Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CAROLINA COASTAL TO PLAY AT UCLA IN 2023
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,089

CAROLINA COASTAL TO PLAY AT UCLA IN 2023

Dec 21, 2015, 4:20 PM

The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers will play at the UCLA Bruins in 2023, FBSchedules.com has learned.

Coastal Carolina will take on UCLA at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on Sept. 16, 2023. The Chanticleers will receive a $1.1 million guarantee for the game, according to a copy of the contract obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request.

The game was scheduled with the condition that Coastal Carolina becomes a full member of the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) by 2018, per the contract.

Coastal Carolina is currently in the Football Championship Subdivision, but is slated to move up to the FBS and officially join the Sun Belt Conference on July 1, 2017. After one season as an FBS transitional team, they would then be eligible for full FBS status in 2018.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i feel like they will regret joining FBS

Dec 21, 2015, 4:21 PM

they could become like one of the sun belt teams that is completely irrelevant. Playing for championships in FCS playoffs > getting beat up in the Sun Belt

There are some perks to being FBS

Dec 21, 2015, 4:30 PM

It's pretty sweet going to bowl games. Plus they'll get to play against better competition and make more money. Troy is a Sun Belt team and played and beat some good teams and got a lot of respect.

Plus, they can compete for the 2nd best team in the state.***

Dec 21, 2015, 4:54 PM

You really think they can beat El Cid??

Dec 21, 2015, 4:57 PM

Asking for a friend, ElCid

+1...***

Dec 21, 2015, 5:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Coastal Grad it's about...

Dec 21, 2015, 4:54 PM [ in reply to i feel like they will regret joining FBS ]

ten years earlier than I like but you have to take the opportunity when it is presented. The location makes it attractive (football state, the beach, 2-3 hours from any similar attraction like USC, ECU, Citadel or CSU). Got some good financial backing too. The campus has changed tremendously with still more room to grow since I was there. Kind of makes me wonder how C of C feels now that they have been in the CAA a couple of years.

Im of the mind that this is a great move for Coastal - they

Dec 21, 2015, 5:00 PM

have been playing outstanding football, baseball and hoops. Major addition underway with the Stadium. I think they will soon surprise alot of folks and do very well in Conference. In 5 years, CC will be upsetting some folks that put them on the schedule looking for an easy out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,089
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic