Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all remember when this kid got TNet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Y'all remember when this kid got TNet

Jan 25, 2017, 11:00 PM
IMG_0920.PNG(160.6 K)

in an uproar! Thought our season was going to crappy! Just feeling nastolgic tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Y'all remember when this kid got TNet

Jan 25, 2017, 11:04 PM

That was Martin Jenkins' little bro , right ?
Yeah , did he ever amount to much ? I hate losing touch but there's never any time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 25, 2017, 11:07 PM

Correct.

I think he transferred out west from the Vols...Some say this was kind of the straw that broke the camels back with Dabo and Butch Jones....either him or Josh Malone...Dabo has made it a point to burry Tenn in recruiting.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 25, 2017, 11:30 PM

I don't think it took much effort on Dabo's part. Sad that Martin couldn't see through it, but we have survived nicely. I do wish him the best, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the power of the googles, I have found him...

Jan 25, 2017, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all remember when this kid got TNet ]

Looks like he transferred to ASU to walk on after only having 1 catch in his RS FR year at TENN. After sitting out (and losing) a year, 2017 will be his senior season and his career numbers are 3 catches for 19 yards 0 TD. Martin at least had 1 INT for 52 yards and a TD...

http://www.statepress.com/article/2015/07/asu-football-adds-walk-on-ryan-jenkins
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/546537/ryan-jenkins

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute... they have a BOOM! Bus, too?!?

Jan 25, 2017, 11:37 PM

The idea so lame it's being repeated?

Lovely.

~JKB

Re: By the power of the googles, I have found him...

Jan 25, 2017, 11:44 PM [ in reply to By the power of the googles, I have found him... ]

How could we have been so lucky that he de-committed from us and went to a team that matched his talent!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no***

Jan 26, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all remember when this kid got TNet ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2017, 11:20 PM

Right when Demarcus "Bud" Robinson also flipped (Florida) on us and then Mike Williams was quoted as, "Y'all (Clemson) still got Mike." (seems like the Mike quote is word for word, I might be slightly off, has been years.)

#MikeWilliamsnumberoneWR2017NFLDraft

Jan 25, 2017, 11:42 PM

You are right.. I was heartbroken. I live here in Ft. valley and wanted him to go to Clemson. I think(as well as others in town) there was some foul play involved. Oh well

Jan 26, 2017, 12:12 PM

I got a buddy that coaches over there at PCHS and he told me that Bud was a Clemson lock until the plane ride back from the All American Game....I love over here in Perry... :):)

Jan 25, 2017, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Y'all remember when this kid got TNet ]

Mike Williams was well worth the trade off. One Mike was worth 2 each of those 2!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2017, 11:47 AM

Not just Mike, already had Mike, we got T. Thompson and K Priester (left and that opened up a scholarship for either Ray Ray or Cain).

Yeah, Clemson ended up making out like bandits on those two decommitments.

Gotta love that nastologic.

Jan 26, 2017, 12:08 AM

It's like logic, but its nasto.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta love that nastologic.

Jan 26, 2017, 7:00 AM

"Nasto"logic....that's good.

Which is much better than coot logic, but

Jan 26, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Gotta love that nastologic. ]

not near as good as nasty logic.

Jan 26, 2017, 5:16 AM

It definitely worked out better for Clemson than the players. It makes you said for the players because if they had come to Clemson and were exposed to the character building and player development of our staff, their careers and lives may have turned out differently.

Jan 26, 2017, 1:17 PM

Did we get more talented players than we lost, or did we do a better job coaching up the players we got?

Yes, we all know it's both.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic