Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
By the time that TL is drafted number one overall, NFL teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

By the time that TL is drafted number one overall, NFL teams

Jul 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

will have seen three years of film on him. So, his career will be over before it even starts. You see, the reason that Tom Brady has been so successful is because he didn't peak when he was in college and his 40 time was so slow that teams just couldn't game plan against him. The reason that he has been so successful for all these years is because there wasn't much early film on him when he came out.

Similarly, the advantage for Syracuse is that they will have a former 3 star where the Tigers don't have much film, and he will exploit the Tigers Defense because he will be so much better than Dungy. Conversely, Trevor Lawrence, perhaps the best frosh QB in history will be "exposed" due to his incredible play as a true frosh, who rose to the occasion on the biggest stage in all of college football. Trevor has peaked and the amazing Syracuse coaching staff knows this and will rattle this young man unlike Bama with a bunch of players drafted off their vaunted D.

This logic leads me to believe that that it would have been much better if KB would have stayed and this was TL's first season starting. This way, the Syracuse coaches wouldn't have much film. These writers make so much sense now. Their insight is absolutely amazing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By the time that TL is drafted number one overall, NFL teams

Jul 10, 2019, 3:14 PM

This is why Bentley did so well in his first game against Clemson when he should have still been in high school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 10, 2019, 3:21 PM

Not once have I read anything that considers that Lawrence will be actually much better 18 months into the program than he was as a greenhorn freshman last year.

Take away Cuse game and he started 10 games -3,200 yds so 2019 estimate with vast improvement and 15 games he will throw for 4,800 yards. If he improves it could be > 4,800 yds. That would similar to say Sam Bradford’s Heisman winning season.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: By the time that TL is drafted number one overall, NFL teams ]

True... Bentley was actually a rising 8th grader his first year at the U of SC. ;)

The NFL will have a player lockout starting in 2021, so TL16

Jul 10, 2019, 3:24 PM

Will probably play in a shortened 2021 NFL season. This is the reason you’ll see a much larger than normal underclassmen declare for the NFL draft after the 2019 season.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:49 PM

Excellent insight to Tom Brady's success, "The reason that he has been so successful for all these years is because there wasn't much early film on him when he came out. "

The writers need to check the newest dictionary. A new word was added, TL-er. TL, but more. As in," He will be more TL-er this season."

Synonym - Brady-er

Antonym - Bently-er

I Like Your Thinking...By That Logic There is Hope For Me To

Jul 10, 2019, 4:00 PM

Be A Surprise Starter for the Dallas Cowboys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic