Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disney streaming, will we end up back with ESPN anyway?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Disney streaming, will we end up back with ESPN anyway?

Apr 12, 2019, 9:10 AM

Final sentence from this article is what I am wondering about:

Disney took ownership of Fox's 30% stake in Hulu with the merger. Disney now owns the majority of Hulu at 60%, and will likely pursue complete ownership. Disney direct-to-consumer and international chairman Kevin Mayer said on Thursday that the company "will likely" bundle Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ at a discount.

You know the ACCN will be a part of any package they put together than includes Hulu (with Hulu live TV I assume) and ESPN+. The question will be how much will this package cost.

The article says Disney+ will be $6.99/month, Hulu lists at $11.99 and ESPN+ is $4.99. That's $24/month. I don't think I care about Disney+ but if I can get it with Hulu channels I want and all ESPN (including ACCN) then I am in. That is less than I am paying for DirecTVNow.

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-streaming-details-price-release-date-shows-movies-2019-4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To get the ACCN on Hulu you subscribe to Hulu Live TV

Apr 12, 2019, 9:18 AM

This cost $30.00~.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So $30 + $7 + $5 = $42, sill less than DirecTVNow

Apr 12, 2019, 9:20 AM

and maybe Disney has a bundle deal?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So $30 + $7 + $5 = $42, sill less than DirecTVNow

Apr 12, 2019, 10:03 AM

I already have Hulu Live and it includes all the ESPN channels, SECN, B1GN, and FOX sports, so that’s all I need.

Re: Disney streaming, will we end up back with ESPN anyway?

Apr 12, 2019, 10:47 AM

Not sure how this affects the sports aspect of programming, but Disney just undercut Netflix and their stock is soaring today. Netflix is down due to their cuts. It appears that Disney has established a game plan to be the major source for entertainment.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/disney-stock-soars-as-new-streaming-service-could-challenge-netflix-51555079981

Bye Netflix!***

Apr 12, 2019, 11:10 AM

In 10-15 years, some conglomerate is going to realize they

Apr 12, 2019, 11:22 AM

can license and bundle streaming services and we're going to end up with the same thing we had with cable packages.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic