Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball issue is all recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Basketball issue is all recruiting

Mar 20, 2019, 12:37 PM

Example: 2019 class is 36 in the nation vs 60 in nation for 2018, so apparent positive reaction. However that only puts us 7 in the acc for 2019 vs 10 for acc in 2018. Until we are recruiting at top 5 within conference, we can’t reasonably expect to be top 5 in acc record each year.

One cause for hope is we currently have 5 or 6 guys on the roster for next year that are in our top 27 highest rated since early 2000s.

If 2020 class shows promise, ie better than 7 in conference, then you stay the course and continue the steady improvement as CBB does coach guys up better than most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball issue is all recruiting

Mar 20, 2019, 12:57 PM

Yeah the biggest problem is recruiting but every year the team has the same style. Poor to AVG FTs, just about every game a scoring drought, can’t handle the press very well etc etc etc.
So your saying it’s all on the coach , I agree

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 1:08 PM

once again superfan you are fos. better check the stats before you say anything idiotic, oh wait, that isnt possible. we had 2 guys that were 1-2 in the acc in ft % and shot almost 75% as a team. pretty sure if you bother to look we were 1st in the acc as a team last year. maybe you should just stick to bashing monte lee and our baseball program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the bottom line is that we're not recruiting the level..

Mar 20, 2019, 1:26 PM

of talent we must have to be successful in the ACC, much less nationally.

I have to hold Brownell responsible for this since he's the HC. That's why we need to bring somebody else in as the HC to see if he can do better.

No reason to keep going with Brownell when he's had plenty of time to prove his abilities.

8th in Free Throw Percentage as a team in the Conference

Mar 20, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball issue is all recruiting ]

If you go to ESPN.com and go look at ACC TEam Stats it breaks them all down.

If you average all the quantified stat percentages among the conference (PPG, RB, FT, STLS, BLKS, etc.) we finish 9th in TEAM STATS. Just find that kinda fitting since we finished 9th out of 15 teams overall in the ACC.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring-per-game/seasontype/2/group/2

Get him Derp***

Mar 20, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball issue is all recruiting ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 20, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball issue is all recruiting ]

Did this clown even watch a game this year?

Poor to average ft shooting? You’re an idiot

Can’t handle a press? Also not even close to accurate.

We do seem to go on a scoring drought every game. So you are correct on 1 of 3 of your points

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 2:45 PM

No I have been watching them for the last 30+ years.
75% is pretty AVG and up until last season we were at the bottom. We had 2 5th year SRs that shot most of our FTs this season. You take those 2 out and see what it gives you.
And oh yeah screw you !

Mar 20, 2019, 2:56 PM

If I had a team that lost as many 1-2 pt games as CBB has . I would go with the idea that maybe 2-3 more made FTs might allow us to win some of these games . It’s very rare that we make both our FTs in crunch time .

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic