Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder why Simmons hasn't made it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,240

I wonder why Simmons hasn't made it

Jan 17, 2020, 2:42 PM

official?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably emotionally difficult...

Jan 17, 2020, 2:43 PM

he has his degree so there is no reason to stay

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: probably emotionally difficult...

Jan 17, 2020, 3:16 PM

Can't he go for his Masters?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely...***

Jan 17, 2020, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure would like to have him

Jan 17, 2020, 2:44 PM

One more season

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I wonder why Simmons hasn't made it

Jan 17, 2020, 3:22 PM

Same with Terrell. Its hard on them, these players love dabo and love to play for him and they dont want to go out with a loss.

Re: I wonder why Simmons hasn't made it

Jan 17, 2020, 5:23 PM

AJ looked like trash against LSU! He needs to stay and get some more reps in college.

He often looked like a Man among boys this season. Selfishly

Jan 17, 2020, 3:27 PM

would love if he came back. Can't imagine the beast he'd be next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he could improve his draft stock

Jan 17, 2020, 3:51 PM

There's talk about interest from Washington. I don't know if they would trade down to get him or take him where they are now, but he won't go outside the top 10 and possibly the top 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

By all indications, Simmons is a top draft pick...

Aug 27, 2017, 9:21 AM

But... sometimes I think these young men have too much pressure put on them to rush on to the next level before they are truly mentally prepared to leave college behind. Just look at all the media speculation and commenting regarding Simmons - most have been saying he would/should depart early for the NFL and have been doing so since early in the year.

Most people use the term it's a "business decision", and while I have no issues with that approach to life, there is a rare breed of young men who put other things ahead of the business end of a decision. CJ Spiller, Christian Wilkins, and Clelin Ferrell (to name a few) all put that "other thing" ahead of a business decision and it turned out rather well for all of them. In fact, I have a hard time recalling where such a decision to return for a senior year ended badly for a Clemson Tiger. Anyway, maybe Simmons is of the same mold and wants to fully exhaust his college experience?

I certainly won't blame Simmons if he foregoes a final year of eligibility for the NFL but I also won't think he is crazy for returning to play a final season at Clemson as well. The college experience is a once in a lifetime event. It will never happen again on any level and to rush out of college because of other's expectations and not your own is the one bad decision a young man can make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By all indications, Simmons is a top draft pick...

Jan 17, 2020, 4:13 PM

He announced prior to the season that he wouldn’t be returning no need to re-announce again

Pretty sure told everyone before the year that he was going

Jan 17, 2020, 4:12 PM

to the NFL. I could be wrong though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simmons has already said he is turning pro.

Jan 17, 2020, 4:33 PM

Is today or Monday the deadline to declare? We are only waiting on Terrell to make his decision. With or without AJ, next year's defense is going to be an abolute BEAST.

Still holding out until I see something official

Jan 17, 2020, 5:21 PM

Yes....he participated in Sr day...but so did CW42...and he came back.

In his pre-NCG interview...he kept saying he could come back because he had another year. No definitive answer.

Do I think he goes...yes. He has a degree....and will get drafted early. But still a piece of hope until he says it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,240
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic