Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson drops in new top-25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson drops in new top-25

Mar 5, 2018, 12:38 PM

Clemson drops in new top-25

Clemson dropped in the polls after splitting games last week with Florida State (76-63 home win) and Syracuse (55-52 road loss). The Tigers (22-8, 11-7 ACC) mov Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We beat Cuse on Saturday

Mar 5, 2018, 12:44 PM

We just couldn't beat Cuse + refs. When it became 5 on 8 it was too much to overcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: We beat Cuse on Saturday

Mar 5, 2018, 12:48 PM

I did notice a ridiculous number of thrown away passes, turnovers and multiple offensive rebounds for Syracuse. Clemson's offense just not enough to overcome this many mistakes. All of this should have been cleaned up in December and January.

Mar 5, 2018, 12:53 PM

Yeah, Clemson's 'dirty' play hurt their chances at winning more than 22 games. Utterly pathetic. Udderly.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to admit the turnovers have been a big problem

Mar 5, 2018, 12:55 PM

But we've been good enough to overcome those mistakes when it has been a fair contest. Without those turnovers, the game can't be taken over by officiating. But turnovers + b.s. calls took us down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Let's not leave out the wonderful shooting display...

Mar 5, 2018, 12:58 PM

"They just outplayed us in the second 20 minutes," Clemson coach Brad Brownell said. "It was hard to score out there."

Marcquise Reed had 21 points and Elijah Thomas 18 to lead Clemson as the pair accounted for all 27 Clemson points in the second half. Gabe DeVoe was 2 of 13, 0 of 6 from beyond the arc, for four points, and Shelton Mitchell failed to score despite playing all 40 minutes. DeVoe was averaging 13.3 points and Mitchell 11.9.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400986290

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it wasn't just missing shots, it was missing

Mar 5, 2018, 1:04 PM

bad shots. There were times where it felt like our team had never seen a 2-3 zone before, forcing deep 3s, passing the ball into the trap zones, missing opportunities to pass it inside, etc. I actually thought Brad made some good 2nd half adjustments against the zone, but don't understand why we didn't start that way. Maybe he thought Cuse would come out in a man defense?

Idk, it's what I've come to expect from a Boeheim team...

Mar 5, 2018, 1:09 PM

Aren't his zones Cuse's calling cards of sorts?

You are mo Xs & Os inclined in the round balls than me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that was the point that was dripping with sarcasm

Mar 5, 2018, 1:14 PM

We should've been better prepared. But then again, because it's what Syracuse does, and that's all they practice, it's probably difficult to simulate. Kind of like teams who used some 3rd string bench guy to simulate DW4 a couple years ago, it ain't the same and it ain't even close.

Forgive me for spelling it out for peoples...

Mar 5, 2018, 1:18 PM

they know whom they be.

I expected the low scoring affair, I was surprised at some of the prayers though, but that's what Cuse does by winning the tempo and controlling the ball on both ends as they do.

Clemson played hard, no moral victory, just something I've admired about this team all year, save maybe the UVA game when the Hoos stole all of Clemson's sunshine after the first 10 minutes or so.

No doubt, this team has been fun to watch as they are

Mar 5, 2018, 1:21 PM

scrappy. The UVA game was a perfect storm losing Grantham and having to face arguably the best team in the nation on the road immediately after. The team could have easily folded after that loss but they didn't. They just kept battling.

^^^This Guy^^^

Mar 5, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to But it wasn't just missing shots, it was missing ]

I literally was saying the same thing to myself Saturday about how our Tigers appeared to have never seen a zone before. Now I am super proud of our guys but there are times when I just have to scratch my head. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's correct. And for the life of me I don't

Mar 5, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: We beat Cuse on Saturday ]

understand why we struggle inbounding the ball on our own baseline. I also got really, really PO'd when CBB didn't call a timeout on our 2nd to last possession when he was sitting on 2 TOs. Heck, maybe he was worried about having to inbound the ball if he called a TO.

That being said, take away the awful calls down the stretch and we played good enough to win on the road. The 2 fouls on Thomas were atrocious and were the difference between winning and losing.

I usually hold the team accountable and just say...

Mar 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

deal with bad refs. If we play clean, the refs don't affect the outcome. But at some point, officiating needs to be balanced down the stretch, or maybe we can even get the benefit of the doubt. It seems like on the road, the home team gets all the calls in the last 2mins.

In the last six minutes of the game...

Mar 5, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to That's correct. And for the life of me I don't ]

there were 6 fouls called on Clemson and just 1 foul called on Cuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That woudn't bother me a bit, if we....

Mar 5, 2018, 1:07 PM

were committing more fouls and that's just the way it happened. WHat matters is that they were bs calls generally and lack of calls.

I couldn't find that in the box score?***

Mar 5, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to We beat Cuse on Saturday ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's there, look next to Elijah's stat line where it says

Mar 5, 2018, 1:15 PM

4 personal fouls. Hth

Well, what is it you're questioning Frances?

Mar 5, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I couldn't find that in the box score?*** ]

Are you seriously questioning objective reality?

Mar 5, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to We beat Cuse on Saturday ]

When it became 8 on 5, it was impossible!!!;)

It just does not matter (much)

Mar 5, 2018, 4:27 PM

The bottom line, depending on how Them Tigers do in the ACCT, should be no lower then a 5 seed in the NCAAT. And at 5 we are amongst teams that we should beat. I am happy as heck we are talking about seeds and rankings this year vs the alternative, and I am confident this trend will continue from now on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson drops in new top-25

Mar 5, 2018, 5:20 PM

It feels like we are being positioned for a lower seed than our #5 " projected " seed .
We'll need to win 2 games in the ACCT to garner a 4 or a 5 ...in my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic