»
Topic: Buzzards
Replies: 9   Last Post: Feb 10, 2019 1:54 PM by: Joe21®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Buzzards

[9]
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 1:29 PM

On my way to the grocery store this AM, there was a road kill I couldn't identify. It was partly on the road and two buzzards were enjoying breakfast. When a car approached, they ran to the side until it was safe to return. When I came back, another buzzard had joined them and they had pulled the road kill about 10 - 12 feet away from the road so they could enjoy their breakfast in peace.

I haven't seen many buzzards over the last several years and when I did see some, usually there were no more than five. When I was a kid we saw buzzards all the time. There was always a large number circling around, honing in on their target. My home town was in a farming community and there were lots of animals, both tame and wild, and when one died or got killed there was enough food for many buzzards. There are a large number of crows in the Clemson area and they get the small road kill. About 8 - 10 have taken up residence here at Clemson Downs. Maybe they are waiting on my demise.

military_donation.jpg

May they ALL die of starvation . . .

[3]
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 6:38 PM

waiting for your demise!!!

Long Live Joe!!!!!!! . . . a mighty Tiger he is!!!!!!!

2019 white level member

Re: Buzzards

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 6:54 PM

Most of the vultures I see don't have enough sense to get the kill out of the road. They fly or run off a short distance then run back in time for another car to run them off again. I guess that is why you never see a fat buzzard!

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 7:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpawva0vvjo&list=PL4NaUB9ggoMDw_BHHKHDDsPp58qu2_GUk

You don't have go to far outside of Clemson to see

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 7:46 PM

black buzzards or turkey vultures.

You've outlive what, 5 or 6 hundred generations of buzzards?

[2]
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 10:49 AM

My money is on you, sir.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

No shortage of buzzards here in Columbia.***

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 1:00 PM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 1:05 PM

come down to south Florida, it is a paradise for birds of prey. See huge vultures daily, all kinds of hawks, and I see bald eagles about 5 times a year.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” -Voltaire

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 1:54 PM

I lived in Belle Glade from Dec. 1951 - June 1955 before coming to Clemson. Saw lots of buzzards, eagles, alligators and even a panther.

military_donation.jpg

Oh, I thought you were talking about the buzzards waiting

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 1:15 PM

on whenever BB trips up so they can jump on him.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: I am selling my 2 seats for the UNC Charlotte game. These are located in Section UO Row X. They are ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1311 people have read this post