Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lulz. You can’t make this stuff up:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,564

Lulz. You can’t make this stuff up:

Nov 21, 2018, 7:28 AM

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/trump-pakistan-twitter-osama-bin-laden-1005556

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lulz. You can’t make this stuff up:

Nov 21, 2018, 7:56 AM

maybe not attack people on twitter who have nukes, just a thought.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump has a point. They take our money and offer little

Nov 21, 2018, 8:13 AM

back. They knew about Bin Laden and hid him for years. They're not our friends or an ally really. We give them almost 10% of their GDP in aid. As for Pakistan, they're more likely to go to war with India than terrorists. I got no problem with pulling their aid. Really thought it should have been done when we found Bin Laden held up in Pakistan. Then they got all mad we went in there to kill Bin Laden without telling them. Well, THEY were hiding him. If we told them, we would have never found him. They've gotten mad when we've killed terrorists on their soil before, while they do nothing. Again, I have no problem at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump has a point. They take our money and offer little

Nov 21, 2018, 8:17 AM

did you read the part where they lost 75k troops and 130 billion fighting our war? what do you think the number value is to 75k lives? we can subtract that from the 20 billion that trump thinks they owe us.

Re: Trump has a point. They take our money and offer little

Nov 21, 2018, 8:35 AM

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/pakistan-taliban-and-the-afghan-quagmire/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does “our war” mean? There are dozens of

Nov 21, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump has a point. They take our money and offer little ]

terrorist attacks within Pakistan every year. Is it not also “their war”?

And if the counter argument to that is “yes, but the terrorists wouldn’t attack them if they didn’t support the US,” then what are they to do? Simply become a rogue state that allows terrorist organizations to flourish?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: What does “our war” mean? There are dozens of

Nov 21, 2018, 10:09 AM

try to think back to who thought it would be a good idea to spread democracy throughout the region, and ended up destabilizing it instead . I think we own that one.

By all means, educate me on the US forcing democracy

Nov 21, 2018, 9:32 PM

down Pakistan’s throat. This ought to be a hoot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree with some of that. They are “officially” our friends

Nov 21, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Trump has a point. They take our money and offer little ]

, and Khan may be a friend, but I think they definitely have enemies of the U.S. in their govt. who may have tipped off Bin Laden throughout the years.

Khan may have the best of intentions but if they can’t keep secrets beneficial to the U.S. then I say they aren’t worthy of our financial support.

Trump, on the other hand, should handle it much more tactfully because many in their govt. are definitely our friends.

Effective diplomacy requires walking a fine line and not seeing things in such simpleton terms as in if a few Pakistani are bad, they are all bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wears his ignorance like a badge of honor.

Nov 21, 2018, 8:36 AM

The POT will just parrot whatever stupid #### he comes up with. The transformation of the GOP is complete. Ignorance is a virtue in today's POT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,564
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic