Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: K.J. McDaniels: I made the right decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: K.J. McDaniels: I made the right decision

Jun 29, 2014, 8:13 PM

K.J. McDaniels: I made the right decision

Former Clemson swingman K.J. McDaniels didn't get picked until the second round in the NBA Draft, but he still feels like he made the right decision and believes being picked 32nd overall was a good omen. What former 76er met with McDaniels? What does he say about watching the first round and not hearing his name called? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shoe in 1st round next yr.***

Jun 29, 2014, 8:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: K.J. McDaniels: I made the right decision

Jun 29, 2014, 8:54 PM

I think KJ made the wrong decision and because of where he was drafted. I believe if he came back we had a chance to have a special year at Clemson. Along with him raising his stock with another good year he could've become a legend here at Clemson. There is no guarantee he will be successful and even if he is no guarantee he will ever play for a contender. He could've been a Clemson legend. I doubt he will become an NBA legend.

HUGE Mi$$$take...

Jun 29, 2014, 9:10 PM

anyone know the $$$ difference between last pick of 1st round and first of 2nd round?

Re: HUGE Mi$$$take...

Jun 29, 2014, 9:24 PM

I read that the second round is not guaranteed money necessarily. It is big difference...from multimillion 2-3 in the end of the first round to around 500K. Wish he would have come back also, but wish him the best. Great attitude and heck of a nice guy. Probably the best pure athlete most of us will ever see in a Clemson basketball uniform.

Jun 29, 2014, 9:49 PM

KJ made the right decision for him , and for his family. His athleticism and defensive prowess almost guarantee him a roster spot on the Philadelphia 76ers ...and I think with a little coaching on the offensive end that he has starters potential a season from next.
Anyhow , Clemson will be fine with Brownell at the helm because he has great coaching acumen and he proved that this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re:I think he did the right thing. This kid will make the

Jun 29, 2014, 10:20 PM

team.

Jun 29, 2014, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: HUGE Mi$$$take... ]

I read that the second round is not guaranteed money necessarily. It is big difference...from multimillion 2-3 in the end of the first round to around 500K. Wish he would have come back also, but wish him the best. Great attitude and heck of a nice guy. Probably the best pure athlete most of us will ever see in a Clemson basketball uniform.

Cugrad80, can you tell everyone where you read this since you couldn't be further from the truth. Where he was projected to go and where he ended up, the money is not much different. the guarantee part is true but if you make the team or impress them enough you'll be fine. He will get to the second contract sooner as well. going at the end of the first or beginning of the second isn't much different at all as long as you make the team which i have no problem believing that he will do that.

Aaron Brenner...for one***

Jun 30, 2014, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Finishing another year

Jun 29, 2014, 11:02 PM

and developing that last year would have been the smart thing, and left a full legacy here in Tiger Town. Possibly an ACC title and more. Too bad for us, and for KJ. What is "best for the family" would have been even better next year. I understand he had to make the call for himself, but I always hate to see the early exit of a player like this, and what a team we might have had.

Hope he can develop a shot and learn to move and slash a lot faster. A quick release is needed too, and this is extremely difficult to acquire, almost impossible. But I can't wait to see him limber up and block some shots in the NBA.

Re: New Story: K.J. McDaniels: I made the right decision

Jun 30, 2014, 8:32 AM

A lot of us sure would of liked to see him stay for his senior season. He made the decision based on his families needs and I think he will do fine with the 76'ERS. Lots of hard work and we will hear his name all the time at Philly.

Sorry KJ, you made the wrong decision.

Jun 30, 2014, 10:07 AM

But, best of luck to you, I might actually watch a little bit of NBA when you start playing...(which will probably take longer because you made the wrong decision).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

it would not serve kjm any good to second guess....

Jun 30, 2014, 10:32 AM

His decision now. He needs to move on..on this end it probably was a bad move...in the end...great players do well. He will do well...I wish him the best.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it!

Jun 30, 2014, 10:56 AM

hindsight is always 20/20, but he made the best decision with the information he had at the time. rely that's all you can do. you can second guess all day long, but bottom line is he was a 32nd pick and will have to fight for a contract and such. nothing new for KJ, i wish him the best

ALL IN!!

Clemson might win more games than the Sixers next year.

Jun 30, 2014, 5:07 PM

Standard rationalizations from someone with too much ego to admit they screwed up. He's top 15 next year with another solid year at Clemson, and he has a degree.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By entering a Wing heavy draft...

Jun 30, 2014, 5:27 PM

By entering a Wing heavy draft - in a year in which half the league (including three of the teams with whom KJ participated in private workouts) is openly dumping salary to make a run at LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony - and ultimately falling out of the first round, it really can't be argued that he didn't make a mistake.

The only opposing argument with validity is that by entering early and being picked out of the first round, he starts the clock on his hard-slotted rookie deal one year earlier, shortening the time until the lucrative second contract.

But his the lack of a guaranteed contract is being wrongly minimized - the guarantee forces the hand of the organization to formulate a 2-year plan for the player, and gives the player a safety net of being paid the going freight of an NBA rookie even if he is participating in the D-League.

And in the Sixers, McDaniels is going to an organization that has made no secret about their desire to continue tanking in order to stockpile draft assets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Working on the assumption that there *is* a second contract

Jun 30, 2014, 7:40 PM

is dangerous, IMO.

I wish him luck, but he messed up. And your point about the Sixers tanking is exactly what I was talking about, though I suppose that makes it more likely that he will find a spot on the team.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic