest of the season.

At the #22 QB available, he's probably not getting any free agent looks.

Jan 12, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available ]

I think it has more to do with him injuring his shoulder in the second game of the season because he looked good the first half against UGA (second half was purely #### playing calling). Although it probably helps that streeter isn't the OC and can always be there for the QB when he needed his help.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

All he needed was recovery from injury and new QB coach!

Jan 12, 2015, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available ]

Morris never trusted him, and how can a qb trust himself, when his coach doesn't. "The 20 plays for Cole" were broadcasted by Morris, when he thought he had Watson for the rest of the year. The GT players said they knew those plays to a tee! Morris screwed Cole for that game trying to excuse himself for poor offense before then! I hope he does well at SMU, however Streeter with the new O coordinators are a breath of fresh air!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "20 plays for Cole" is what was called in the bowl game***

Jan 12, 2015, 7:19 PM

Really? Cole really made a lot of people look foolish when

Jan 12, 2015, 7:57 PM

he got a new QB coach and new coordinators.

Jan 12, 2015, 10:53 AM

Cole may not be Logan Thomas tall but he is tall.

Jan 12, 2015, 10:53 AM

Wonder what's the average number of rookie QBs to make NFL rosters?
Go Tigers!!

Jan 12, 2015, 11:01 AM

Brett Hundley is not the 3rd best option at QB and is not a 1st rounder. Bryce Petty is much better.

Agree petty is probably better but even he's only gotten

Jan 12, 2015, 11:45 AM

mostly 3rd round grades. Really big drop from Mariota and Winston down to the next group of guys.

GHOP over the right shoulder for a TD says 'hello'...

Jan 12, 2015, 11:51 AM

with two blitzes in his face, no less.

The kid simply needed game experience, which circumstances simply weren't going to allow.

At least Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins got play against Wofford and Troy to start. Cole had to go 'tween the hedges'. Not really the best recipe for developing confidence, relationships with WR's, O-Line, etc.

And he did alright against the dawgs until that one intercep

Jan 12, 2015, 6:44 PM

- After that, Morris had him (and Watson) only throwing little bubble screens mostly to Humphries the rest of day - Chad prematurily lost trust in him, but to be fair, Dabo kept saying "that whoever made the most turnovers" would lose. One interception was not good enough reason to get so conservative, and all those bubble 3 and outs really hurt the d too! How can a player have trust in himself when his coach does not trust him? Thank goodness for the new coaches!

Get a clue, Chad Morris is a huge reason for our success...

Jan 12, 2015, 7:28 PM

over the past 4 years. The only new coach is Streeter, who doesn't call plays. Tony Elliot is calling the plays with input from Scott. And both of those guys were taught by Chad Morris about this offensive system.

Re: Get a clue, Chad Morris is a huge reason for our success...

Nov 29, 2012, 3:00 PM

Man, when are yall going to learn. Any one of us in here can call plays when you have guys like Dwayne Allen, T Boyd, Watkins, Bryant, Ellington. I liked Morris as much as anyone, but he was ready to move on and I think it showed. Turn the page.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When are you going to learn, good coaching leads...

Jan 12, 2015, 7:42 PM

to players exceeding on the field

Re: When are you going to learn, good coaching leads...

Jan 12, 2015, 7:51 PM

you just contradicted yourself with that answer. Yes, a good coach does lead to good players on the field and he WAS a a vital part of early success; however, his coaching has also lead to some bad play calling and not letting those good players succeed as they should and, imo, held some of them back from being the best they could be. His "exceeding" was not met. He kept players at a standstill and cost us several losses

Jan 12, 2015, 11:55 AM

That is actually very hilarious. For the coots sake.

Jan 12, 2015, 12:08 PM

I said all season even with Cole the play makers on the field was there. We had too many to be as bad on O as we were. Like vs the Cuse and GT that bull crap was all on the Chad. I just don't see why CM would not turn them loose. We had the #1 D just let the O do their thing. CM kept Clemson from gaining some Mo on O the whole season.

Yeah it was Chad Morris fault that Desean Watson got hurt...

Jan 12, 2015, 6:29 PM

and it was his fault when Stoudt came in and threw a pass right to a GT player for a pick 6.

Re: Yeah it was Chad Morris fault that Desean Watson got hurt...

Jan 12, 2015, 7:32 PM

The bowl game speaks for it's self that's all I got to say. The Chad did a good job but his hard head kept us from some wins, at least 2 vs the Coots.

And speaks that Chad Morris taught Tony Elliot and Jeff....

Jan 12, 2015, 7:40 PM

Scott very well. So you're just proving how good of a job Morris did for Clemson. By complementing his proteges.

Re: And speaks that Chad Morris taught Tony Elliot and Jeff....

Jan 12, 2015, 7:53 PM

he did teach them well, but it was pretty clear that the two new oc's went beyond what morris was doing and it showed in the bowl game. The same 3-4 plays had gotten old and the 2 new oc's knew that

Agree, badb - "20 plays for Cole" really hurt - Chad only

Jan 12, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS has ranked Cole Stoudt #22 QB available ]

trusted Watson with the whole playbook! And after only one intercept against Gawja. He just got too conservative with Cole!

Re: Agree, badb - "20 plays for Cole" really hurt - Chad only

Jan 12, 2015, 7:29 PM

Oh god...here we go with this bs again. So your saying that the only reason Cole was benched for Watson was cuz he threw a interception against "gawja"? (That's very cute how u spell Georgia all the time).

Wow

Jan 12, 2015, 6:18 PM

Man this thread is crazy. Why are we trying to force cole to be something he is not? Could it be that the game he played against sc state where he threw a bunch of sideways passes is really him? He has zero arm strength and he is very basic beyond that. In the bowl game he didn't perform that great. He got the ball into the hands of the playmakers. That game was about the gameplan and the playcalling. It was very simple for cole. Designed for a baby.

If everything has to go perfectly for you not to be a dumpster fire then you are not very good. Go watch the game again and then thank Scott for beating two guys and Williams for keeping his feet. All time great throw to hopper was outstanding but the rest of the game was very simple. You explain an entire season of horrible play blaming it on injuries, the OC and confidence. I'm sure some of that is true but he does good in one game finally and all is well. C'mon guys and gals. Congratulate the guy for a great game and move on. He is not the guy we saw in the bowl game with an elementary game plan. He's closer to who we saw during the season. Can't believe people are buying into this nonsense. Congrats cole. You came through and you gave your all throughout the season no matter what. That doesn't equal he was good all along and insert excuse after excuse.

And for the record I hate the freakin coots but he's not better than Dylan. Dylan had to perform for a lunatic in spurrier. Chad is child's play compared to that guy. Also if I had a choice between Dylan and cole I would choose wildcat much like SC did with cooper.

Stoudt had no vision for the middle of the field...

Jan 12, 2015, 6:26 PM

if he wasn't throwing towards the sidelines, he was throwing dangerous passes in the middle. The play calling in the bowl game was no different than the play calling Chad Morris was doing all season with Stoudt in. Screen passes and intermediate passes to the sidelines. He was able to throw a few down field, and he got those opportunities to throw a few deep passes because the offense was staying on the field. Only difference with regular season Stoudt, and Bowl game Stoudt, was Bowl game Stoudt came out and executed. Absolutely no difference in the play calling.

Re: Stoudt had no vision for the middle of the field...

Jan 12, 2015, 6:39 PM

Completely disagree. Way more simple. Similar but simpler. The mix of plays was different. The type of runs we called opened of the slants better. Left clearer lanes but still not difficult throws. the mix of plays also made it harder for the defense to diagnose what was next. Not nearly as predictable in the bowl game. Took a couple shots down field where he could let it go without much risk. Just throw it type plays. You are correct about the middle of the field. Also, Scott should have had about a 3-4 yd gain, Williams should have only had the first down not a touchdown. The wideouts were the playmakers and the reason. Cole just didn't screw up. Again credit to him for a couple of solid throws but I'm supposed to give credit to a QB at a high major like clemson for a couple of solid throws? Nope. He was only great compared to his normal self. In this high number offense, his numbers were actually very much pedestrian.

We barely got anything out of the running game in the bowl..

Jan 12, 2015, 7:23 PM

game. I already pointed out that we took shots down field because the offense stayed on the field. Same play calling, Stoudt just executed.

Here you go again "king" - you predicted a loss because of C

Jan 12, 2015, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Stoudt had no vision for the middle of the field... ]

Cole - I think you are really a "queen" like I said then!

I didn't predict a loss, I said we would win...

Jan 12, 2015, 7:21 PM

I stated as long as Stoudt didn't turn the ball over we would win. And that's what happened.

Big problem was staring at his intended receiver ...

Jan 12, 2015, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Stoudt had no vision for the middle of the field... ]

His biggest issue imo was that he just decided where he was going and stared it down. Even in the bowl game he did it, it just didn't bite him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

He did it a whole lot less in the bowl game***

Jan 12, 2015, 7:24 PM

Beautiful touch passes to GHop this year and last year***

Jan 12, 2015, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Wow ]

Jan 12, 2015, 7:22 PM

Neither one of them have a chance.
Ok QBs at best. Nothing for the NFL.

Jan 12, 2015, 7:31 PM

As much as some of you hated on Stoudt, I know you must be ticked that someone outside of Tigernet is willing to praise him for what he did. LOL Because someone rated him the 22nd QB available in the draft, it just rubs some of yalls nerve the wrong way, its eating at you. Just quit, give it up. He didnt deserve the wrath and the smack talk when he played for us and he doesnt deserve it now. Move on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 7:51 PM

He was great in the bowl game !! But NFL QB. Don't see it. Panics under pressure and Okla. gave no pressure.

Jan 12, 2015, 9:19 PM

Hey, the boy did OK in my book. He got to play bigtime college football, went out with the best game of his career as a SR, will graduate on time, and has great hair. And probably took a lot of killer poontang to visit Pound Town. I got no problem with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic