Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Butt boy Don Lemon and his ilk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 125
| visibility 1

Butt boy Don Lemon and his ilk

Jan 28, 2020, 4:32 PM

Finally showed their true colors last night. Hope the Fanboys are proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saw that. If Trump wins again, #### like that is will be why***

Jan 28, 2020, 4:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we talkin about this?

Jan 28, 2020, 4:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile

Jan 28, 2020, 4:52 PM

yep***

Jan 28, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Are we talkin about this? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty bad, esp since it was the reporter who didn't know

Jan 28, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Are we talkin about this? ]

How do you go from a reporter not knowing where Ukraine is to calling Trump supporters ignorant rednecks who don't know where Ukraine is?

Here's something left-wingers were laughing at from the same night, though:

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1221953995800862730?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you talking about the NPR reporter?***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:06 PM

Re: Pretty bad, esp since it was the reporter who didn't know

Jan 28, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Pretty bad, esp since it was the reporter who didn't know ]

Maybe I am missing your point. She knew where Ukraine was. That was the story.

The story was she pointed to Bangladesh

Jan 28, 2020, 5:11 PM

There's no way to really know what happened. She claims she "pointed to Ukraine," but if she pointed to the wrong place on the map, then she obviously wouldn't have known it.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She graduated magna ### laude from Harvard AND...

Jan 28, 2020, 5:20 PM

master's in European studies at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.

So, to think she couldn't find Ukraine on a map is hard to believe. Also, consider how petty and unprofessional Pompeo's letter was in its wording and the fact that NPR provided evidence that Kelly brought up asking about Ukraine before the interview (showing that Pompeo was incorrect/lying when he said she didn't).

huh-huh, you said ###.***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: huh-huh, you said ###.***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:23 PM

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't

Jan 28, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to She graduated magna ### laude from Harvard AND... ]

The point was that Lemon, et al. were discussing the claim that she couldn't find Ukraine on the map, not that Trump and his followers couldn't. But they made their discussion about Trumpian ignorance.

I think they were laughing at the irony of the situation***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:27 PM

Come on man........it was pisspoor.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:31 PM

Would have been just like some Fox anchors going on about Maxine Waters' intelligence using ebonics and their best Fat Albert Mushmouth imitation. That clip is the very essence of bigotry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

okay***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:32 PM

Eh...a bit of a stretch.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Come on man........it was pisspoor. ]

I mean, if somebody calls another person an elitist liberal because they can identify a country on a map, they kinda earned what's coming to them. I guess you could find a reason to be "offended" about the poor southern accent impression, but you'd have to try pretty hard. Obama and Trump both had/have blocs of voters that their intelligent, educated supporters would consider somewhat embarrassing, but that they feel some sort of obligation to defend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, they weren't talking about Trump.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:55 PM

And there was no discussion of someone calling someone elitist because they could identify a country.

They were talking about Pompeo which immediately morphed to Trump slams, which (unprompted) moved right into mocking his supporters. "Credulous boomer rubes"....bad redneck accents....acting like Trump supporters mocking education. They just confirmed what's pretty apparent; A large portion of proud card-carrying Democrats are fueled by delusions of grandeur and elitism.

Rick Wilson isn't a democrat, not sure about the other guy

Jan 28, 2020, 6:11 PM

and it's ironic you talk about the generalizing they're doing when you finish your point by doing the very exact thing.

a large portion isn't really generalizing. It could be 5%,

Jan 28, 2020, 6:14 PM

it could be 50%....who knows and I certainly didn't say, unlike the anchors who characterized all (not some, not a portion, not a percentage---all) Trump supporters as they did.

I know who Rick Wilson is, and I was primarily referring to Lemon who was snickering like a schoolboy the entire time.

I learned a long time ago that you don't judge any population by their worst 5%...someone should share that with those three guys.

Would most say three guys represents "a large portion"?

Jan 28, 2020, 6:23 PM

especially when at least one of them isn't part of the group you say they are representing?

Lemon seems to be laughing (or starts laughing) at the joke Wilson makes at Trump's expense of not being able to identify Ukraine if it had a picture of a crane and the letter "U" on it. And he looks like he isn't even listening to the rest of what's said, but maybe he is.

I would agree with you on your last sentence.

Valid point, were they the only ones expressing and/or

Jan 28, 2020, 6:30 PM

demonstrating such a position. Sadly they aren't.

so back to generalizing...

Jan 28, 2020, 6:36 PM

which is exactly what you are outraged they are doing.

I’m not sure you define generalizing the way I do.

Jan 28, 2020, 8:30 PM

I’m a little more literal.

lol, okay.***

Jan 28, 2020, 9:05 PM

Is this a Repub vs Democrat thing?

Jan 28, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Rick Wilson isn't a democrat, not sure about the other guy ]

Seems like its more of a CNN credibility thing..as Don Lemon can barely keep it together from laughing so hard. "He really needed that."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt this moves the needle on that in any one direction

Jan 28, 2020, 6:24 PM

This clip is mainly just getting play on conservative media, the rest don't seem to care about it.

LOL now THAT is a surprise***

Jan 28, 2020, 6:27 PM

My point exactly.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Doubt this moves the needle on that in any one direction ]

Were 3 Fox reporters mocking blacks and/or middle easterners...do you think it would get play on all media?

Those are ethnic groups, so yes.***

Jan 28, 2020, 6:27 PM

So it's OK to mock what we can only assume are white

Jan 28, 2020, 6:30 PM

Americans, using bigotry and disparaging caricatures?

Got it.

why can we only assume that?

Jan 28, 2020, 6:34 PM

Rick Wilson, who is from the south, uses a southern accent to make fun of some trump supporters. You can be outraged at that if you want.

You might want to look Rick Wilson up. This his what he does (he doesn't usually use a southern accent, I will grant you).

So Rick is making fun of black Trump supporters, who happen

Jan 28, 2020, 6:37 PM

to have a southern accent?

C'mon man...just stop.

...that seems unlikely to you? Why?***

Jan 28, 2020, 6:39 PM

I read here daily that blacks overwhelmingly hate Trump.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:45 PM

Its told that he has no black support due to his racism.

Are you saying that Trump has enough black supporters in the south to warrant such a hasty generalized caricature of his supporters?

And if he does, isn't Rick Wilson demeaning their intelligence by mocking them offensive to you?

CT88 says Trump has 30% of the black vote

Jan 28, 2020, 6:53 PM

no, I'm saying I think rick (specifically because of the accent) is connecting southern/dumb/old with trump supporters who cry foul at "elitist" liberals/democrats for being "smart" or "knowing things." The other guy joins in but never uses a southern accent (at least that I could tell). You can be offended by this characterization and that's fine. I've lived my whole life in the south and fully am aware of the stereotypes we carry. Rick is from the South (not sure if he spent his entire life here) so he might just be mocking the trump supporters he encounters, but it is probably likely he thinks most trump supporters believe similar things and it's fine to be upset at the characterization he is showing.

How you continue to defend that is baffling.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:56 PM

It is the exact same racism and bigotry that racist whites use, and is reprehensible when they do it.

There is no difference between what those 3 are doing and what you might hear at a Klan parade.

okay.***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:01 PM

Re: How you continue to defend that is baffling.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to How you continue to defend that is baffling. ]

It is the exact same racism and bigotry that racist whites use, and is reprehensible when they do it.

There is no difference between what those 3 are doing and what you might hear at a Klan parade.

Have you no shame? How dare you steal the go too insult from the far left. Racism is the first card they play.

And there's nothing racist about mocking a regional accent. I've been mocking New York City for years.

So you've been a bigot for years.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:21 PM

Congratulations.

Re: How you continue to defend that is baffling.

Jan 28, 2020, 8:02 PM [ in reply to How you continue to defend that is baffling. ]

how about racist blacks? oh yea liberals say that is impossible

You have to remember, us Southern

Jan 28, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to My point exactly. ]

White men all have everything we need and want and our white privilege allows us to be made fun of at any moment.

Just have to react at the voting booth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My point exactly.

Jan 28, 2020, 10:19 PM [ in reply to My point exactly. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

They were laughing about the basket of deplorables.***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to I think they were laughing at the irony of the situation*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently they are all Southern.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:11 PM

I'm sure Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Michigan are relieved.

My grandmother told me about people who think because...

Jan 28, 2020, 7:22 PM

I talk slow I think slow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The story was she pointed to Bangladesh

Jan 28, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to The story was she pointed to Bangladesh ]

She knew where it was without question. She had probably been there. She is a veteran foreign reporter who is very respected. Moreover, most people with basic European travel or a slightly above average education should know where it is. Its huge and right next to Russia. It can't be confused. Its the 2nd largest country in Europe. She knew 100%.

Re: The story was she pointed to Bangladesh

Jan 28, 2020, 7:01 PM [ in reply to The story was she pointed to Bangladesh ]

camcgee® said:

There's no way to really know what happened. She claims she "pointed to Ukraine," but if she pointed to the wrong place on the map, then she obviously wouldn't have known it.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Sorry Cam, but that is nonsense. Mary Louis Kelly has a Masters Degree from Cambridge University in European Studies. That and Bangladesh borders Thailand, 3700 miles from Ukraine. So no, it's not possible that she pointed to Bangladesh. Pompeo is being a petty

Another interesting question is why does Pompeo have a blank map of the world? Is it his go to 'gotcha' for people that disagree with him? Also, I find it telling that he kicked another journalist from NPR out of the press pool for his upcoming trip. Pompeo is falling apart I think. The stress of having to defend Potus all the time may be getting to him.

Yeah fortunately even less people watch FBN than CNN***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Pretty bad, esp since it was the reporter who didn't know ]

The fake southern accents are a nice touch.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Are we talkin about this? ]

A course on "How to win friends and influence enemies".

homage to the southern snowflake

Jan 28, 2020, 5:56 PM

it usually melts as soon as it is mocked.

Rick Perry, the guy on the right is from Tally, I believe.

homage to the southern snowflake

Jan 28, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to The fake southern accents are a nice touch. ]

it usually melts as soon as it is mocked.

Rick Perry, the guy on the right is from Tally, I believe.

Were it a black or Muslim that they were making fun of their

Jan 28, 2020, 5:59 PM

accents, would you feel different about it?

Wilson is from the south (well, Florida)

Jan 28, 2020, 6:26 PM

maybe he's making fun of the people he interacts with that are Trump supporters? Don't think the other guy puts on an accent.

The "other guy" chimes in with the lines

Jan 28, 2020, 6:32 PM

"you elitists with your geography and your maps, and your spelling...Your reading (you know), in what I can gather isn't his real accent.

And if the people that say, a fox new reporter interacted

Jan 28, 2020, 6:36 PM

with daily were ebonic speaking blacks, or middle easterner who can barely speak English, using your logic, it would be OK to mock them on an international television network?

I'm not sure how you can continue to defend this.

You are wasting your time

Jan 28, 2020, 6:40 PM

1.) Again, those are ethnicities, not political supporters

Jan 28, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to And if the people that say, a fox new reporter interacted ]

2.)I'm not saying it's okay. I said you can be offended by this if you want.

is "white" not an ethnicity?

Jan 28, 2020, 6:49 PM

The last federal job application I filled out certainly seemed to portray it to be.

They ever say "white people?"***

Jan 28, 2020, 6:56 PM

Yes, right beside "latino" and about 5-6 other

Jan 28, 2020, 7:01 PM

classifications

no, I meant in the video.***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:02 PM

I think we've already been through this.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:12 PM

Do the people in that video need to specify they meant white people when they said what they said?

Are there enough southern, black Trump supporters to create a stereotype identity that need to be separated from a southern, white Trump supporters sterotype?

And if they did specify they meant they were demeaning white people, does that somehow make their bigotry better?

Re: I think we've already been through this.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:20 PM

Do the people in that video need to specify they meant white people when they said what they said?

Are there enough southern, black Trump supporters to create a stereotype identity that need to be separated from a southern, white Trump supporters sterotype?

And if they did specify they meant they were demeaning white people, does that somehow make their bigotry better?

Oh they definitely meant White trump supporters. You can't think about Trump supporters without seeing a field of white people...

Deweather seems to doubt this.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:23 PM

I had no doubt at all that they were inferring all southern whites are unintelligent Trump supporters.

which would include Rick Wilson, the one making the claim

Jan 28, 2020, 7:28 PM

if your assumption is accurate which automatically disproves the argument.

I can’t let this go on anymore

Jan 28, 2020, 7:34 PM

Okay.***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:34 PM

Tens of thousands of uneducated southerners

Jan 28, 2020, 7:59 PM

self deprecation would disprove my argument?

Jan 28, 2020, 7:35 PM [ in reply to which would include Rick Wilson, the one making the claim ]

Everyone can use your wildly illogical reasoning.

To make your argument, yes they would have to say "white"

Jan 28, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to I think we've already been through this. ]

Rick (who is white), is connecting old, southern, dumb, and trump supporter together. I think you can be offended by that if you fit into any of those criteria. But, he never says "white" so you're inserting that belief into your argument when it's not backed up by anything other than your assumption.

So him making fun of black southerners would make

Jan 28, 2020, 7:33 PM

this even better.

Got it.

But thanks for the permission to be offended.

I didn't hear a southern accent, just a "dumb" person accent

Jan 28, 2020, 6:39 PM [ in reply to The "other guy" chimes in with the lines ]

in the way he said his sentences.

Rick uses a southern and dumb accent (just to clarify that these are two distinct accents).

They are? I think most would characterize his affect to be

Jan 28, 2020, 6:47 PM

southern, as well as the "other guy".

What does his imitation of a southern accent sound like?

Rick is using a southern accent, yes. I said as much.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:00 PM

I don't think the "other guy" ever puts on a southern accent.

We're really in the weeds with this topic.

Wait..you said Rick has "two distinct" accents.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:06 PM

"Rick uses a southern and dumb accent (just to clarify that these are two distinct accents)"

So now he was using the Southern accent?

Listen to the recording again.."the other guy" on the far left was using an affect that certainly wasn't real. I'm sure you'll argue however that it isn't 'necessarily' a southern accent.

At some point, probably not long from now, someone in the media will use an Ebonics affect, or mock a middle easterner, and be called out for it.

I'll be sure to remind you of your reasoning you've attempted today.

Re: Wait..you said Rick has "two distinct" accents.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:10 PM

He's arab I think, he tried a southern accent and wasn't quite able to pull it off.

You Trump supporters seem like easily offended Nancy's.

So it was a southern accent. Or an attempt at one.

At least you'll admit that.

I'm not supporting Trump. I haven't mentioned anything they said derogatory about Trump. As a southerner, all i have to do is tell someone what time it is and I am lumped into your stereotype, that these "journalists" are perpetuating.

Re: So it was a southern accent. Or an attempt at one.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:30 PM

Yeah, me too. But I've never minded it. My family is from Oconee County, SC where Deliverance was filmed. My grandfather was a moonshiner till he became a preacher. So I get that whole 'squeal like a pig" thing thrown at me. I don't really care.

Southerners know that we play dumb to take Northerners money on land deals. ;)

Re: The fake southern accents are a nice touch.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to The fake southern accents are a nice touch. ]

Rick Wilson was born and raised in Florida.

And?***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:25 PM

Re: Are we talkin about this?

Jan 28, 2020, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Are we talkin about this? ]

Yep, that's it. I'm surprised you haven't criticized the blatant partisanship of Hannity, Dobbs, Carlson, Ingraham....etc, etc.

In other words, if it comes from left-leaning media it's terrible, but if it comes from right-leaning media it's the truth and patriotic.

;)

Re: Butt boy Don Lemon and his ilk

Jan 28, 2020, 5:09 PM

Nah...it was dumb for him to say. He is pretty clueless to say that even if he believes it.
That said, that is weekly on Fox and has been for a decade.

Has anyone openly mocked blacks, or made disparaging

Jan 28, 2020, 5:18 PM

Muslim accents?

If so, I'd like to hear that.

Fox's viewers are spread across the political spectrum.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:29 PM

Unlike MSNBC, CNN, ABC and CBS who compete for the same viewers none of them compete with Fox. Fox never insults the integrity or intelligence of the viewer.

Fox never insults the integrity/intelligence of the viewer..

Jan 28, 2020, 5:32 PM

Have you not heard that Fox is left-wing now?

Jan 28, 2020, 5:47 PM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1222183788924502017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1222183788924502017&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fdonny-trump-calls-out-fox-news-goat-gonna-goat.915211%2F

So wait, Trump is mad that Fox had a Dem on their network?

Jan 28, 2020, 7:57 PM

So he wants Fox to be a biased network, but then claims others like CNN are #fakenews? I mean we knew he’s a moron, but he keeps reinforcing that point .

wut?***

Jan 28, 2020, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Fox's viewers are spread across the political spectrum. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox's viewers are spread across the political spectrum.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Fox's viewers are spread across the political spectrum. ]

Unlike MSNBC, CNN, ABC and CBS who compete for the same viewers none of them compete with Fox. Fox never insults the integrity or intelligence of the viewer.

Right. Only conservatives can stand Fox after 6pm. They insult the intelligence of every non-conservative who might be watching after that. No one is as over the top, and propagandist as Hannity. For a year he tried to convince his viewers that Seth Rich, who was robbed and murdered on the street, was killed by the DNC for leaking emails. It was all a lie, he doesn't get a Mulligan for that. Rich's parents finally sued Fox and the 2 Murdoch sons told Hannity to shut his stupid mouth.

Actually, at 6 Baier newcast begins.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:18 PM

Bret is fair as rain. After his show Mccallum's news program airs and it's a bit more conservative than Baier but not enough to taint news. Both have panels of guest who discuss current events in a fair and balanced way.

After that comes the crazies, Carlson and Hannity. Much of what they say is true and Carlson constantly disagrees with Trump on certain subjects. Hannity has John Solomon on regularly and JS broke the FISA abuse story on Hannity's show. There's plenty of accurate negative things to say about Hannity but he was correct in standing firm on the Russian collusion hoax.

Both, Carlson and Hannity are entertainment and not intended to be news though both have interesting guest like Dershowitz and professionals in a variety of science fields. I only watch either when their guest are covering topics I am interested in.

You should try Bret Baier's show at 6PM. It's as close to unbiased news as you'll find anywhere.

Re: Actually, at 6 Baier newcast begins.

I stand corrected, I thought Baer started at 6. My bad.

Haha that’s funny. Conservatives watch Fox. And independents

Jan 28, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Fox's viewers are spread across the political spectrum. ]

like myself who want to see/laugh at what alternative reality the Trump base is living in at the moment.

Re: Has anyone openly mocked blacks, or made disparaging

Jan 28, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Has anyone openly mocked blacks, or made disparaging ]

Not that I know of, but it goes pretty deep as far the nutty things that are said on Fox about liberals. There is a lot of more overt hate going on over there. The liberals usually take a more a smug approach.

I didn't even get into the smugness, or even the content

Jan 28, 2020, 6:07 PM

of what they were saying.

Imagine if 3 white Fox reporters were mimicking Ebonics and a middle eastern accent, talking about how stupid the people they were mocking were?

There would be boycotts and demands for them all to be fired--yesterday, and then be 'cancelled'.

Huge double standard here.

Re: I didn't even get into the smugness, or even the content

Jan 28, 2020, 7:07 PM

Was what he did racist?

Re: I didn't even get into the smugness, or even the content

Jan 28, 2020, 7:28 PM

I'll refer you here:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-point-exactly-26812552

It starts to go off the rails however when deweather illogically argues that Rick Wilson didn't specifically mean white people, and later, that Rick has two distinct accents he uses for "dumb" people and "southerners".

You can sound like a dumb person and not use southern accent

Jan 28, 2020, 7:31 PM

Rick is trying to sound like a person with a southern accent AND a dumb person (a common stereotype)

hold on again...you just said that he can't be doing that

Jan 28, 2020, 7:37 PM

because he is from the south.

You are really all over the place on this one.

doing what?***

Jan 28, 2020, 7:41 PM

Your entire argument is that Rick and the other guy

Jan 29, 2020, 10:30 AM

weren't necessarily talking about white southerners.

Does it matter?

I think Rick is certainly talking about dumb southerners

Jan 29, 2020, 3:09 PM

I don't hear the southern accent on the other guy's attempt as, to me, he's emulating "dumb person" speech. The only push back I've given is that at no point do they say anything about "whites" and so you're just assuming that part of their critique.

As for your second question, I don't think that video clip matters in the larger political game being played. But, maybe I'll be proven wrong...

Re: Has anyone openly mocked blacks, or made disparaging

Jan 28, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Has anyone openly mocked blacks, or made disparaging ]

Oh, lawd, grow a thicker skin. I've got a pretty blatant Upstate accent and I don't get butthurt when people poke fun at me about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

This is the same reasoning white supremacists use

Jan 29, 2020, 10:02 AM

Nice!

Yes, yes...

Jan 29, 2020, 10:10 AM

Because advocating that one race is superior and advocating for the systematic elimination of "inferior races" is the same as someone poking fun at you for being dumb enough to support Trump and making fun of your accent.

Except poking fun at a minority as a white person gets you

Jan 29, 2020, 10:17 AM

labeled as a white supremacist/racist. The double standard is painfully obvious, can't you admit that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poking fun at a minority, if you're white...

Jan 29, 2020, 10:25 AM

Now equals white supremacy?

Haven't seen that equivalency made.

And y'all are arguing this white Republican guy on CNN making fun of Trumpies is the same thing?

It's only OK because he made fun of the only group

Jan 29, 2020, 10:32 AM

it's socially acceptable to make fun of. Imagine the uproar had they donned a latino accent and started suggesting they go collect gasoline in 5 gallon buckets from a hole in the pipeline. RACIST!!!!! RACIST!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want some real laughs...read through Deweather's

Jan 29, 2020, 10:45 AM

attempts at defending this. It ranges from "I don't think the other guy was using an accent" to "Rick has two accents he uses..one is the "dumb guy" accent, and the other is a "southerner" acccent".

My favorite justification by far is that "How do you know Rick was talking about White Trump supporters?" Because you know...there are so many southern, black Trump supporters.

Catahoula's is pretty good too though I guess. "Just get a thicker skin" that two guys on an international new program are making fun of an entire region, and race. Nice.

Can you imagine using any of those reasons if the reporters had been Fox news reporters?

If you get upset and offended...

Jan 29, 2020, 3:05 PM

By a couple of random clowns on an irrelevant 10 p.m. CNN show making fun of your accent and adoration for this dumb president, especially a clown like Don Lemon, then dude, you have problems that may be hard to fix.

And if you think this was somehow an attack on white people and you're offended by that, then lawd.

Don't go outside. You might melt.

So you thought he was making fun of all white people?

Jan 29, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to It's only OK because he made fun of the only group ]

Seemed to me he was making fun of Southerners. And if he lives in the South, I'm not surprised.

Hell, I think I've done a thicker, more ridiculous Southern accent to mock Trumpies. Comparing it to racial issues is silly.

Re: So you thought he was making fun of all white people?

Jan 29, 2020, 2:16 PM

Re: So you thought he was making fun of all white people?

Jan 29, 2020, 3:02 PM

Spartanburg, bruh. Born and raised. And when I speak, I can't hide it.

I just don't get upset when people make fun of the South or our accents or whatever. You know, when people know that upsets you, they tend to do it more.

I'm also aware Spartanburg sucks, so you won't hurt my feelings piling on the hate. So do as you will.

No hate. I was just curious

Jan 29, 2020, 3:40 PM

Does it make that person a racist?

Jan 29, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Poking fun at a minority, if you're white... ]

rac·ist
/?r?s?st/

noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Re: Does it make that person a racist?

Jan 29, 2020, 2:12 PM

I think we both know it depends on what's actually being said.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:50 PM

Interesting, they showed the same partisan 'true colors' as Fox News has for a decade.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:51 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Has-anyone-openly-mocked-blacks-or-made-disparaging-26812231

Fox has never done anything like that.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Butt boy Don Lemon and his ilk ]

Pointing the finger at Fox with everyone here knowing what you think about Fox is shaped by Fox's competitors is not at all like you.

Re: Fox has never done anything like that.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:26 PM

I tend to refer to Fox News when I'm thinking of Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham, Bondigo, Fox and Friends, Jesse Waters..etc, because they work for Fox News.

You are correct that there is a difference between Fox News and opinion. But they sprinkle in some of the opinion people in over the course of a day. Greg Gutfield, Harris Falkner...not straight news.

They mix it in all day.

Looking at their website they push their opinion articles as “news.”

Jan 28, 2020, 8:04 PM

They have some very amateur writing on the top stories on their site.

As opposed to ### who shows no bias in reporting.

Jan 29, 2020, 10:41 AM

Please show me who reports politics without bias other that Chris Wallace on Fox News.

Can’t see who you’re talking about because it’s censored.

Jan 29, 2020, 11:52 AM

But CNN’s online articles are much more objective than Fox’s. Also CNN clearly identify their opinion articles (which are biased) as opinion, whereas Fox presents theirs as “news.”

Sure is a lot of a discussion over something simple.

Jan 28, 2020, 10:15 PM

Here, I could have saved y'all time.

1. Don Lemon sucks and isn't a credible journalist. Don't take anything he does seriously.
2. Rick Wilson is an actual Republican conservative.
3. He's dead-on making fun of Trumpies who think they're smart while somehow laughing at "liberal elitism". Which is just their code words for someone who is smarter than them.
4. If you're butthurt by #3, you're kind of proving my point. Smart people don't get butthurt when people crack jokes like that.

There. Saved y'all time.

Thanks for your enlightenment.

Jan 29, 2020, 10:46 AM

It's your world..we're just all living in it.

Re: Thanks for your enlightenment.

Jan 29, 2020, 2:49 PM

I typed that with a really exaggerated Southern accent just for y'all.

Replies: 125
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic