Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Outside perspective on our program seems to defy the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,591

Outside perspective on our program seems to defy the

Jan 4, 2014, 7:40 PM

prevailing TigerNet opinion of what Dabo has done at Clemson:

"What it means: Clemson finished off an 11-win season for the second consecutive year. That's the first time in school history that Tigers have posted back-to-back 11-win campaigns. Maybe more importantly, they won their first BCS game just before the end of the BCS era and helped redeem themselves from the 2012 Orange Bowl disaster against West Virginia. Losing Boyd and Watkins will be tough to overcome, but this program has established itself as a legitimate national power under Dabo Swinney."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/92558/instant-analysis-discover-orange-bowl

"Clemson has a Chick-fil-A win over LSU, a victory over a healthy and loaded Georgia, and an Orange Bowl win over Ohio State. Dabo Swinney’s program has proved it belongs among the elite."

"What’s next for Clemson?

The program is at a point where it reloads instead of rebuilds, but the loss of Tajh Boyd will be a problem – Cole Stoudt is a big passer with good potential."

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1359311.html

Seems like our cheerleader WR coach is doing okay!

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now a reloader instead of a rebuilder- perfectly put and

Jan 4, 2014, 8:14 PM

what has been my prevailing thought but not able to put into words so succinctly. Sustainability at the top tier is where we now are. Dabo has done that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly not trying to diminish what he has done or the

Jan 4, 2014, 8:28 PM

Point of the posts, but I think this coming season will tell us if we have reached the reloading rather than rebuilding level. These seniors were his first class and on what he built his program's foundation. 2014 will tell us if the next group of seniors and underclassmen can continue the success proving the foundation is solid. There is no doubt he has recruited well except for maybe OL, so this coming season will show if the program can survive major leadership losses. If so, and I think it can, then, yes, we'll be reloading each year rather than rebuilding which is the sign of a national power.

Re: Outside perspective on our program seems to defy the

Jan 4, 2014, 8:29 PM

Some good points,but some differences of opinions.
First,we are not at the point where we are reloading.
Only a few teams (like Bama maybe OSU) are ever at that point of reloading.We still have issues with line play but Dabo has certainly recruited those areas as well as anyone.
Sure losing Boyd will be a problem,but the loss of Shaw at Carolina,McCarron at Bama or Murray at UGA poses the
same problems for those schools.But we will have three talented qb's to compete next season.
Now regarding the back to back 11 win seasons,our instate rival as done likewise while dominating us 5 straight seasons.That has to change.
Same with FSU,playing for the NC.Clemson's win in the Orange certainly will help to maintain thr current recruiting levels,but FSU is slightly ahead at this junture.
I do like the direction Dabo is taking this program,but we are still not where we want to be if we want to included in the new 4 team playoff format starting in 2014.

yes, but 11 wins is the same as 10 wins when we

Jan 4, 2014, 8:30 PM

played one less game. We added an extra scub to our schedule every year. 2 losses is still 2 losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But then by that same logic...

Jan 4, 2014, 9:15 PM

Couldn't you argue that by adding more teams to the schedule, you also will statistically have more losses? It could go either way. 10 wins back in the day was a really good team, and 11 wins now is a really good team.

no because we added a scrub team, we now play two scrubs

Jan 4, 2014, 9:56 PM

a year instead of one. The extra game has never added an extra loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it is the prevailing opinion,

Jan 4, 2014, 8:35 PM

it's just the one that gets posted 50 times a day by about 5-10 people.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

U always notice squeaky wheel and not one that rolls quietly***

Jan 4, 2014, 8:54 PM

How about the program reloads and CONTINUES building

Jan 4, 2014, 9:03 PM

Part of my expectation is more consistent execution of fundamentals. Winning every game would be great, but being in the game till the end in a loss proves coaching and development. FSU game was the glaring example of everything being off in every aspect of the game.

I think younger and less experienced coaches have a lot to do with it. Next season we will see if coaches are maturing with this reloading, or not.

Of course, we are about to find out if FSU is simply a phenom this year or if they can be slowed down by an average SEC defense.

Whats next '"reloading"***

Jan 4, 2014, 9:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just not familiar with the implosion of the ACC.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:16 PM

Aside from the top 2 or 3 teams, the ACC has turned to complete garbage, and most of the teams would struggle in the SoCon

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,591
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic