Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney: The ACC is a "league that's on its way"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney: The ACC is a "league that's on its way"

Jun 22, 2014, 12:56 PM

Swinney: The ACC is a "league that's on its way"

The ACC Football Kickoff will be held 28 days from today, and with Louisville and Notre Dame added to the mix, the conference should be even better. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney thinks it will be, and says that the league is on it's way to being great. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC teams need to win more bowl games and beat OOC foes

Jun 22, 2014, 1:10 PM

We have to stop with this James Madison crap up at VT too.

It'll take more for the league to get above 5th

Jun 22, 2014, 1:42 PM

In the "power league" rankings. There is no doubt the ACC is improving, but few other conferences are stagnant either. The past couple of years in bowl performances are a pretty good indicator that the ACC still struggles OOC.

Re: It'll take more for the league to get above 5th

Jun 22, 2014, 2:42 PM

You know National Championship and Orange Bowls were OOC right?

And our "3rd best team, Duke" really had to blow the game to lose the Chic-fil-a bowl too. The ACC was minutes away from winning the 3 biggest games that any conference could win in bowl season and won the two best.

With Louisville coming in with a new but very good coach, miami recovering from the NCAA cloud, and UNC stepping it up the ACC is looking VERY VERY good.

If GT got rid of PJ they will be able to unleash their potential and if Beamer get's back to his usual dominance the ACC will nearly have too many good teams.

The Chic-Fil-A bowl is not the biggest non-BCS bowl, so

Jun 22, 2014, 2:55 PM

the ACC was not minutes away from winning the "3 biggest games" 1 conference could win in bowl season.

Re: The Chic-Fil-A bowl is not the biggest non-BCS bowl, so

Jun 22, 2014, 4:21 PM

Yes it is and yes they were. HTH, Mikey.

GO ACC AND GO TIGERS!

Actually, we were... Give me you alternatives then...***

Jun 22, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to The Chic-Fil-A bowl is not the biggest non-BCS bowl, so ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to The Chic-Fil-A bowl is not the biggest non-BCS bowl, so ]

He was referring to last year dumb$hit!!

The CFB was year before last you stupid Coot!

Btw.....during the "BCS era" how many BCS bowls did the Coots win????

Now run along and go peck in some dirt!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2014, 11:20 PM

they have never won a BCS bowl but they were champions of the bowl season remember lol... What losers!

Anyways, If the ACC could get one more team like Miami or VT to be consistently relevant then have a few ok teams in Louisville and UNC then IMO we would be just as good as any other conference. We have a lot of teams that are ok right now bit if we had 3 year in year out top 15's the conference would be pretty skrong.

WON!!!! LOL, they haven't even SMELLED one.***

Jun 22, 2014, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The Chic-Fil-A bowl is not the biggest non-BCS bowl, so ]

National Championship, Orange Bowl, Peach Bowl?!

Jun 22, 2014, 10:54 PM [ in reply to The Chic-Fil-A bowl is not the biggest non-BCS bowl, so ]

You got a better line up?

The only other option is National Championship, Sugar, Capital One but lets be honest - the Peach has passed the Capital One. Its a part of the College Football Playoff so hands down far more important.

Re: It'll take more for the league to get above 5th

Jun 22, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: It'll take more for the league to get above 5th ]

I dont want the ACC to be good. I want it to be like it was in the early 90's except I want us to be dominant like FSU was and EVERYONE else be our door mat. Playing in a super tough conference is not all its cracked up to be. All I care is that if we are undefeated at the end of the season, we make it into a national championship game. For what I care, the rest of the conference can suck and it will be fine with me.

Why are people so paranoid about wanting the ACC to be

Jun 22, 2014, 11:37 PM

as strong as it can be? Simply because the coots stand behind the SEC banner? Who cares what the coots do or don't do. A weak ACC isn't going to help us achieve the goal of a NCAA championship so I see no benefit to hope every other ACC team "sucks".

Should have been "not wanting" the ACC to be as strong.***

Jun 22, 2014, 11:39 PM

Re: Should have been "not wanting" the ACC to be as strong.***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:45 PM

You're missing the point. A strong ACC helps Clemson in a number of ways. 1) It helps financially because it generates a better TV deal. 2) It helps with strength of schedule and general respect when it comes to selecting teams for the college football playoffs. 3) The same respect a strong ACC generates for bowl selection has a similar impact on some recruits. 4) From a personal standpoint, it means that we get to watch better football games.

The negative is that Clemson needs to play well in more of its games. We get fewer games off.

But the big $64k question is...

Jun 22, 2014, 2:00 PM

Will Dabo beat the ##### and FSU this year will it be same old same old?

This is the reality that should burn like an ember in his soul every hour of every day.

Re: But the big $64k question is...

Jun 22, 2014, 2:46 PM

He won the Orange Bowl, let that burn into your soul.

He lost to the national champs, like everyone else did and a very good coot team in Columbia.

Tennessee and UGA beat USC and didn't get squat from it. Be happy we got an Orange bowl victory.

Re: But the big $64k question is...

Jun 22, 2014, 4:19 PM

Happy, but not satisfied. Need to win ACC and state championships!

And don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful...

Jun 22, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: But the big $64k question is... ]

I just want fire in the belly to beat FSU and the coots!

Re: And don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful...

Jun 24, 2014, 12:50 PM

I think that's the wrong approach for a couple reasons. 1) It puts additional mental pressure on young kids and makes them more prone to mistakes. See last year's usc-e game for specific examples. 2) Putting certain games higher on the priority list by definition lowers others. I don't want to beat FSU and then lose to the Heels and Louisville next year.

Dabo is building a strong program and focusing on one game at a time. He's recruiting well, hiring good assistants,and creating an evironment in which both the players and coaches can thrive. He's providing leadership, motivation, and guidance. He's focusing on the things he needs to do to have a team ready to win the big games. Then, we'll be ready to beat FSU, usc-e, ND, Miami, VPI, Louisville, and whoever else gets in our way.

Re: And don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful...

Jun 24, 2014, 3:10 PM

I can appreciate that point too. :)

I don't have conference pride

Jun 22, 2014, 9:22 PM

I just hate the SEC.

Dabo probably doesn't either but he's a diplomat.

Jun 24, 2014, 3:02 PM

He represents our University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney: The ACC is a "league that's on its way"

Jun 22, 2014, 9:24 PM

ACC is moving toward the top in the power conference ratings. But the SEC had some tough losses in conference. Alabama lost a couple crucial games. So did LSU. To continue moving toward the top, the ACC has to continue winning OOC games. Clemson has to continue recruiting hard, getting top notch players and winning OCC games. With the next 2 recruiting classes( if they all stick to their commitments), Clemson should be in the mix for some stellar winning seasons. Maybe even win the ACC and a major bowl or National Championship.

Re: New Story: Swinney: The ACC is a "league that's on its way"

Jun 22, 2014, 9:31 PM

ACC depth is a weakness. FSU and Clemson are top tier and can play w/anyone right now. Behind us is VT and Louisville ...possibly UNC this season. Then well back is Miami and ND . Well....then there is everyone else.
We need better performances OOC from the scrubs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What's Notre Dame got to do with ACC football? They are

Jun 22, 2014, 10:38 PM

independent in Football. They are not in the mix like this article states.

Article I was reading ealier today ranked the ACC 3rd.

Jun 24, 2014, 2:44 PM

It noted that although the Big 12 had fewer weak teams it was also a smaller conference, and said the ACC was basically as good as the Big 10 but because we just won the national chamnpionship and the Orange Bowl we got a slight edge. I'd say I agree. When you look at the Big 10 they are living on tradition and past history, but they've only got two good teams right now. The ACC is as good as anybody outside of the SEC. But head to head we're also a step behing the PAC-12.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic