Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson-Louisville was most-watched prime-time game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,981

FB Update: Clemson-Louisville was most-watched prime-time game

Sep 20, 2017, 9:28 AM

Clemson-Louisville was most-watched prime-time game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But..But..We're not Elite like..

Sep 20, 2017, 9:45 AM

USC, Notre Dame, LSU, or Alabama!

Re: But..But..We're not Elite like..

Sep 20, 2017, 10:21 AM

Any big game that we play in there is going to be a big TV audience, and it won't be bc they are big time Clemson fans, it's bc sports fans want to see the big dog get knocked off. Just as FB fans got tired of Bama being the big dogs, they will with us also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But..But..We're not Elite like..

Sep 20, 2017, 10:46 AM

Is people tuning in to watch you LOSE not a proof of being an Elite program?

Oh boy...

Sep 20, 2017, 10:36 AM [ in reply to But..But..We're not Elite like.. ]

CootVegas ain't gonna like this.

Re: 'Merica's Team!

Sep 20, 2017, 11:49 PM [ in reply to But..But..We're not Elite like.. ]

It's not that we aren't a top-tier program - that attracts audiences - that's quite easy to conclude we are.

It's the term "elite" in itself, the use of the term is too often mis-appropriated, mis-used, and reflects an air of aloof BS that just isn't us.

I know we are one of the top programs in the country right now - but would never use that term. Just sayin' ...

Oh by the way, thinking VT and FSU will also result in top rating for us again ...

Sep 20, 2017, 12:20 PM

So the top-tier would be considered...elite?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 1:39 PM

No, because they're not the same thing.

For instance there is a group of top-tier bourbons, that many enjoy, grade, and discuss different attributes - which collectively many will undoubtedly agree they are in a select class by themselves.

However, reaching a consensus as to which individual bourbon (or maybe two) is considered "elite" is impossible.

Sep 20, 2017, 1:43 PM

Elite means: a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities.

Therefore, the "top-tier" would be the select group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or quality, i.e. elite.

I think you're confusing elite with the absolute best which would be only one team, where as elite programs can be 3, 4, 5, even 6 teams.

Sep 20, 2017, 2:06 PM

Fair enough -

I'm still holding firm to my belief we are "'Merica's Team" in college football - what's not to like?!!

LOL! Ha ha!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

I REALLY like what Tiger99and00 sezs here:

Sep 20, 2017, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: 'Merica's Team! ]

"It's the term "elite" in itself, the use of the term is too often mis-appropriated, mis-used, and reflects an air of aloof BS that just isn't us."

ESPECIALLY the ..."and reflects an air of aloof BS that just isn't us."

AMEN . . . .

Let's be the absolute best team, have the most amazing game day experience anywhere, have the most amazing fans without all the aloof BS and "superior" attitude and just have a great time !

Isn't that why we are fans ? To have a good time doing something we love to do !

Let OTHER people label us . . . we are FAMILY . . . . that's all that matters.

(Fade to sunset over Death Valley with Kumbyyyyaahhhh playing in the background)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I REALLY like what Tiger99and00 sezs here:

Sep 20, 2017, 5:28 PM

Smh

Re: I REALLY like what Tiger99and00 sezs here:

Sep 20, 2017, 5:30 PM

Smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Since up here New England won the Super Bowl....

Sep 20, 2017, 10:12 AM

I got all my Pats friends to watch this Louisville game with me. They had a blast and were quite impressed. They also love Dabo's comment "We are attacking champions". They are now using the same expression for their Pats.

I keep telling them I'll take them down to the Valley one day for a real football game.

They can't really grasp the concept we have 20K more fans at Clemson than Gillette....

Re: FB Update: Clemson-Louisville was most-watched prime-time game

Sep 20, 2017, 11:31 AM

It shows Clemson is becoming a national brand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,981
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic